Winning purses at THR 10/2/04 A-Line Auto Parts

Sept. 1, 2004

Winning purses for A-Line Auto Parts Race Night announced

Thunder Hill Raceway will run two offseason races – the 8th Annual Texas Stock Car Spectacular (Sept. 25) and the A-Line Auto Parts Night at the Races (Oct. 2).

Today, Brian Callaway (Owner/GM) announced the purses for the Enduro and Street Stock races for the Oct. 2 A-Line Auto Parts Night at the Races.

Callaway said the Enduro race will pay the following: $1,500 to win if the Enduro race has 50 or more cars; $1,000 to win if there are between 30-50 cars in the Enduro race field; and, $750 to win if the field has 29 cars or less. The announcement for the rest of the field will be made at a later date.

For the Street Stock race, Callaway announced the following: $750 to win, $500 for second and $400 for third if there are 20 or more cars in the race. For 19 cars or less, the purse will be $500 to win, $400 for second and $300 for third. Just as with the Enduro race, the announcement for the rest of the field will be made at a later date.

“We appreciate Kurt Filbert and the folks at A-Line Auto Parts for stepping up to make this night possible,” Callaway said. “We’re also looking to make a couple of more announcements concerning the events of Oct. 2; once (THR Marketing/Media Director) Chuck Licata and the rest of the staff firm things up, we’ll do that.”

Thunder Hill Raceway is a 3/8-mile asphalt oval track located at exit 210 (Yarrington Road) off IH-35 in Kyle. The racing season at THR is March through October. The track is just 10 minutes north of San Marcos and 15 minutes south of Austin. Interested parties can check out the track’s new web site (www.thunderhillraceway.com) or can call the track at (512) 262.1352.

Yeah, I don't know if $750 is a high enough payout to draw the cars from CC up to Kyle. That's a long way to go for not much more than a regular night, especially if you don't get that amount of cars. Then it is like a regular high car count payout night for CCMS. :blink: I hope you get the high car count!!

Kathy,

You have been around for sometime.. do you happen to know the most streets we have ever put on the track?

And as far as $750 to win... that is pretty good.. considering they normally get $350

You never know that number still could go up... The THR marketing staff is running full bore on post season events right now..

well, you are gonna have to have good tires and a full tank of of juice.....

you are running 2 1/2 saturday features in one race and if you dont get 20 people......$500.....4 tires and fuel dont get there.....

I wont have a motor this year it looks like, but i will be watching...good luck!

The Marvinator

For the record... THR's Race is 10/2 and Corpus's is 10/29 & 30 So everyone can run both races if they so choose....

I am just loving how in a round about way Jason is putting down THR for its efforts.... We are lucky to have the 10/2 date, and if it wasn't for THR's A-line Auto parts sponsor WE wouldn't......

Can't we all work together...

Ohh and i hope THR SS's don't have to go to CC and run "STREET TIRES".. They are not set up to run on those..

Arron,

I don't think there was any confusion about the dates. If you add it up it doesn't make sense for someone to pull a car from Corpus to Kyle for $750.

Tires (at least 2) $225.00

Race gas $ 40.00

Gas for hauler $ 80.00

Motel room $ 60.00

Pit Passes $100.00

Muffler $140.00

-----------------------------------

Chance to out run 20 cars at their home track.........................Priceless

Seriously, if these guys only buy two tires they would have to win to break even.

Ohh and i hope THR SS's don't have to go to CC and run "STREET TIRES".. They are not set up to run on those..

i would'nt worry about that - i thought i understood WE could run or 970s and if we are told TO run street tires they can give the money to a local because they won't have many thr cars...

why do call em RACEcars when you put STREET tires ON THEM?????

Sorry that it seems I am putting THR down. Did not really mean to have it look like that. I am just saying that $750 is not enough to pull in a lot of cars from CCMS and other areas. I expected like 2k to win considering they announced this race 2 months ago. I hope it is a success. Good thing Street Stocks will be running same tire at all 3 races. I know there will be a lot of enduro cars being built. Will be good for grand stock class next season if these cars will be allowed to race with little changes.

Nick, would it be possible, for one night, to say that half the pit entry fee goes to the purse? If you have 200(?) people (drivers & crew & some guests) enter the pits @ $25, that would bump the purse by $2500. Just a thought. I'm not sure where the pit fees normally go, but the $2500 added to the purse would probably be well worth it.

Nick, would it be possible, for one night, to say that half the pit entry fee goes to the purse? If you have 200(?) people (drivers & crew & some guests) enter the pits @ $25, that would bump the purse by $2500. Just a thought. I'm not sure where the pit fees normally go, but the $2500 added to the purse would probably be well worth it.

THR purses, payouts, entry fees, etc. are not in my control. But I am sure that the track owners, Brian Callaway and Jim Lynch read TSZ frequently and are usually very responsive to suggestions and good ideas.

Nick Holt

Here is what I came up with on the entry fees.

Entry fees:

THR- none

CCM- looks like if you register a SS car before 10/16 the registration fee is $75, after 10/16 it is $105

I bet, if all the SS cars want to pay a $75 to $100 entry fee, THR would be willing to raise the purse.

Is there anybody out there that knows what the CCM race is going to pay from 2nd on back?

MC

Archived