MAN Racing Promotions terminates Thunderhill Raceway lease

debwill

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Debbie Williams, 210-685-0400 (cell), debbie@thunderhillraceway.com

MAN Racing Promotions terminates Thunderhill Raceway lease

KYLE, TX (October 24, 2012) – Thunderhill Raceway is a 3/8 mile D-shaped asphalt oval track, in Kyle, Texas that officially opened on April 18, 1998. Mary Ann Naumann, owner/operator of MAN Racing Promotions, LLC, took over in 1997.

In 2011 Thunderhill Raceway became a NASCAR-sanctioned track. It currently holds stock car racing events from March-October of each year.

Following recent negotiations with the primary lease holder, Armadillo Promotions, MAN Racing Promotions LLC has decided not to renew its lease for the Thunderhill Raceway property.

“It was such a tough decision to make, and I’m moving forward with a heavy heart,” said Naumann. “Thunderhill Raceway has been an important part of my life ever since it opened 14 years ago. I dearly love my racing family, and I know it will be very difficult for me to no longer be a part of stock car racing at Thunderhill Raceway.

Naumann added, “After 12 years with Thunderhill, it’s time!"

Many people will think that the recent reopening of nearby San Antonio Speedway (SAS) was part of the decision to terminate the lease; however, it had no effect on the decision. Naumann commented, "The terms of the proposed lease were just too demanding to even possibly consider.”

Naumann would like to give a huge thanks to all the racers, fans, support staff, family, friends and believers from the bottom of her heart. “I could have not done it without them,” said Naumann.

Effective immediately, the entire lease of this property will be held by Armadillo Promotions, which is owned by Tim Self. The facility will be renamed the Kyle Music and Events Center.

- 30 -

post-29-1351125182.jpg

Mary Ann Naumann,

Owner/Operator of MAN Racing Promotions, LLC

People can say what they want but its been fun racing at Thunderhill Maryann and H have giving us somewhere to go race and spend time with some really great people that Hunter and i have met!! In the 2 years that we have been a part of the track Maryann has greeted us with open arms at every race!!! So from Hunter Montogmery Racing and the Montgomery family we thank you for all that you did for Racing!!!:(

post-3-1351133333.jpg

post-3-1351133338.jpg

Tommy and I have been a part of THR since it was built. Cannot tell you how sad we are to hear this news. Want to thank Mary Ann and H very much for their extreme dedication to keep the track going over the years! Also want to thank the track staff and clean-up crews. We have a LOT of great memories of our racing, spending special time with our racing family, and all the 'late night' entertainment at this track!!!

Love you all and best wishes,

The Gurals

I can promise you this, Mary Ann gave it all she had... and as I said many time she kept coming back for more. Lots of hurdles and obstacles to overcome and she did and kept us all in business. Thanks my friend for all you have done and for being a life long friend. Thanks for all the trust you put in me to work for you these past few year, words will never describe the debt of gratitude I owe you.

I love you MA,

RR

I've been there with my wife Kim from day one. I know Mary Ann has put her heart and soul into keeping this track alive for us. I did wonder about tennis courts and other additions that were going in but didn't see this coming. Good luck Mary Ann with future endeavors ...and H maybe you can actually slow down & enjoy your retirement you started many years ago !

HAD A TON OF FUN AT THUNDER HILL ALWAYS LOOKED FORWARD TO RACING THERE WITH TPS ....GLAD MY SON MADE SOME LAPS THERE ... WE KNOW IT HAS BEEN AN UPHILL BATTLE JUST TO KEEP IT OPEN .NO ONE WILL EVER FAULT MARY ANN AND H ..AND ALL WILL BE MISSED ...

As most of you know, I never post. Just let it be known Mary Ann is not ok. New lease was not even reasonable. It was still 60,000 per year added 500 per camper including ours, 300 to them for any cars testing share cost to work on track 500 a month for Ryan to live up stairs plus more and she was paying more than of 80% of all and I said all of the electric bills. Could go on but a very sad and hurt day and I am sure the track will be open just not with Mary Ann. On the electric their building was on their own meter would not want to be wrong. It is going to be a long hard night. H E Naumann

Archived