NASCAR Racing is Alive & Well at the Central Texas Speedway

NickHolt

NASCAR Racing is Alive & Well at the Central Texas Speedway - Central Texas Speedway: Home of "Fast Cars and Hot Guitars"

post-3-1357746448.jpg

January 9, 2013 -- (Kyle, Texas) -- The Central Texas Speedway (CTS) is pleased to announce that NASCAR racing will continue in 2013 starting with the first of eight scheduled events on April 5-6, 2013. Located in Kyle, Texas near San Marcos, and almost midway between Austin and San Antonio, CTS will offer local race fans a complete and exciting NASCAR Home Track experience with the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series.

"Race fans in Central Texas have grown accustom to high quality NASCAR racing, and we are proud to build on that tradition," says Jim Hubbard, General Manager of CTS. "We are also excited to announce some new additions to the overall entertainment experience, including kart racing, live music and several competitive NASCAR racing divisions. Live music has long been a part of the local culture, so wanted to provide fans the unique opportunity to watch exciting races and enjoy live Central Texas music all at the same place and on the same night."

A typical race weekend will consist of:

Friday • 9am-5:30pm: Open practice for all classes

• Noon: Car Bar opens

• 6pm-9pm: Street Stock Racing for Grand Stocks, Super Stocks and Mini Stocks

• 9pm-Midnight: Live music and Trophy presentation/Champagne toast

Saturday • 9am-3:30pm: Open practice for all classes

• Noon: Car Bar opens

• 4pm-5:30pm: NASKARTS, Dwarf Cars, Texas Pro Sedans

• 6pm-9pm: NASCAR Whelen All-American Series main event featuring Trucks, Modifieds and Pro Late Models classes

• 9pm-Midnight: Live music and Trophy presentation/Champagne toast

2013 Race Schedule

April 5-6

May 3-4

May 31 – June 1

June 28-29

July 26-27

August 23-24

September 20-21

November 15-16

About Central Texas Speedway

You can find fast and furious fun for the whole family at Central Texas Speedway, a local track in Kyle, Texas. Central Texas Speedway features several classes of cars in extreme side-by-side racing. The track is one of Texas’ best 3/8-mile, asphalt oval, short tracks and there’s not one bad seat in the house. Get up close to the real action in the general admission bleacher stands or experience the races in style by booking one of the track’s recently renovated VIP Suites. The CTS facilities and amenities include:

• VIP air-conditioned suites offer a place for fans to eat and mingle with friends while they watch the extreme action outside. The VIP suites also feature a walk out sky-deck for those who want to experience the private, conversation friendly suites but don’t want to miss out on the roaring motors and up close action.

• A full concession where fans watching from the grand stands or suites can buy great food and drinks, including beer.

• Horseshoe pits where fans can meet up with friends before the races for a game or two.

• An official Pro Beach Volleyball court for the kids to play before, between, and after races.

There’s something for everyone to enjoy at Central Texas Speedway!

• 3 weeks later...

i KNOW i dont have anything to do with CTS or Texas Racing anymore. But why do the NASCAR thing if they are only running 8 events. Unless i dont understand the NASCAR points system anymore 8 races will not allow anyone to be able to win the State or National Titles. So correct me if im wrong but seems to be a waste of time and money to me.

i KNOW i dont have anything to do with CTS or Texas Racing anymore. But why do the NASCAR thing if they are only running 8 events. Unless i dont understand the NASCAR points system anymore 8 races will not allow anyone to be able to win the State or National Titles. So correct me if im wrong but seems to be a waste of time and money to me.

now that makes you go hmmmm. you have a point

State and National titles are decided by a racers best 16 (I think) races. For a racer that is only racing at CTS, it will probably be useless to run under the NASCAR banner - except maybe points fund money? For a racer that plans to run both tracks and make a title run at HMP, CTS will do nothing but help. If you have a few bad races at HMP and a few good races at CTS, the bad races are replaced with the better ones from CTS. Now, depending on car count, your worst race at HMP could still be better than your best at CTS... we will wait and see I guess.

State and National titles are decided by a racers best 16 (I think) races. For a racer that is only racing at CTS, it will probably be useless to run under the NASCAR banner - except maybe points fund money? For a racer that plans to run both tracks and make a title run at HMP, CTS will do nothing but help. If you have a few bad races at HMP and a few good races at CTS, the bad races are replaced with the better ones from CTS. Now, depending on car count, your worst race at HMP could still be better than your best at CTS... we will wait and see I guess.

Good counter argument....

Archived