Possible?

Just a thought because I would love to see our class and the supr class grow.. How about a series for the limited late guys? I mean, we could travel with yall and bring two classes of late models to show.. just a thought since I cant offord a supr right now... THoughts?

Not possible, a late model and a limited late model are a totally different animal. A lot more weight and iron compared to a lot less weight and aluminum. If u want to run the series get a true late model. If u look at the cost, the parts are acually cheaper than the factory parts y'all are bolting on those cars. I have heard some of those motors y'all have and they sound pretty strong, put that in a 4 link late model and you will have more fun, promise. You can buy a roller late model cheaper than some of y'all guys are asking to sell your last years car for.

Drew I would love to see your class have a touring series ,but its all I can do to find sponsors and manage one series.If someone from your class would like to start a series the first thing to do is talk to the different tracks in the area and see if they would host your races.The purses come from the tracks,and our points fund comes from donations,so you need someone to do the leg work for the donations and then organize the schedule with the tracks.They might would like to add your class when other classes are racing elsewhere. Thanks Mitch.

@ Latemodel 82.... I have looked around and have set my sight on a car for the up comming seasons with you latemodel guys.. So yes we are planning to join yall soon..

@Mitchy... I will look into it. If I could get some info from you on the tracks you have lined up I will take the lead on this. I think for the crowd to see to sets of latemodels run it will enhance the show some and give some of us drivers a chance to run infront of bigger crowds. But I always keep an open mind. I will work at it in depth and see what I can come up with... Thanks!

Drew the tracks I have worked with for this season are Shady Oaks, Texana, South Texas,andCotton Bowl.We are going to have a fifteen races series with a points fund for the end of the season.As of right now we have a guaranteed $1500 for the winner with a total of $5000.00 in the points fund. This is expected to grow by seasons end. Pm me your # and i will call you back . Thanks Mitch.

After talking to several drivers, the conclusion is it would make more sense to have the limited late models get into tube cars instead of stock clip cars. Instead of two classes with 10-15 cars we could 25-30 cars. How awesome would that be to see a full field of cars at every track we would run at.If this were to happen the tracks would really be excited when our little show comes to town. Just a thought, so lets hear what you have to say.

After talking to several drivers, the conclusion is it would make more sense to have the limited late models get into tube cars instead of stock clip cars. Instead of two classes with 10-15 cars we could 25-30 cars. How awesome would that be to see a full field of cars at every track we would run at.If this were to happen the tracks would really be excited when our little show comes to town. Just a thought, so lets hear what you have to say.

I understand why they are saying that and to me thats not really a far deal for us drivers in llm... Most of us cant afford tube cars right now...I understand the track being scared of our higher car counts taking away from the supr show and since the fear of our cars tearing their cars up if we run together is there that wont work either. I have contemplated buying a tube chassis just would take us 3 yrs to build money wise... So I guess we have no option to run at sos... Sad in my mind...not to offend anyone at all, most of us less fortunate guys should never be denied the ability to showcase our talent in our cars which in turn helps find sponsors and who knows a ride in a tube car.. Doesn't discourage me from building one, just shows a one sided affair in this scenario.. Im sure someone is gonna get upset at this but I am a cut a dry guy. Everyone knows us llm guys arent able to just jump right into a tube car <_< .. If someone has a tube car they need a driver for... Call me...Thanks for the time Mitchy...hopefully in the near future I can join you guys in the big leagues.. :P

im lost why cant you run at sos ? As your own class right. There was a good turnout the first time they came out second time sucked though which so did the late models with only three cars .

That was my question Chris. I dont know why but from what I gathered it seems they dont want another lm class running same night..

dont know why because with Mitch's where only maybe once a month .hey and the #12 lm was for sale think it said 500 roller. Its an older car but still fast

Nice.. IDK man... but soon o soon we will be running with yall.. been looking for a good car complete tho... whats the details of the 15 car?

dont know why because with Mitch's where only maybe once a month .hey and the #12 lm was for sale think it said 500 roller. Its an older car but still fast

Nice.. IDK man... but soon o soon we will be running with yall.. been looking for a good car complete tho... whats the details of the 15 car?

the 15?

Not roller frame, tub, deck, spindles, and birdcages. $750 and I'll add rack and servo, powerglide with shifter, coupler, and cooler.

Sorry ,Im late to respond Drew but I was in no way trying to say ya'll could not run at the same tracks.I just think it would be a better if there were more cars in one class.I still think you should persue the idea of having a series for your class ,but in the long run if we can all get on the same page I think it will be better for both classes. Its something that can happen if we all work together.

I am planning on the the long run with this series and hopefully the car counts will keep growing.If you could get your drivers to commit to changing to tube cars at some point in the future everyone could work along the same path to make this series really grow.

I am not endorsing one class over another or trying to take away anything from any track,I am actually trying to promote car counts at all of the tracks we run by keeping everyone racing towards a goal at the end of the season. I will give you a call Drew so we can discuss it further.

Thanks Mitch.

Sorry ,Im late to respond Drew but I was in no way trying to say ya'll could not run at the same tracks.I just think it would be a better if there were more cars in one class.I still think you should persue the idea of having a series for your class ,but in the long run if we can all get on the same page I think it will be better for both classes. Its something that can happen if we all work together.

I am planning on the the long run with this series and hopefully the car counts will keep growing.If you could get your drivers to commit to changing to tube cars at some point in the future everyone could work along the same path to make this series really grow.

I am not endorsing one class over another or trying to take away anything from any track,I am actually trying to promote car counts at all of the tracks we run by keeping everyone racing towards a goal at the end of the season. I will give you a call Drew so we can discuss it further.

Thanks Mitch.

No problem and I wasnt trying to be abrasive.. some of us are wanting to move up just cant rt now... But I am working twords a tube car in the near future... I do want to promote good car counts but keep classes that have good car counts also.. im sure we can all work something out.. but one thing is for sure. we all wanna race..Thanks Mitch..

Not possible, a late model and a limited late model are a totally different animal. A lot more weight and iron compared to a lot less weight and aluminum. If u want to run the series get a true late model. If u look at the cost, the parts are acually cheaper than the factory parts y'all are bolting on those cars. I have heard some of those motors y'all have and they sound pretty strong, put that in a 4 link late model and you will have more fun, promise. You can buy a roller late model cheaper than some of y'all guys are asking to sell your last years car for.

I have looked at those cars. I'm not sure how 4links, birdcages and coilovers on all 4 corners, 4 piston calipers, after market spindles, and rack and pinions are cheaper than what I have.

And comparing racewinning/ championship LLM's for sale to 15 year old roller late models is apples to oranges.

Not hacking on y'all. Good luck with what y'all do. Looks like y'all have a good thing going. Good luck...

"If you could get your drivers to commit to changing to tube cars at some point in the future everyone could work along the same path to make this series really grow."

The only way that would work would be to combine now....Not gonna reopen that argument. Y'all don't want to do it...but thats a big investment to change from any class, much less a late model.

I have looked at those cars. I'm not sure how 4links, birdcages and coilovers on all 4 corners, 4 piston calipers, after market spindles, and rack and pinions are cheaper than what I have.

And comparing racewinning/ championship LLM's for sale to 15 year old roller late models is apples to oranges.

Not hacking on y'all. Good luck with what y'all do. Looks like y'all have a good thing going. Good luck...

"If you could get your drivers to commit to changing to tube cars at some point in the future everyone could work along the same path to make this series really grow."

The only way that would work would be to combine now....Not gonna reopen that argument. Y'all don't want to do it...but thats a big investment to change from any class, much less a late model.

Trey.... My point exactly.. Guess the LLM class with 15 -20 cars nose to tail is better than 6 or 7 spread out that cost twice as much...One day I want a crate car... but our llm class is growing alot I think and that means its gonna be around for a while..The motor for the Latemodels alone is twice what my entire car cost with a motor...but I still want to move up also... dont know.. pipe dreams i guess... lolol.....

Trey you almost ready bro?

And I want to make clear I am not taking anything away from you guys with the Latemodels...Just think if given the chance we LLM guys can prove to yall that we are clean and fast enough to run with yall for the most part.. Plus to us it would give most of us a good assessment of how we stand in comparison as drivers.. We all know that we might not beable to run in front of you all, but we could put on one HELLUVA show...again cudos to you guys....I look to be in yalls class one day..but until then...the LLM show at 37 will continue to be the place to be for us..

OR...Is it the fact that noone wants to have a leaf spring car side by side in a turn sideways with a 4 bar car? LMAO... jkjkjk....could happen tho..LMAO....i can see the intimidation by that.. jkjkjk.....all in fun guys but really....leaf springs....its all I can afford....and it works...let me show you.... :P

whats the max CI on a LLM 362 or 364?

you dont have to run a 430 CI all aluminum dry sump motor in these cars but thats a choice though . This isnt the world of outlaws and a 15 yr old car is as good as the rest with the updates.

just like you said though apples to oranges is the same as LLM to LM . just like Limited modifieds dont run with modifides .

i use to have a llm was far from the fastest out there but it would keep up. its still a long shot from a LM.

thats all i have to say i have raced in both these classes .

whats the max CI on a LLM 362 or 364?

you dont have to run a 430 CI all aluminum dry sump motor in these cars but thats a choice though . This isnt the world of outlaws and a 15 yr old car is as good as the rest with the updates.

just like you said though apples to oranges is the same as LLM to LM . just like Limited modifieds dont run with modifides .

i use to have a llm was far from the fastest out there but it would keep up. its still a long shot from a LM.

thats all i have to say i have raced in both these classes .

Chris....we can run a 364....but since we are amatures to everyone else since we dont run tube cars your boys dont want us running with or along side yall...they have made it clear...which is cool....i will say this.....i like being under estimated because of our car...and from what i have seen we do put on a better show and will gladly stay rt where i am at with 15 of the cleanest drivers in a lower class. A tube car doesnt make me a better driver..and my ego isnt one that forgets where i am at...wish yall the best of luck...if anyone wants to see a full field of latemodels that can finsh 20 lals caution free nose to tail....come check out the amatures at i37...lmao...Nitro said it

I think it would be beneficial to let the LLMs run with you. They could put on the wider wheels and tires and do pretty well.

If your tube frame cars are worried about damage, they do that to themselves as well from what I have read on here.

Rough driving should be policed and dealt with in any class. The tube chassis cars depending on which brand can be

totaled or have a bent clip just by bumping wheels. The LLM guys have had some of the best racing I have seen around

at I37. The two types of cars have ran mixed in the past and have done ok. If you are trying to build a successful series I would

find ways of being inclusive not exclusive. Asphalt has obsoleted too many late models at the drop of the hat and wonder

why they have no cars, don't follow that rule. I have seen the mix of cars run at Devils bowl, Lonestar and Buffalo Park as

well as Texas Dirt Speedway. It is all about the drivers and their abilities and the LLMs have some good ones. Just because

a driver has a tube chassis doesn't make them a better driver. I know of a 2800lbcar that came in 4th at kilgore when they didn't

even have scales against outlaw latemodels in the 80s with a 355 iron head motor and flat tappet cam. Let them run and have a 20

car field instead of 8-10 cars.

I really don't know how to respond,but that's never stopped me before so here it goes.

I'm glad we have over 1000 views of this one topic,it shows some real intrest in our little series.

I have in no way stated or implied that one group of drivers is in any way better than any other group. I have a great deal of passion for this class and series and have invested a great deal of personal time and money to help this class grow. I hope to have more than 6 to 8 cars in the field and I am helping fellow competitors get their cars ready for the start of the season. I am willing to help any competitor with their needs if I have time or resources, and would be glad to help anyone locate parts and pieces for their car. I cannot help a person if they think this class is beyond their budget, because it can be beyond a lot of racing budgets. I understand that and that is part of racing. I will never be able to have the budget I would like to have for racing but I will always help a fellow racer if I can.

I do not have any idea what the season holds for this class but I have stated before I am in this for the long run and appreciate the different tracks letting us continue to run.We have seen this class grow from 6 registered cars 2 years ago to have somewhere between 20 and 22 registered last year.

I will continue to promote this series with integrity and honesty,if you would like to run with us in this series I would expect you to do like wise.

I will not jeopardize the safety of fellow drivers or their cars to allow stock clip cars in this series at this time. I have stated before, I have personally witnessed a llm at I37 lose his brakes and t-bone another car on the back stretch,this would have ended badly for a tube car to take a side impact like that from a stock clip car. I will also like to state that I will never be afraid of a driver from any class. I race to the best of my abilities every time I race. I have won a few and lost a bunch and every driver that has raced with us in the past probably feels the same way, so to say that latemodels would be scared to race with leaf spring cars is not a statement that make anyone respect a leafspring car, it just shows the lack of understanding of how a four bar car is put together. Im pretty sure four bar cars would not be allowed to compete in llm class, they are trully a different car, not better just different.

I love the fact that the llm drivers are as passionate about their class as I am about this series, and I really hope that some of you will be able to make the move from your current class to late models. Passion is what drives this sport not only from a drivers perspective but also a fans.

If you still have a need to talk to me about this feel free to continue to post on this thread or you can call me at 361 648 2195.

Thanks Mitch.

It's your series. Don't blame you for running it the way you want. I would have liked to race on occasion, but had no intention of "joining". I would have been at a disadvantage car wise, just thought it would be fun. Maybe one day I could change over since motor/driveline crosses over, but I have no intention in leaving I-37. Like I said before ...Looks good and Good Luck!

Archived