SAS website

Mark39

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just do the MRN thing....

"...and they're 3 wide at the line....gowing toward Nick Holt in turn 1"

IS THAT WITH NICK STANDING UP IN TURN ONE .....That would confuse Nick....He would have to decide which of the three to choose from ....Duck..Run .Jump...it would come down to to late ..

By the way Nick, I hope you had a great 39th birthday a couple weeks ago.

Dang Chip,

Sorry to see you getting dyslexic--getting Nick's birthday digits mixed up like that.....

And for those who would like to see Nick behind the Mic, remember that unfortunate incident the last time he announced, he got electrocuted; turned his hair white...

So, unless you can find a drool-proof Microphone.....................

Hi-tech, Hope you don't mind be using some of your.........'s there.

Dang Chip,

Sorry to see you getting dyslexic--getting Nick's birthday digits mixed up like that.....

And for those who would like to see Nick behind the Mic, remember that unfortunate incident the last time he announced, he got electrocuted; turned his hair white...

So, unless you can find a drool-proof Microphone.....................

Hi-tech, Hope you don't mind be using some of your.........'s there.

I knew it was just a matter of time, Tom. Let's see, that should be good for two or three headed your way when you least expect it. And forget the drug addict excuse, dude. You told us you quit all the poppin' pills stuff last week!

And don't be borrowing any of HiTech's ...............'s even though he apparently has an unlimited supply which apparently can be randomly substituted for apostrophes, hyphens and commas and who knows what else.

Nick

sorry if i said something offensive it just a memory thing for me. i been going to sas since i was 1 and the only person I know of that announced at SAS is mr.milton who i met my first night racing at i-37 he was very encouraging and joked with me and gave me some spotlight dor a couple laps made me feel proud. i like rodney rodriguez from thunderhill to.

i think this can help some of us on here. james 1:19

Here is a list of most of the Limited Late Models/Nascar Late Models/ TSRS Late Models also.

Alexander Racing (2 cars)

Robert Barker (2 cars)

Wild Child Motorsports (2 cars)

Mike Reininger

Bobby Teer Jr.

Taylor Brandes

Nick Cole

Austin Self (2 cars)

Cory Roper (2 cars)

Jason Stanley

Joe Aramendia

Brian Moczybemba

Heather Ables

John Hernandez

Larry Bendele

Todd Farris

Mark Ackerman

Kendall Bumbera

Cory Lovell

J.T. Schild

Mike Williams

Jason Hollander

Jesse Salazar

Mark Mathias

Logan Bearden

Craig Sellman

Here is a list of most of the Limited Late Models/Nascar Late Models/ TSRS Late Models also.

Robert Barker (2 cars)

Mike Reininger

Bobby Teer Jr.

Taylor Brandes

Nick Cole

Austin Self (2 cars)

Cory Roper (2 cars)

Jason Stanley

Joe Aramendia

Brian Moczybemba

Heather Ables

John Hernandez

Larry Bendele

Todd Farris

Mark Ackerman

Kendall Bumbera

Cory Lovell

J.T. Schild

Mike Williams

Jason Hollander

Jesse Salazar

Mark Mathias

Logan Bearden

Craig Sellman

YES...YES ...YES Late Models & Modifieds are a must But Lets not forget about those TRUCKS !!!! There a lot of them w/ great racing.....Can you imagine putting 4 brrl carbs on the trucks :o:rolleyes: and turning them loose on that half mile that would be awesome !!

Dang Chip,

Tom,

It is not that bad until SOMEBODY ................................. has to point it out. :lol: It is kind of like being vertically challenged......................................... easy to live with until everybody has to remind you. We don't forget from one day to the next so it does not have to be brought up over ..................................................... and over. ......................... Good luck with that drug issue. ;)

Robert Barker (2 cars)

Mike Reininger

Bobby Teer Jr.

Taylor Brandes

Nick Cole

Austin Self (2 cars)

Cory Roper (2 cars)

Jason Stanley

Joe Aramendia

Brian Moczybemba

Heather Ables

John Hernandez

Larry Bendele

Todd Farris

Mark Ackerman

Kendall Bumbera

Cory Lovell

J.T. Schild

Mike Williams

Jason Hollander

Jesse Salazar

Mark Mathias

Logan Bearden

Craig Sellman

YOU DONT HAVE THE HARRIS CARS IN THERE. OH AND IF YOU KNOW ANY ONE WHO HAS ONE WILL RENT IT FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

The Texas asphalt tracks have been blessed with some very, very good announcers over the years and the current crop are all outstanding.

Milton Hope was the voice of SAS for years and does a great job at I-37.

Rodney Rodriguez has developed a huge fan base and keeps folks highly entertained at both THR and HMP.

Bobby Chaffee is "Mr. Excitement" for sure and has a knack for pumping up a crowd.

Uncle Bob at HMP is the epitome of professionalism behind the mic at HMP.

Chuck Licata has announced both at SAS and HMP and did a great job at both.

And if your looking for "old school" announcers with booming voices and a rather formal delivery, Neil Upchurch and Russ Martin are tops.

Any one of these guys would do an outstanding job for OctoberFast 2012.

Nick

I THINK RODNEY WOULD BE PERFECT THE GUY KNOWS EVERYONE AND HE FAIR ABOUT PUTTING A PLUG IN FOR EACH AND EVERY DRIVER.

AND FOR THE FLAGMAN I THINK NATHAN LAVENDER THE GUY CAN THROW SOME FLAGS!!!!!! NOT JUST ONE CHECKER BUT TWO AT THE SAME TIME!!!! :ph34r:

Actually, if you want someone who can throw flags, you need Bill Lay up in the flagstand.

Was anyone else at the track the night Bill threw a flag at a car that wasn't paying attention to him up in the flagstand and darn near made a spear outta that flag! Would have been bad, but Bill was just a few inches off on his aim so the guy escaped with his life.

Nick

Actually, if you want someone who can throw flags, you need Bill Lay up in the flagstand.

Was anyone else at the track the night Bill threw a flag at a car that wasn't paying attention to him up in the flagstand and darn near made a spear outta that flag! Would have been bad, but Bill was just a few inches off on his aim so the guy escaped with his life.

With apologies to everyone else, Bill Lay is as good as I ever saw. HE, and HE alone, had control of the race. No headphones to mess up his hair, nobody upstairs dictating the race to him.

Bill Lay was quite the flagman as I grew up, Fox Gipson was good at SAS I must say and there are some good ones now as well like Nathan and Daryl @ THR and the HMP bunch. Will not go wrong there!

The announcers, I grew up replaying what Neil did @ Speed O Rama, Rick Benjamin taught me bunches as well. I thank you all for putting me in the same sentence with these guys. Bobby Chaffee could have easily said at the first Crashfest when I debuted that he had that show covered cause he is awesome but he let me play along. He is kick ass! Trey Ware is as good as there has ever been and my man Uncle Bob is the DEAN of announcers.... but this is indeed Milton's house!

Robert Barker (2 cars)

Mike Reininger

Bobby Teer Jr.

Taylor Brandes

Nick Cole

Austin Self (2 cars)

Cory Roper (2 cars)

Jason Stanley

Joe Aramendia

Brian Moczybemba