Bruce Mabrito's annual "Ode" for Texas Pro Sedan Banquet

ODE TO THE TEXAS PRO SEDAN SERIES

ORGANIZERS AND COMPETITORS

FOR THE 2012 SEASON

By Bruce Mabrito

It’s really incredible that the Texas Pro Sedan series is wrapping up our 37th colorful season,

And not one of us is lifting in the middle of a turn, because we love racing and have no reason.

About 30 Texas Pro Sedan racers signed up to compete and race in this 2012 year,

And unlike Brad Keselowski of Sprint Cup fame, not one of us did it just for beer….

The TPS ladies and gents are most certainly great stock car competitors and they are hard-core,

And no one can say that our 35-lap races ever put anyone to sleep or might be called a bore!

Through the close-racing, blown engines, spins in the turns, fender-rubbing and crashes,

To my knowledge, there has never been a Texas Pro Sedan car that has burned to ashes.

To the Texas Pro Sedan Series 2012 season champion, we honor James Hogan,

His go-faster No. 70 spiffy Scirocco from Spicewood, look, look, he really ran!

James fought consistently and hard for his championship all season long,

And his talented team deserves much applause since they did no wrong.

Cody Limerick of Corpus Christi and Mike Knotts, racing out of Germany this year,

Tied for second place with 85 points, and neither one of them lifted out of fear!

Cody piloted his No. 2 Ford Mustang like icing on one of his cakes, passing car after car after car;

Mike pushed his black/white No. 77 VW Scirocco engine to the max, but it could only go so far.

Bob Sherland of San Antonio neatly prepared his No. 3 VW Rabbit for each and every race,

And after ups and downs and all arounds, Bob finished the season in a respectable fourth place.

Fifth was Lisa Sandoval of Corpus Christi in her bright-colored No. 28 Ford Pinto, running well;

She and her family blended Ford engine reliability and skill so her CC Speedway fans said “swell!”

Johnny Guerra of Corpus Christi was always a threat in his No. 29 Mustang which was very loud,

And he amassed 64 points to take sixth place in this year’s TPS series, making him very proud.

There was a tie at 52-points for seventh place between rookies Scott Schuster and Sterling Beck,

With Scott often passing cars from the rear of the field in his No. 88, really clearing the deck.

Then there was Sterling always trying text from the cockpit or trying a new line through a corner,

And he seemed to take joy in spinning right in front of me, and I often thought I was a gone-ner!

Lalo Leal, the Ford Mustang Ace, raced super-strong around CC Speedway with his quick mount,

But after experiencing engine problems, he finally captured ninth place with 49 points to count!

Now, the always-helpful Jeff Meeks from Marion in No. 5, was in yet another Mustang hot-rod,

And he took tenth place with 43 points, and being so nice, he never has to look around for a job!

There were almost 20 more of us who raced in the 37th Texas Pro Sedan series events this year,

But time and space make it tough to list them all, so let’s just say that we give them a big cheer!

Special big thanks to our sponsors who helped the Texas Pro Sedans to provide a great show,

And here’s hoping our 38th season of competition will have high car-counts worthy of the tow!

In this season, we wish all our Texas Pro Sedan friends a wonderful Christmas and New Year,

And you all have an opportunity to be successful and happy, as you shift your life into top gear!

bruce always has the right words ..............wanted to come up just could not make it ....i pulled an old car out of the back forty found enough parts to bring her back out after three years borrowing parts off of it thanks to the work of jesse jordan and joshua;s help .had to work hard to get the spider webs out of her and almost did .didnt finish any races but it showed it can run with the best .heck i shook out some old spider webs i had .i didnt know if i could still turn some laps like that ..got some work to do to catch up with the front runners .wow you guys are fast . looking forward to try and keep up next year ...

Archived