SAS website

Mark39

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all these Late Models how come there's no big(or small) races at THR. HMP, CCS. RRS or Altus???????

$$$$$$$

Those cars dont run on wishes. Trying to field a 20K dollar car fir a 500 buck to win, 150 for second race is a no win even for the winner.

With all these Late Models how come there's no big(or small) races at THR. HMP, CCS. RRS or Altus???????

$$$$$$$

Those cars dont run on wishes. Trying to field a 20K dollar car fir a 500 buck to win, 150 for second race is a no win even for the winner.

Why would anyone believe they are going to run for more? For that matter, why would anyone build or dump money into a car to make raceable again without all information being given/verified?

I'm sure some will call me all kinds of bad names for my opinion but from my point of view I have a clear view, not being clouded by emotion, because I have no emotional attachment to the track. Re-read some of the posts and you will see what I am talking about.

No one has talked about building anything, and no purses for this "race" have even been brought up. Everything being posted is all stuff happening now or in the past. These are cars that already exist and would come out for a big money race, not saying it's a big money race, but if it was they would show. Alot of the racers i've talked to (not dirt) would show just to have a opportunity to race at San Antonio Speedway just one more time.

Don't forget there are still races at ThunderHill this weekend, the higher the car count the greater the purse.

No one has talked about building anything, and no purses for this "race" have even been brought up. Everything being posted is all stuff happening now or in the past. These are cars that already exist and would come out for a big money race, not saying it's a big money race, but if it was they would show. Alot of the racers i've talked to (not dirt) would show just to have a opportunity to race at San Antonio Speedway just one more time.

Don't forget there are still races at ThunderHill this weekend, the higher the car count the greater the purse.

My point is where does the dream end and reality begin?

Without hopes and dreams you have nothing. Wasn't this country built on hopes and dreams? ;)

With reality in mind ;)

Comparing a new nation to a closed track isn't exactly a fair comparison either.

$$$$$$$

Why would anyone believe they are going to run for more? For that matter, why would anyone build or dump money into a car to make raceable again without all information being given/verified?

FWIW, most of the cars listed existed before the economy tanked as well as SAS was open, tires were cheaper, purses were higher, fuel was cheaper and disposable income was better. So, please don't change the focus of this conversation.

I have two TSRS/Nascar Lates that would participate in a SAS race if it happens and these cars were invited.

Todd

SOME ARE TALKING ABOUT PURSE ...I WOULD NOT CARE ABOUT IT .JUST WANT TO HAVE A RACE THERE AGAIN ..IN FACT WE HAVE PULLED TWO CARS FROM CC TO RACE WITH T.P.S MANY OF TIME ....AND PURSE WAS NEVER A THOUGHT .WINNING WAS OUR DREAM .AND IN REALITY .WE WON IN 06.....HECK I DONT EVEN REMEMBER WHAT IT PAID ....BUT THAT WIN IS STILL WITH US TODAY ...WOULD LIKE ANOTHER ONE .....

For Old Time Sake maybe Marc Roy can dust off his camera and take some more cool pics. And wouldnt it be cool if Texas Terry made an appearance or even raced? Im just flashing back in my head. Lets just hope for a race to take place on the Ol Girl at least one more time. We really cant ask for more than that.

For Old Time Sake maybe Marc Roy can dust off his camera and take some more cool pics. And wouldnt it be cool if Texas Terry made an appearance or even raced? Im just flashing back in my head. Lets just hope for a race to take place on the Ol Girl at least one more time. We really cant ask for more than that.

TEXAS TERRY HUH.. A DREAM WITH NO REALITY .......JK . WOULD BE NICE... SLICK AS WELL DONT FORGET HIM..

Jamie if you are so sceptical, why do you find interest in coming on this forum contradicting everyone? Just a question!

Someone else has even said it earlier, but it seems like clock work that every year the subject gets brought up; for that reason alone I could be skeptical.

Like I said, I have no emotional connection to the track because I was never able to attend. Because of this my thoughts aren't clouded with shattered dreams or what nots due to the closing.

My other point is there are several tracks, dirt or asphalt, that ARE operating NOW that don't seem to get as much support as a closed track and that baffles me. I'm not trying rain on anyone's parade by my posts here. I just wish that our currently operating tracks would get as much support as this one would.

There are 68 Pro Late models in Texas
Why aren't the out now supporting said tracks; at least I don't see them in any of the results.

I'm all for debating and being civil about it; but here I am not trying to debate but bring to lights some issues that I see as a fan of the sport.

I'm not trying to change the focus. As I understand what I am reading, the focus is supporting a track that isn't even open with possibilities of this or possibilities of that and that baffles me.

I'm not trying to change the focus. As I understand what I am reading, the focus is supporting a track that isn't even open with possibilities of this or possibilities of that and that baffles me.

No one is going to accuse anyone here that makes money off of one track of talking down another...yet. If you don’t have any connection to the track and don’t want to see it re-opened that’s fine but to feign objectiveness seems disingenuous at best.

This season I have spent my money at I-37, Thunderhill (where I haven’t even gotten to attend races yet) and Killen (the same) but as a sponsor it makes much more sense for me to spend my money closer to home. If SAS re-opening makes me spend more money due to a higher potential to impact my market doesn’t that equal a net positive for racing in this area? We are all in this together and 4 races a year at SAS isn’t going to have any effect on I-37 (your chosen home track), THR or any other track other then putting more butts in the seats and cars on that track. There is no way not having a track within an hour drive of downtown of the 7th largest city in the country helps racing in the area. Beyond that some of us here are ONLY interested in racing because of SAS and wouldn’t be dumping a single penny into any tracks around here if it weren’t for growing up there. Excuse me; now I’m going to go help get a Thunder Stock ready for THR this weekend even though NONE of my customers live within an hour of that track!

Since you never went there, you will continue to be baffled. It's nostalgia. Many of us were there when we were kids. I'm sure the nostalgia would wear off, but until that time comes, a lot of people want a piece of the past. It may be one of those you didn't know what you had until it was gone things too. I would race there again for sure. But, if they don't pay well, and the cost is prohibitive, then the nostalgia will wear off quickly. Currently, my car IS running on wishes.

No one is going to accuse anyone here that makes money off of one track of talking down another...yet. If you don’t have any connection to the track and don’t want to see it re-opened that’s fine but to feign objectiveness seems disingenuous at best.

This season I have spent my money at I-37, Thunderhill (where I haven’t even gotten to attend races yet) and Killen (the same) but as a sponsor it makes much more sense for me to spend my money closer to home. If SAS re-opening makes me spend more money due to a higher potential to impact my market doesn’t that equal a net positive for racing in this area? We are all in this together and 4 races a year at SAS isn’t going to have any effect on I-37 (your chosen home track), THR or any other track other then putting more butts in the seats and cars on that track. There is no way not having a track within an hour drive of downtown of the 7th largest city in the country helps racing in the area. Beyond that some of us here are ONLY interested in racing because of SAS and wouldn’t be dumping a single penny into any tracks around here if it weren’t for growing up there. Excuse me; now I’m going to go help get a Thunder Stock ready for THR this weekend even though NONE of my customers live within an hour of that track!

I have never said that I don't want to see the track opened permanently or just for one weekend; accusing me of such would be niave. I want just as much as any true racer or fan for there to be the problem of "which track should I go watch/race this weekend."

Questioning my objectiveness is flawed as I stand to gain absolutely nothing and lose everything by coming on here and bashing anyone, any track, any series or this board.

Since you never went there, you will continue to be baffled. It's nostalgia. Many of us were there when we were kids. I'm sure the nostalgia would wear off, but until that time comes, a lot of people want a piece of the past. It may be one of those you didn't know what you had until it was gone things too. I would race there again for sure. But, if they don't pay well, and the cost is prohibitive, then the nostalgia will wear off quickly. Currently, my car IS running on wishes.

That is understandable and respectful; not that any other post hasn't been.

I have never said that I don't want to see the track opened permanently or just for one weekend; accusing me of such would be niave. I want just as much as any true racer or fan for there to be the problem of "which track should I go watch/race this weekend."

Questioning my objectiveness is flawed as I stand to gain absolutely nothing and lose everything by coming on here and bashing anyone, any track, any series or this board.

Well hell, sounds like we all want the same thing then, good to hear!

Archived