Texas Stockcar Championships

I don't understand the deal with SA cars worried about buying tires for one race. Here is CC we have to buy tires we have never even ran on. Maybe the SA cars can put on street tires and run with the CC bombers. It is going to cost alittle to race for CC , Klye or SA cars . BUT look at the purse !!If the Corpus cars go to SA or Kyle we have to buy tires among other changes so what come ran . When else do you get a chance to win $2000 ?

We need to look at this as a 3 race deal. I've never ran the 970 tire, but I know the F53 goes away pretty quick at CC. For the budget guys, I've heard the 970 lasts a whole lot longer than the F53. Not positive, just what I have been told. I think for the guys who are really serious about being competitive in each of these races, you are going to have to buy more than a set of tires regardless of what they use. Thunderhill uses the 970 as well, don't they. So it is either one track buy 970's (SA) or one track buy F53 (Kyle), but like they said, CC has to buy tires regardless. So, bottom line, from the people who have experience on Hoosiers, what would be better looking at it as a 3 race perspective?

Greg Carlucci Jr.

depending on the track the - f53 is faster (sa,atleast4 to 5 tenths-thunderhill, 3 to 4 tenths)...

the f 53 is definitely going to have faster lap times...but the 970 will make 2 if not all three of the races , barring flats or wrecks...the f53 will not have an advantage by the 2nd race on them, and the right sides probably won't see the end of the race...

i never thought of it like that- you cc guys have a choice.....

we are going to go by the rules.if they make a 4 tire total 3 race deal . then give me the 970 they dont get good untill about mid way through the tread wear. where as the f53 performance are gone by then.we run street tires at this track. so for 2000.00 so getrdone. hope to see all of you here at ccms. you will have fun!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya i run tams during the year.so iv got all kinds of f53's

here is the key guys, these aren't 25 lap mains , I think we are looking at 60, 75, 75 laps on these events.

I've run them both, the F53 may be faster, the 970 will last but I ran over something the other nite and got 7 laps out of a 970 so who knows ?? This my friends will be survival races, I look forward to seeing all my buddies from SAS and THR and hopefully meeting a bunch of good folks from CC.

I think we should all enjoy the spotlight we are FINALLY getting and prove to all the fans (who may not, or refuse to accept) that our class(es) truly are the backbone of Saturday night short tarck racing !!

Rodney #22

so if you stay by cc rules you get to run the 970???i'm sorry i don't know what the rules are for you guys....

if that's the case , run the 970,it'll last longer...you're lap times from the 1st to 2nd race you should'nt loose more than a tenth(due to tires)...you can honestley make the 3 races on 6 970's , and be competitive each race....the changes you can make allow you a choice(i guess we all get a choice then) it will either all equal out . or some hot ass car from sa that puts new f53's on every race will make us all look like fools...

or some hot ass car from sa that puts new f53's on every race will make us all look like fools...

Whoa,

Lets look at the differences in the drivelines and weights between the cars before y'all get to far out in left field.

SAS Sportman - CCMS SS - THR SS

Carb SAS - Holley 7448 350 cfm - CCMS & THR - 4412 500 cfm

Intake SAS - Edelbrock 2101 - CCMS & THR - any cast iron except marine

Heads SAS - 68 cc - CCMS -no rules - THR- 62 cc

Flywheel SAS - 15# - CCMS - no rules - THR - 15#

Pressure plate SAS - 13# - CCMS & THR - no rules

Rear End SAS - "open" - CCMS - locked - THR- "open"

Weight SAS - 3400# pre race - CCMS - 3200# post - THR - 3300# post race

SAS Cars also have a total lift rule .500 .333 cam rule

There are a lot of differences between these cars that even 4 new stickers will not give an advantage.

Mike Sepich

Lets look at the differences in the drivelines and weights between the cars before y'all get to far out in left field.

i know what the sportsman rules or mike , it was a comment towards the f 53 being faster....

(sa guys/sa rules/=f53)...scroll up in my post where i said it should all equal out...

Archived