JR out following concussion

T3Motorsports

Earrhardt Jr. will not race at Charlotte or Kansas: Dale Earnhardt Jr. will not compete in the upcoming NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events at Charlotte Motor Speedway and Kansas Speedway after being diagnosed with a concussion following the Oct. 7 race at Talladega. Earnhardt, driver of the #88 Chevrolets for Hendrick Motorsports, was diagnosed Wednesday afternoon in Charlotte. Regan Smith will be the team's substitute driver at Charlotte and Kansas.(Hendrick Motorsports), reports have A.J, Allmendinger in the #51 Phoenix Racing Chevy at Charlotte, Smith was scheduled to drive.(10-11-2012)

that sucks. his chance of winning the cup ended after last weekend anyway. he should just sit out the remainder of the season and get healthy for next season. they say once u get a concussion, u are prone to getting them more often afterwards. could be a good thing or a bad thing for smith though. good cause it will show his talent in good equipment, but bad because aj will be in the 51 and he could end up stealing that ride from smith if he finishes well enough.

He actually has a history of them. He had a few one season back at DEI. Remember hearing back then if he had more problems he might have to retire early, but he has been doing fine since. May explain why his interviews are so bad. Didn't really look like much of a hit last Sunday though.

Concussion....hmmmmmmm...

Oddly right after chastising NA$CAR/Talledega/restrictor plate racing.....interesting....

Being the conspiracy theorist that I am....How about NA$CAR didn't like their most popular driver throwing them under the bus.....They couldn't just "park" him without their website/twitter/cell phones all blowing up....So they picked the next best thing....Say he has a concussion to sit out his two week suspension.....Sounds more ligitimate to me....lol

Reb, come on really. NASCAR covering up a suspension of JR for his vocal opinion of plate racing? And they don't do a thing about (the on probation )Kurt Busch after he just about run over half of the safety crew. In the name of "competitive nature" for his lame excuse just like any other thing that comes out of his mouth.

I'm still for a conspiracy for making NASCAR change their rules for racing at Taladega and Daytona. NASCAR's most popular driver not being able to race for at least two weeks after Earnhardt says he has a concussion? With Earnhardt not being there I'm sure fans will stick by his side to make NASCAR change their rules. You know how those crazy Earnhardt fans are. They won't be able to stand and act like fools if he were to take the lead. Mind you I said if he were to take the lead.

I'm still for a conspiracy for making NASCAR change their rules for racing at Taladega and Daytona. NASCAR's most popular driver not being able to race for at least two weeks after Earnhardt says he has a concussion? With Earnhardt not being there I'm sure fans will stick by his side to make NASCAR change their rules. You know how those crazy Earnhardt fans are. They won't be able to stand and act like fools if he were to take the lead. Mind you I said if he were to take the lead.

I am not a Jr. fan, nor am I a Jr. hater. But I will say this, I dont believe it's a suspension thing or concussion thing. To me his body language lately just looks like his heart just isn't in it anymore. Seems like he's tired and discouraged with the sport. It wouldn't surprise me if it was his decision to sit out. I see him as more of just an owner in the near future. Jmo.

Mikey

If he doesn't it wouldn't bother me any. I am not an Earnhardt hater. Just a hater of most of his fans. They only went with him because of his dad. He didn't earn it on his own. I was not a fan of his dad either. I didn't like his aggressive driving.

If he doesn't it wouldn't bother me any. I am not an Earnhardt hater. Just a hater of most of his fans. They only went with him because of his dad. He didn't earn it on his own. I was not a fan of his dad either. I didn't like his aggressive driving.

Whoa dude.

We fully entirely and unequivocally agree on something. Mark this date on the calanders! lol

Whoa dude.

We fully entirely and unequivocally agree on something. Mark this date on the calanders! lol

Say it isn't so!!!

Archived