Race Schedule

Taz Racing

Yes, for Sunday there will be additional purse money for the Limiteds and Street Stocks, and an invite for all street stocks to come enjoy, make a weekend out of your racing between 2 tracks for good purse money.

Limited Late Models will be racing both nights, if we can get a good group will will pay good.

I will post purse additions later this week.

As for Hotels call the Travelodge Airport, 361-289-5666, request racers rate.

Owen

oh and it is just a neon no Texas thunder no TPS .Had a lot of work done to motor but a broke timing belt at 6 grand took care of the head and all the work that was done now has a head off a junk yard motor and what ever cam it had in it when will built it in 2006

Brians Neon is the type of car the sport compact class was designed for,the modern car.What it does have is a lot of track experience so it is ahead of most of the rest of us.By no means is it unbeatable nor is it the ultimate car.Not to belittle Brian but Will set the car up and most decient drivers could go fast in it just like Mike does with my old car in Pro Sedans.The Scirroco could easily outrun any car we race with now but it would not be what this class is about without a few downgrades.My Rabbit is not as fast as my Scirroco was but the Neon is not as fast as it was eather

I still think a well set up Nissan Altime can outrun all of us right now but most any of our cars also can be set up to win as well.The advantage of SC cars over frontrunners is we can make changes like different size tires to help suspension.For example if the Cavilier were to put good rubber and a few simple adjustments we would be chasing him.I know the power he has.

Dont get all over the 33 just because he is ahead of us in adjustments.We will catch up.Fear the new cars comming that have both the factory speed and an experienced team.We have a long way to go before we see the potential afforded us.Let the games begin.

Brians Neon is the type of car the sport compact class was designed for,the modern car.What it does have is a lot of track experience so it is ahead of most of the rest of us.By no means is it unbeatable nor is it the ultimate car.Not to belittle Brian but Will set the car up and most decient drivers could go fast in it just like Mike does with my old car in Pro Sedans.The Scirroco could easily outrun any car we race with now but it would not be what this class is about without a few downgrades.My Rabbit is not as fast as my Scirroco was but the Neon is not as fast as it was eather

I still think a well set up Nissan Altime can outrun all of us right now but most any of our cars also can be set up to win as well.The advantage of SC cars over frontrunners is we can make changes like different size tires to help suspension.For example if the Cavilier were to put good rubber and a few simple adjustments we would be chasing him.I know the power he has.

Dont get all over the 33 just because he is ahead of us in adjustments.We will catch up.Fear the new cars comming that have both the factory speed and an experienced team.We have a long way to go before we see the potential afforded us.Let the games begin.

HA HA HA I NOT ALL OVER HIM HA HA NO WORRIES

I know your not Charley,Ive had so much fun racing with you this year because our cars are so equal.Its your NO FEAR driving style that beats me every time.How many laps have we run inches apart all year and still no contact. (knock on wood).

The other track took away my competetion(fast Fords) then took away me then took away the entire class.I dont want anybody saying or doing anything to or about the 33 just because hes the rabbit the hounds are chasing.Stay tuned it going to get intresting.

For anybody that does not know us we are all friends but the racing is serious.But we all have great respect for each other and offer ant help to any of our competetors whenever needed.Great bunch.Every car is important.

Thanks racer88 for the thumbs up.Thats what we need most is a nod from the big car guys to overcome the terrible image 4 cyl stock cars have all over the country.The greatest help we could get is if some known V8 racers would race with us.Im talking about someone established in a more upper level class that for whatever reason is not racing at the moment.The economy has parked many good teams and It would be fantastic to have those teams join the sport compact class until they are ready to return to their series.Anybody with racing experience can get a car raceable in a weekend.

Our problem is image.Still many people think we are for children,beginners or otherwise not a racing endevor.When we become accepted by the big car guys as real racers so a person will not think its an embarresment to step into a SC car after running an upper level car we can recrute more idle racers.

This class has lots to offer.Great place for new drivers,old drivers,well funded or little funded teams,but mostly teams that dont have the time or place to work to make the commitment or resources needed to race a V8 car.Race on Sat nite,do other things the rest of the week.An a mechanics dream,the key to success is proper maintainence.These cars max out what the car can give so it must be as close to perfect running as possible.So most of the work is fixing the little things.

We welcome any V8 racer idle right now to step up to the SC division.Go to the impound auction,back yard,junk yard,neighbors backyard or whever,find a running car not necessarly a desireable street car and prep it for the oval.We will help you with any info needed.

Final note.I know there are many racers past their prime,(old) who quit because they dont feel competetive anymore.Well this class was made for you too.We have probably the greatest age difference than any class.From 12 to 62 right now.Can a man over 60 yo still win races? If I didnt think so I would quit.Who wants to race just to place?Winning is the game and age is experience and patience.SC cars require thinking.Spend some of your social security having fun. One of the few sports where age doesnt matter.Neither does gender.Its all about challangeing,affordable Fun.Plus a track that wants them.

Labor Day will be a great show for all classes and as a fan too its worth the drive even just to watch.Definately not a one groove track with follow the leader.Its wide open with lots of 2 and sometimes 3 wide racing.Cant wait.

Archived