Texas Stock Car Championships

Double A I can tell you right now both 21 and 73 aren"t stroker motors. The 21 car use to have one but we blew it in practice now alls we have is a long rod motor with the same head. I know 73 isnt cause when he broke his cam i went through that motor and it is the same thing we have just different rods. I know the 21 car cause i put it together and there really isnt much good besides the head and rods. stock 2300 crank with manley rods and wiesco pistons. 73 car same stuff just a crower rod and a non roller head.Those cars runn so good cause i make sure every day of the week that there is nothin wrong with them. And running slicks will make a bit of diff. on the et times.Not tryin to talk crap just letting al these people know that theres no strokers in the car. But whos to say about next year maybe a 2850cc will do good. lol

Racer822002,

I thought it might be cool to have a 4 cyl. championship at the same time as the Texas Stock Car Championships at CC Motor Speedway. The Texas Thunder @ CC, Texas Pro Sedans, and the Allisons are the top 3,4cyl. cars on asphalt in Texas. The TPS have been in existance for around 30 years. Heck, they were around before a lot of these racers were even born yet. I kinda understand not wanting to compete against the Allisons, but you CC guys need to look hard at throwing in with the TPS cars on Sept. 4th. You might be pleasently surprised how well you would do.

I myself like the idea of competing with a large field of cars.

You guys in CC have a real good thing going on with the Texas Thunders. Ya'll have a good turnout of cars. The promoters really appreciate the increased car count. Keep up the good work. A large field of cars (like 30 or so) would definitely warrant a larger purse. Think about it.

Mel

"Clash Of The Mini Titans"----> Thunder-Legacy-Sedans

I watched ya'll the 14th, all you guys are quick. I think ya'll would whoop us good. I think if ya'll and TPS got together it would make for one heck of a show. Imagine the fans going crazy over 30 plus cars taking the green flag...I can.

Tom H.

#14 Allison Legacy

• 2 weeks later...
:D I know the 4 cyl cars are not invited to the championship races to be held on Oct 29-30 because there are still people who think 4 cyl cars are not "real" race cars.They are the ones who have never raced one.There is ,however , a track who is hosting the biggest purse for 4 cyl cars in Texas U have ever seen.3,000 to win,2,000 for second,1,000 for 3rd,300$ to start.I have run these open competition races and anyone with a good car and healthy grapefruits can possibly win.This is the weekend we are not invited to CC Speedway.I am sure there will be cars from 4 or 5 states.I ran a race in Waco like this and finished 4th.I can help anybody with what changes are needed to run dirt.It doesnt take much.The info is at gatormotorplex.com.This is not a race for "girly men" or sissy boys.I plan to win this one.............THUMPER

:D I am happy to hear I was wrong about Thunder Cars being left out at the Big Show in Oct.These guys work very hard all year and deserve to be included even on a local level.I wish CC Manadement would post something on the website even if the purse is unknown.I know many people felt left out including myself.I have always supported 4 cyl racing wherever there was an oppourtunity and I think the Texas Thunder Cars at CC Speedway are as good a class as there is.Three cheers for CC Speedway for including Thunder Cars. THUMPER

• 2 weeks later...

To the person who thought that the 21 and 73 cars are "illegal", 21 EJ Gilpin ran the last race here with the Pro Sedans. He finished second and was pushing Donny Moore around the turns and could get under him. He fell in behind Moore in the turns who used the old brake checks in the middle of the turn. The point being, the 21 car was there and gave Moore a run for his money. His car always passes tech after the TT class, so I don't he is cheating in any way and if he is, the whole group that runs up front for that class is "illegal". Great Job EJ and congrats on pretty much locking up the track championships with your latest legal win this past Saturday.

Archived