Stephen on the mind of many

champ1796

It was obvious at the track tonight. I was genuinely touched by what I saw at the track tonight after the races. The racing community always represents itself well in times of need for its fellow racers.

Tonight was no different. Kudos to all that showed and to the track for taking the time to truly honor Stephen. He was worthy and we are all blessed to have had the honor of knowing him and being a part of his life, and he a part of ours.

I am one of many that are glad that we were there.

John, you have always been a class act. Always know that everyone that has had any part in racing in the area, truly understands what you and your family are going through.

We love you and hope that you continue to prosper as a person after dealing with this tragedy in your life. We share your pain.

I loved sharing a few moments with you and your family tonight, that including your Dad whom I havent seen in years.

God bless you all.

Duane

WITH TWO 94.S ON THE TRACK COULD BE A LITTLE CONFUSING FOR SOME .......I THOUGHT IT WAS FITTING FOR JOHN TO RUN THAT NUMBER LAST NIGHT ..WHAT GREAT WAY TO HONOR HIS BROTHER .........TOUCHING NIGHT TO SAY THE LEAST ......NO ONE WAS TALKING WHILE JOHN SPOKE AFTER THE FEATURE ...ANOTHER HONOR ....

At the beginning of the season at our drivers meeting, Stephan and I had a chat about the number "94" going on my car. He said it was his number when he was racing, and then he went on to say the car that I'm now driving he and his brother had built over 30 years before. He was pretty adamant about me not running that number.

After we chatted for a bit longer, he decided that he would go ahead and let me have the number to use on my car. What a fitting tribute to such a great man to be able to run the number of the man who helped build such a great car.

I am honored to have Stephens family blessing to be able to continue to run his number on a car he built. A great friend, mentor, and fellow racer has left us, but he will never be forgotten. I'll remember him every time I get in my car.

:ph34r: Sincerely, Dennis J Ward :ph34r:

"OUTLAW RACING TEAM"

WENT TO THE SERVICE .A LOT OF FOLKS SHOWED UP ...NICE ........ ALL MORNING NO RAIN AT MY HOUSE . TILL I GOT READY TO LEAVE ...JJ YOU WERE CORRECT PERFECT TIMING HUH .......BUT HIS TIMING IN LIFE WAS PERFECT FOR ALL OF US ..WE ALL HAD THE CHANCE TO INJOY HIS PERSONALITY ......................................DENNIS ,,STEVEN MUST HAVE HAD FUN DRIVING BOTH YOUR CAR AND JJ.S .... PROBABLY HAD HIM CONFUSED ...... FIRST AND SECOND PLACE FINISHES IN THE SAME RACE ..

WENT TO THE SERVICE .A LOT OF FOLKS SHOWED UP ...NICE ........ ALL MORNING NO RAIN AT MY HOUSE . TILL I GOT READY TO LEAVE ...JJ YOU WERE CORRECT PERFECT TIMING HUH .......BUT HIS TIMING IN LIFE WAS PERFECT FOR ALL OF US ..WE ALL HAD THE CHANCE TO INJOY HIS PERSONALITY ......................................DENNIS ,,STEVEN MUST HAVE HAD FUN DRIVING BOTH YOUR CAR AND JJ.S .... PROBABLY HAD HIM CONFUSED ...... FIRST AND SECOND PLACE FINISHES IN THE SAME RACE ..

Topic 1: LOL Good stuff Mike, I felt the energy and it was pushing me all over the track!! And the rain, I was beginning to think it would never stop!!

Topic 2: Hope all them folks in Gregory/Portland/Sinton/Taft are OK. No power for a while in Portland, and 70 percent of Gregory Roadways underwater!! WOW

Archived