Would LLM's consider running TRP on July 5th?

TRP

Hey guys, Ken here.

I am considering running LLM's on July 5th a Friday night. I have the ASCS Sprints scheduled for that night at my track. I do not want to interfere with the street stock shootout. So i do not want the street stocks to run Friday at my track and Saturday at I37. They could get some damage and take them out of the series contention. So talk it over and PM me here and I'll get you my contact info.

I know y'all put on a good show. I was there at SOS and seen y'all at I37 several times.

Talk to y'all soon.

Hey guys, Ken here.

I am considering running LLM's on July 5th a Friday night. I have the ASCS Sprints scheduled for that night at my track. I do not want to interfere with the street stock shootout. So i do not want the street stocks to run Friday at my track and Saturday at I37. They could get some damage and take them out of the series contention. So talk it over and PM me here and I'll get you my contact info.

I know y'all put on a good show. I was there at SOS and seen y'all at I37 several times.

Talk to y'all soon.

Ken I would be excited to be there with the ASCS guys!! Count us in...Guys..Here is a chance to be seen by some of the sprint car guys... this is a really awesome chance to get seen!!!

Where's the like button? :P Haha. Sounds good guys. If we get enough interest, and it looks like we have, I will be getting more info to y'all. If you have a chairman or leader of this class, get his info to me and we can work the details out.

Thanks Ken.

Is July 6th an off night for us at I-37?

While I-37 does not own our cars, they have without question stuck with this class. It looks to be a good year in LLM's car count wise. I like the idea of running other tracks on occasion, but if any of us commit to race elsewhere , to me you need to commit to do whatever it takes to get back to I-37 the next race because they are the track that took care of us as a class. I-37 HAS to remain priority #1 for us to keep this class going.

While I-37 does not own our cars, they have without question stuck with this class. It looks to be a good year in LLM's car count wise. I like the idea of running other tracks on occasion, but if any of us commit to race elsewhere , to me you need to commit to do whatever it takes to get back to I-37 the next race because they are the track that took care of us as a class. I-37 HAS to remain priority #1 for us to keep this class going.

While I don't have a dog in this, the above statement is 100% correct.

LIKE LIKE

Totally agree with Trey 100%... And I dont think any of us will ever leave the confinds of I37 for our weekly show... And I know if I run anywhere else, the car will be ready for the home show or we dont go anywhere else... My goal is to be seen...I have a goal of moving to Late Models or Sprints.. the only way to learn more is to go... Ken we are in if there is enough cars.. To everyone in our class....WE NEED TO BRING THE SHOW to I37!!! lol.. this is gonna be a fun year!!!

Couldn't have said it any better Trey!

Totally agree with Trey 100%... And I dont think any of us will ever leave the confinds of I37 for our weekly show... And I know if I run anywhere else, the car will be ready for the home show or we dont go anywhere else... My goal is to be seen...I have a goal of moving to Late Models or Sprints.. the only way to learn more is to go... Ken we are in if there is enough cars.. To everyone in our class....WE NEED TO BRING THE SHOW to I37!!! lol.. this is gonna be a fun year!!!

Drew you are doing great...and from the readings I've read, all your trying to do is run at other locations while running the season at I-37. It seems to be a class that has cleaned up, b/c when it was at SOS our cars were in pieces every night...and numbers fell quickly...lol....Wish I still had mine, I still have motor and trans if anyone needs one...

Drew you are doing great...and from the readings I've read, all your trying to do is run at other locations while running the season at I-37. It seems to be a class that has cleaned up, b/c when it was at SOS our cars were in pieces every night...and numbers fell quickly...lol....Wish I still had mine, I still have motor and trans if anyone needs one...

Our class has turned into a really fun and compeditive class...and yes all i want to do is race when 37 isnt....but to pass up colinning an ascs sprint show? Not me...i will be there...thats where i grew up and i want to have a chance to be seen... we will then be there at home on saturday to get it on with the boys goin for the points...thanks bro..wish u still had ur car and was running with us!

I didn't think anyone was suggesting we abandon I37. I thought the invitation was to come Fri. the 5th. That still leaves Sat. the 6th to race I37. Sounds like a fun all-race weekend to me.

Lets do this! A double race night weekend? Then yes!

I remember we had a 3 day race weekend with I-37 Friday night, Edna Saturday night and Sunday at Shady Oaks, and had a good car count at each track. Now keep in mind all these tracks were running the LLMs but was still pretty cool. I would really like to see are class have something like the street stock shootout. We all need to get together with Jim to work this out. As long as we have all (point nights) most of the guys running for points will not travel to the other tracks. I just like to race at different tracks and I'am glad that Jim has a place for us to run, but saying this in a nice way, he doesn't own us. I think we could all come up with something that makes I-37 are home track but get a few other races in at STS' SOS' Cottonbowl,Texana, ect. without hurting the drivers running for points. JMO.

I remember we had a 3 day race weekend with I-37 Friday night, Edna Saturday night and Sunday at Shady Oaks, and had a good car count at each track. Now keep in mind all these tracks were running the LLMs but was still pretty cool. I would really like to see are class have something like the street stock shootout. We all need to get together with Jim to work this out. As long as we have all (point nights) most of the guys running for points will not travel to the other tracks. I just like to race at different tracks and I'am glad that Jim has a place for us to run, but saying this in a nice way, he doesn't own us. I think we could all come up with something that makes I-37 are home track but get a few other races in at STS' SOS' Cottonbowl,Texana, ect. without hurting the drivers running for points. JMO.

I agree... Remember..I am saying this for just this 1 show...thats it..I want to bring more llms to 37...alot more. But to help us out in that we might need to hit a big show.. LOL... Listen..everyone... I am not leaving 37!!! I am wanting to help our class get visability...But agree with Ron..we can take our class to many tracks in a season if all the tracks would be on board with 37.. if not.. oh well... 37 is our home.. HOME.... But there is probly not another chance to be invited to an ASCS SPRINT CAR SHOW.....and co headline... no brainer to me...and if we break something, we will fix it sat am and go racing for points on Sat at home.....

JMO but don't run both late model classes on same night.. Like when SOS ran 2 dwarf classes on one night the fans will get tired of seeing it split up into 2 classes.. Granted that's jmo!

I think you lost me bud. lol.. not hard to do tho for me.. But this is for the Sprint car show. We will be the only latemodels on the 5th..

You're right Drew, it is easy to lose you. We seemed to have lost you somewhere the last 2 seasons.lol If you look at the race dates for the latemodels, at the very bottom it says July 5th TRP.

I see that now..but you know what..its an ASCS show... dont care about the other classes running.. We were invited for a reason.. and now that I see that we will be replacing the Street Stocks.... OOPs... but oh well, I am in to run the show with a few others..

You're right Drew, it is easy to lose you. We seemed to have lost you somewhere the last 2 seasons.lol If you look at the race dates for the latemodels, at the very bottom it says July 5th TRP.

I see that now..but you know what..its an ASCS show... dont care about the other classes running.. We were invited for a reason.. and now that I see that we will be replacing the Street Stocks.... OOPs... but oh well, I am in to run the show with a few others..

The street stocks are off at Texana because we are running a shootout at another track that weekend. When we race a shootout event street stocks are off at the other 4 supporting tracks.

WaerRacing00 i am going to pickup a llm roller in houston put ur drivetrain in and lets have fun on the 5th

when i get a motor built we will try to make I-37 when possable

Awesome! That makes 8 so far. Lets do this boys!

Archived