single file restarts

DirtMod14T

I've run at tracks that do the "modified Waco" re-start, leader out front, followed by two wide behind, If the track is one groove around the bottom and you have raced your ass off to get to third or even fifth and get hung out on the outside and go to 8-10 then you will hate this restart. The track at 37 is almost always smooth and although there is normally a fast groove the other grooves are still raceable just maybe not as fast, I agree with most other racers, if you start lining up two wide with 18-20 cars you gona see lots more damage.

I do like how Abilene does their restarts, single file with a cone on the backstretch, leader picks up the throttle in the middle of 2, no passing till pass the cone and racing into 3.

joe

Well the double file restart didn't work out last week when someone lost control and hit me into the wall and then everyone almost hit me that wAs behind me but I got it back together and ready for another week .ill just have to remember I got 20 laps to get to the front

As said before...all tracks have their own way of doing things...some people like it and some dont.....but the way I see it is most wrecks that happen are caused for no reason....the ones ive seen/or been involved could have been much avoided if drivers dont put their cars where they dont fit.......jmo

As said before...all tracks have their own way of doing things...some people like it and some dont.....but the way I see it is most wrecks that happen are caused for no reason....the ones ive seen/or been involved could have been much avoided if drivers dont put their cars where they dont fit.......jmo

So your saying I cant fit my car into a 12 inch gap between the two cars in front of me. Dang that explains why I cut so many tires last year.

;););)

So your saying I cant fit my car into a 12 inch gap between the two cars in front of me. Dang that explains why I cut so many tires last year.

;););)

yep..you hit the nail on the head....your tire might fit but the other 3/4's of the car will not...but hopefully you would figure out.. there must be a reason for those tires going flat..lol. ;)

U need to quit using the flat side of tire... Flip it over and use the side that isn't flat... Sheesh...

Now it all makes sense. Don't squeeze car into a gap twice as small as the car and stop using flat side of the tire. That's how you won them championships. Oh and you can't win on the first lap but you can get close lol. :rolleyes:

Archived