Great Night of Racing at CCMS

speedy

no sly radios are good they have kept are car out of trouble plenty since we have got them. the driver dont talk to us unless under caution. during the race its just us talkin to him to let him know when some slow car is coming up. but sometimes they dont pay off cause you have the mirrior drivers. not much you can do for that unless you wanna go to the back if you know what i meen lol LUCHIN TIME lol

crew,

I'm sure they have saved the car....been several times I wished I had had one; however, I have to agree with poorboy, you remove mirrors, you gotta remove the radios...surely you have used the radio to let EJ know who's coming up or behind him and not just for wrecks... ;)

the no mirror rule is a good rule, and the radios should go out too...........the radio is basically like a transmitter for an r/c car............the spotter says go left the car goes left, the spotter says go right the car goes right.............have heard of spotters telling the driver when to get out of the gas and into the gas into the corner.............might as well just drive the car himself...........jmo

Well I think all drivers should have to drive from the seat of there car and Owen has made it very clear that telling a driver where to go on the track is not aloud. No help for anyone. You are only aloud to tell the driver how many laps and if the car has damage ect....

There are only a few cars in each class with radio's and if the rest can drive just fine without a radio then I do not see anyone needing them. If you learn to drive past the hood of your car you can see wrecks before you drive into them and have a plan of how to miss them. That takes skill and that is what it is about.

You are excactly right Rebel, it is like a remote control you see the person in the stands with the radio lips move then the driver goes up or down and blocks other drivers. Just not right.

But this is JMO.

Don't take it wrong crewchief I am not bashing you nor do I care but this is not Nascar and cars do get tore up and it is all a part of learing. I just do not agree with radios and could do with out mirrors as well. We chear for your cars and EJ and Bobby are good drivers and like I have said before it is nice to see them get to the front but they need to do so like the rest of the drivers and learn to avoid things on the track from the seat of the car. I do not know of to many other Thunders haveing radios, there are only a couple bombers and a few SS. But once again JMO. Sorry if I offended anyone.

no offense takin. i like to have the radios cause it helps.i dont look at as a cheating device i look at it as saftey really. you have no idea how many wrecks we have missed cause we have them. i dont know about you people but are first half of the season just plain out sucked. we got into so many wrecks and then during the week going to work all day then going and rebuilding front ends and change ball joints and setting the damn TOE lol i hate that crap. the toe is such a pain in the butt. dont get me wrong i can see how some would see as cheating or whatever but if everyone out there could have a radio i promise youi they would have one.

Oh I do understand Crewchief lol. We have done that as well but the more seat my husband got the better he is at avoiding the accidents. We have radio's but will not use them. Just don't want the hassle of people thinking we are cheating, heck, sometimes we forget to put the mirror back in the cars after running at the dirt track lol. The only way Corey will use a radio is if I have a CD playing for him lol.

Oh well.

Is it raining as hard in CC as it is here? Dang may need a boat to get to work tomorrow lol.

racing 4 fun that is so true, too many of the drivers only see what is at their hood, not too many of them look ahead into the corners when they are racing and only see the wreck when they are right on top of it...........by then it is too late and you have already tore up the car...........if the driver would just look into the corner while on the straightaway and then look to the straight while in the corners they will be able to adjust their line before driving into the wreck thus saving tore up cars and maybe even injuries.............jmo

I heard theres an old man racing a Yugo that does pretty good without a radio and avoids most wrecks anyway.I dont know if he mirror drives.I would think he cant see that well to be efficitive with a mirror.I have heard spotters tell the driver where to block a faster car too.IMCA modifieds do not allow radios for just that reason and CC Speedway is too small to have track pigs.That only leads to damaged cars.I believe in giving a competetor room to race and then outrun him or follow him.Someone once said LEAD,FOLLOW,OR GET OUT OF THE WAY! I think it was Dale Earnhart Sr. :)

You guys are not even thinking straight. Radios are part of the sport just like any other part you buy, to make your car go faster. The problem is most of you are to damn cheap to go buy them. Don't give me this B.S. about driving from the seat and all that hog wash. Nascar and every other ASPHALT track I know and have been to allow them. Some people should think before they speak.

Well Jason you could use them to avoid wrecks but if you are a good enough driver you can avoid them by yourself. Some wrecks are just unavoidable, radio or not. If you are behind some one and they lose there motor and there dump oil all over the track nothing you nor anyone on the other end can do for ya.

I am sorry rx I just see no need for them. There is a few in our class that use them and they do block with them, heard it for myself. Owen even made a call at the start of the season agenst one driver because he could see he was radio driving. Many drivers have been driving for years at CC with no radios and do just fine. Has nothing to do with being Cheap. We have them, the only time we may use them would be at SAS but doubt that too. Have not used them the last 2 times at SAS. Yes it is part of the sport if you run NASCAR but CC is a long way from that. I can see a car going well over 100 m.p.h using radios and would it would be crazy not to going that fast but not when you are moving at the speed we do at CC. Not to say that maybe the TAMS, ROMCO or other classes dont need them. JMO

Archived