Attention!

DunnRacing99

Can we get a head count on who would possibly show up for a bicycle race at SAS? I know they ran a 20 lapper on a Romco night back in the day. It was a crowd favorite and seemed to be a great success. Very competitive race (except for the one rather large gentlemen), the last lap had the crowd on their feet. Who would show? Need to get a head count of atleast 20. Rules wise I am thinking 18 speeds only, no Huffys.

This might give all the guys who have cars that do not fall within the rules of the classes running to still turn some laps on the ol' gal one last time. I know Wal-Mart has a deal on some nice 18-speed handle-shifters right now, just under $150.

On a side note, for all of you racers who are currently not racing due to the cost of safety equipment (HANS, etc.), THIS IS YOUR CLASS. Safety equipment will be optional, knee pads are recommended.

Can we get a head count on who would possibly show up for a bicycle race at SAS? I know they ran a 20 lapper on a Romco night back in the day. It was a crowd favorite and seemed to be a great success. Very competitive race (except for the one rather large gentlemen), the last lap had the crowd on their feet. Who would show? Need to get a head count of atleast 20. Rules wise I am thinking 18 speeds only, no Huffys.

This might give all the guys who have cars that do not fall within the rules of the classes running to still turn some laps on the ol' gal one last time. I know Wal-Mart has a deal on some nice 18-speed handle-shifters right now, just under $150.

On a side note, for all of you racers who are currently not racing due to the cost of safety equipment (HANS, etc.), THIS IS YOUR CLASS. Safety equipment will be optional, knee pads are recommended.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should have so many classes race on 10/18 that the racing never ends. Maybe every class that ever raced at SAS. The racing could just go on and on and on and on......... and SAS could just stay open forever. Fans could come and go whenever they want, because there would always be racing going on 24/7. :lol:B)<_<

Thats a great idea hray.

The bicycle race at the TROC races at TWS used to be a big deal back in the day. Would be cool if we could establish something like what they had back then. Maybe some of the "older" fellas on this board can enlighten us on the old TROC bike races.

I was there for the bike race at SAS. I couldn't believe 20 laps could take so long and be so boring. Someone posted above that the last lap was the only exciting lap. I think I must have been asleep by then, because I can't remember the last lap. :huh:

Fans don't go to an auto race to watch bike races. Do you really think that a car racer that doesn't have a car will decide to race a bike just so they can race on that track again? I don't think so.

That's the one I was waiting for... Lmao

Fans don't go to an auto race to watch bike races. Do you really think that a car racer that doesn't have a car will decide to race a bike just so they can race on that track again? I don't think so.

Heresy! I thought people would go to SAS just to breathe the special air.

At least once......

Archived