A few Thoughts

As mentioned in the drivers meeting at STS, I will not be able to attend the Cottonbowl event given I made reservations back in April to attend the World of Outlaw finals. Stay dry Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm going to take my driving suit with me in case a Late Model driver is not feeling well... :lol: ... I hate to miss our last series event of 2012, but will be there in spirit. There are a great many things that we do during a series event, so please be nice to Stephan as he will be juggling a lot of things in addition to competing. Remember, he will be selling out the T-Shirts at $5 each, so get em while they last.

Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone that I will not have the opportunity to help with the series in 2013 due to work demands during the legislative session and due to work travel that I will have in the spring and summer of 2013. I am thankful to Jeff Allgayer who said yes within seconds when I called him about being our series title sponsor this year and equally thankful to all of the sponsors this year. I truly believe this particular series is one of the best things dirt track racing in central and south Texas has seen in a good while by simply bring folks together understanding there is a little give and take here and there on rules, but providing some real fun opportunities for everyone. Our points fund payout totals $4,725 plus we've paid out $250 each night in special awards from the series funds, provided a consistent techman and a flagman. Everything went real well this year and lots of good times. Hopefully someone or someones will step in and help in 2013 because it is not a real easy task with several of the behind the scenes administrative items that occur. Thank you everyone for your support of the series.

As soon as the last race is wrapped up and Stephan has time to total all points and determine that everything is accurate, I will quickly mail checks to the top 15 points earners. When you receive your check in early November, please make a point to cash it within two weeks as I will want to reconcile the account fully.

Thank you again to everyone and good luck to each and everyone at Cottonbowl on November 3rd!

Thank you Monty for working with Stephan to start this series. Your and Stephan's dedication to promoting dirt track racing is appreciated. Shady Oaks Speedway is proud to be one of the participating tracks and looks forward to hosting again next year. Once again, thank you for all you do for the sport of dirt track racing. See ya at the races next year.

Archived