Hwy 16

I was talkin with a straight-liner a couple of days ago and was told that the property that Alamo Dragway & ol' Texas Dirt Speedway lies on had been sold. It seems a distribution facility is in the plans to supply something to Toyota. I know this is the same thing we always here. Is there anyone, in the know, that can confirm or deny this statement? And, if it is so, would it encompass the property the speedway is on?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

Mel,

That is an old rumor. The first time that we heard that one was about 2 months ago. I talked to D and Joe and they said "Really! How come no one told us?"

San Antonio Speedway property and the business are totally seperate from Alamo Dragway and the former TDS. This includes business and property ownership.

Carlson Enterprises and Lillian Reeh are no different than anyone else in this world though. If the right buyer comes along with the right amount of money at the right time, then it's SOLD. (Business 101)

BTW I have several items of my own that I would sell right now .......

IF the money and terms were right.

Mike

NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY NOBODY BOUGHT THE OLD DIRT TRACK AND REOPENED IT............TOYOTA IS LOOKING INTO BUYING SOME LAND AROUND THEIR PLANT CURRENTLY OWNED BY THE MILLER FAMILY TO EVENTUALLY BUILD THE SEQUIOA SUV PLANT ON BUT THE MILLER'S AREN'T WANTING TO SELL SO I AM SURE THAT THEY WILL BE LOOKING AROUND FOR LAND TO BUY.............

Greek,

If you are sitting in the bleachers at San Antonio, you can look across Hwy 16 about a mile, and that is where Toyota will be. It probably will not pose a direct threat to the track. I'd be more worried about the land going to some support company, or a corner stop-n-rob.

The Miller family property in the news is South of Loop 1604, and slightly East of Hwy 16, maybe 4 or 5 miles from the track.

Archived