Possible?

It's your series. Don't blame you for running it the way you want. I would have liked to race on occasion, but had no intention of "joining". I would have been at a disadvantage car wise, just thought it would be fun. Maybe one day I could change over since motor/driveline crosses over, but I have no intention in leaving I-37. Like I said before ...Looks good and Good Luck!

Same thoughts exactly...

I think it would be beneficial to let the LLMs run with you. They could put on the wider wheels and tires and do pretty well.

If your tube frame cars are worried about damage, they do that to themselves as well from what I have read on here.

Rough driving should be policed and dealt with in any class. The tube chassis cars depending on which brand can be

totaled or have a bent clip just by bumping wheels. The LLM guys have had some of the best racing I have seen around

at I37. The two types of cars have ran mixed in the past and have done ok. If you are trying to build a successful series I would

find ways of being inclusive not exclusive. Asphalt has obsoleted too many late models at the drop of the hat and wonder

why they have no cars, don't follow that rule. I have seen the mix of cars run at Devils bowl, Lonestar and Buffalo Park as

well as Texas Dirt Speedway. It is all about the drivers and their abilities and the LLMs have some good ones. Just because

a driver has a tube chassis doesn't make them a better driver. I know of a 2800lbcar that came in 4th at kilgore when they didn't

even have scales against outlaw latemodels in the 80s with a 355 iron head motor and flat tappet cam. Let them run and have a 20

car field instead of 8-10 cars.

I never did understand how cars wreck before even wrecking. If you dont touch then no worries. And honestly the times our cars have run with them they have never caused a wreck..it was thier own cars doing it.. oh well, I wish them luck with the series..

I really don't know how to respond,but that's never stopped me before so here it goes.

I'm glad we have over 1000 views of this one topic,it shows some real intrest in our little series.

I have in no way stated or implied that one group of drivers is in any way better than any other group. I have a great deal of passion for this class and series and have invested a great deal of personal time and money to help this class grow. I hope to have more than 6 to 8 cars in the field and I am helping fellow competitors get their cars ready for the start of the season. I am willing to help any competitor with their needs if I have time or resources, and would be glad to help anyone locate parts and pieces for their car. I cannot help a person if they think this class is beyond their budget, because it can be beyond a lot of racing budgets. I understand that and that is part of racing. I will never be able to have the budget I would like to have for racing but I will always help a fellow racer if I can.

I do not have any idea what the season holds for this class but I have stated before I am in this for the long run and appreciate the different tracks letting us continue to run.We have seen this class grow from 6 registered cars 2 years ago to have somewhere between 20 and 22 registered last year.

I will continue to promote this series with integrity and honesty,if you would like to run with us in this series I would expect you to do like wise.

I will not jeopardize the safety of fellow drivers or their cars to allow stock clip cars in this series at this time. I have stated before, I have personally witnessed a llm at I37 lose his breaks and t-bone another car on the back stretch,this would have ended badly for a tube car to take a side impact like that from a stock clip car. I will also like to state that I will never be afraid of a driver from any class. I race to the best of my abilities every time I race. I have won a few and lost a bunch and every driver that has raced with us in the past probably feels the same way, so to say that latemodels would be scared to race with leaf spring cars is not a statement that make anyone respect a leafspring car, it just shows the lack of understanding of how a four bar car is put together. Im pretty sure four bar cars would not be allowed to compete in llm class, they are trully a different car, not better just different.

I love the fact that the llm drivers are as passionate about their class as I am about this series, and I really hope that some of you will be able to make the move from your current class to late models. Passion is what drives this sport not only from a drivers perspective but also a fans.

If you still have a need to talk to me about this feel free to continue to post on this thread or you can call me at 361 648 2195.

Thanks Mitch.

Mitch, I never said it was you that said anything about driving abilities..My whole point is simple, some of us that are very clean want to test our luck with yall... thats it.. If your guys are worried about us destroying your cars, then tell them to stop destroying themselves before assuming we would be handing out all the damage. Its not fair..But its ok. I have tried, and failed here and thats ok.. I do wish you guys the best. If anyone wants to scout drivers that are bad ass in a lower class... come watch us.. And I grew up with sprints and 4 link mods, I have a good clue about yalls suspension.. I just cant afford it...and my leaf springs are doing just fine being compeditive against all the 3 links in our class.. but your right no comparison.. and very intriguing...I want to race against the best all the time.. our class has nothing but the best which makes me believe that we along with your cars would make one awesome show...But I will let this be and leave it alone... cant blame a man for trying...Best of luck mitch!!

Destroying a Late Model would be the least of my worries I would be worried about getting killed from getting hit by a LLM. Not saying all of the them but alot of them are built with so much more tubing/steel way more then even neccessary for LLM. Plus the way some are designed it would take shootgun to get past the nerf bars and bumpers to take out a tire. Nothing wrong with that because its allowed in LLM but to say they are safe to run with a LM is a very untrue statement on any track much less SOS and the speeds they are carrying. The top LM's would be lapping LLM's within 5 to 10 laps under most track conditions. Sure they will be able to stay on the same lap as several LM's but thats at best. LLM's have numbers enough to do good at I37 but I wouldnt spread yourselfs too thin racing every weekend. Several have already proven they are one wreck or bad luck from being parked all year and there lies the problem cause then you dont have the numbers to have over 10 cars consistantly. Its a fine line of wanting to race more but looking out for whats best for the class at i37.

If Someone wants to get in a late model John O is selling his.. Also this whole we have to get a big motor thing and its expensive is BS! Sean Jones won a SUPR race in a Crate motor this year and on most Texas tracks that slick off they will be competitive.. The reason that the don't let the LLM race with them is the same reason the street stocks don't hot lap with the Limiteds.. At SOS one night I had to hot lap my limited with a LLM and pulled off after almost getting run over.. I'm not saying that y'all can't drive but y'all have said your self how expensive the late models are and there is no point in destroying one when something out of your control happens because the LLM are built like full heavy cars instead of out of solid tubing..

Everyones concern is great,but all this negative rambling is not doing the sport any good.Enough is enough.I will see ya at the track and lets put on a clean show for the fans in all classes.

CBLGDC.... thank you! whats your number I would like to talk to you about the ASCS show... Drew

Archived