IMCA MODS - 1st vs 2nd

NeilTPS

IMCA 1st vs 2nd Friday at I-37 Speedway

Pleasanton, Texas

I-37 Speedway Track General Manager Frank Torres has released the following major announcement :

“I-37 Speedway is pleased to announce that the current IMCA Modified National Points leader David Murray Jr. will race at I-37 Speedway this Friday night, September 3”.

In making the announcement, Torres said, “I understand from the David Murray office in Kansas, that his primary reason for coming to I-37 Speedway is to race, head-to-head against second nationally ranked IMCA Modified driver, Henry Witt of Waco, Texas. Both professional drivers are seriously contesting for the IMCA Modified National Championship in 2004. As the season nears its end, accumulating national points becomes essential to these two point leaders”.

On September 3, I-37 Speedway track gates will open at 4:00pm. The racing program will start at 8:30 pm.

Racing fans from San Antonio, Corpus Christi and other South Texas areas should take exit # 104 (Leal Road) proceed south on the east frontage road and follow the signs to I-37 Speedway. Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on http://www.i-37speedway.com or call I-37 Speedway office toll free 800/377-1303 or at 210/532-5421 or General Manager Frank Torres at 210/367-6261

I-37 Speedway Admission Prices (no increase): Adult Grandstand - $ 10

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25

On September 3, Children ages 12 and under – FREE

Wow!

Don't know when you will EVER see something like this again.

The two drivers One and Two in points this late in the year, racing a weekly show, head to head.

I can't wait!

Don't count out some of the other regulars in the IMCA Mods, guys like Elias Anderson, Lawrence Mike-len-check (It's how I write it on the cards), both Witeakers, which ever Egberts show up, Nicky Hardcastle and a bunch of others.

I wonder if this will birng even more of the Texas Big Guns to I-37? Maybe they want to see how they stack up to Murray. After all, he is the defending National Champion.

Holy Smokes! Is it Friday yet?

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Jason Posted on Sep 2 2004, 10:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thats pretty cool. Too bad I have to open Sat morning."

Jason: The race involving the IMCA National points leader - David Murray Jr vs the IMCA, 2nd ranked driver in National points - Henry Witt vs most of the best IMCA Modified drivers in Texas

is taking place at I-37 Speedway ON FRIDAY NIGHT at 8:30pm.

You should be able to return home in plenty of time to get some sleep and "open Sat morning".

Since you are the owner of TexasSpeedZone.com -

I am placing your name on the media credentials list at the I-37 Speedway pit gate.

Saturday, I am also placing your name on the TPS media credentials list at the CCMS pit gate.

Hope to meet you at CCMS. Thanks for providing TSZ to the racing public.

Neil Upchurch

I-37 Press Department

I am considering it. Them farmers dont scare me. I will have TX Trouble as a body guard. lol jk I might actually show up. Thinking about it. But also thinking about gas prices and the fact I have to be at work bright and early. Then I have to be ready to leave work and go to CCMS. lol GIT-R-DONE!

I-37 Speedway Track General Manager Frank Torres has released the following major announcement :

“I-37 Speedway is pleased to announce that the current IMCA Modified National Points leader David Murray Jr. will race at I-37 Speedway this Friday night, September 3”.

In view of the new and improved anti-bashing policy, I'll just edit myself. With all the expletives removed, all I can say is; Jason, you were the only smart one. You didn't spend any money on gas or tickets for the much anticipated Murray (no show)/ Witt duel.

hray,

Can I ask you a question?

How is this I-37's fault?

The Murray's contacted I-37. He said he was going to be there.

It appears that he didn't live up to what he said he was going to do. How is that I-37's fault?

I was just as disappointed as anyone else, but to call the night a waste of gas and ticket money is being disingenuous. We had 26 mods signed in and it was an awesome race. And the LLM race between Howie Marx in the 13 and Chris Swenson in the 48 was as good as any race is going to get.

Jimmy Phillips and Lawrence Mikulencak put on a great side by side race until Mikulencak broke.

Again, I understand being disappointed by Murray's no show, but I don't see how you can be disappointed in the races that were ran. The track was smooth and fast, the mods were flying out there, with two grooves to take advantage of.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Guest The_Greek

ill 2nd that Sarge, last night featured some great dirt racing, i was also a little disappointed that Murray didnt show, but with or without him it was definetly worth being there. i was extremely pleased with the track conditions last night vs a couple of weeks ago (sunday) when it was dusty as hell. it was cool to meet the hardest working announcer in Texas and may i add he has some good taste in music also, i will definetly be back.

hray,

How is this I-37's fault?

Sarge,

From reading my post and without bringing any of your preconceived assumptions in to the discussion, why would you think I blame this on I-37?

You guys are way too thin skinned.

hray,

I am sorry if I mis read your post. But it sounded to me like you thought going to I-37 Friday night was a waste of time, money and gas.

If I am wrong, then I apologize. But that what it sounded like to me.

We all were disappointed in the Murray deal.

But the mod race was still awesome! With or without Murray, or even Witt, it was a great race.

The Greek,

Good meeting you also. Maybe next time we will have more time to talk.

Thanks for the kind words.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived