single file restarts

DirtMod14T

For those of you who don't know what that is: The race restarts will see the leader of the race setting alone in front of the field with the second place driver having the option to restart from either the inside row or outside row and all other competitors lining up side-by-side accordingly.

Actually Cass, at the tracks that use a Delaware restart the way they are posted on a dry erase/chalk board(hint, hint)it's leader up front alone, then 2nd place inside, third outside, and so on back.....without any options in lane choice....

dirtmod14t,

One answer is that it can be a recipe for disaster in the pack...

Then there's more possibility of drivers jumping a start....

Finally if the track is locked down to one lane then someone could be at a disadvantage.....

We don't want a single groove track lol

Drivers better be ready for the start snooze you lose

I will agree with the disaster part

Also after the 3rd caution restart single file restart

at least a driver in the back has a chance to gain positions

Jay dont say a word or your not getting a DP LOL

What is the name of the line up where 2nd place driver in the restart picks inside or out? we have ran that way at other tracks

You say that, but how often have you done it....Its a better show for the fans,Torn up parts....I love the races in Killeen, but hate the restarts for this reason......And with the points system the way they are,the higher points average cars need to work past the cars with a lower point average anyway...A car that broke early or had a bad night will start up front this Saturday, As long as they STARTED in a HEAT race or MAIN....If not, Better do good in the HEAT....This is IMCA system, may be different in NON IMCA classes....Frank t

we did it in baytown and i thought it was way better than single file, and if we had a couple bad restarts they made us go single file, but i think itd be pretty difficult if you have to start in the back (especially with 20+ cars and single file) to get back to the front in 20 or less laps....

It may be better...if, like Frank said, you like torn up parts and racecars....

Let's say the track is one groove around the bottom....You have to restart third(outside second row)...On green you get hung out to dry and cant back in line till 10-12th place...How ya gonna like it then?

There are other scenarios.....but what's the point....

I would like to see a double file restart with the lane cone. Very kool for the fans and drivers. For some of you who haven't seen this , you put out the cone in the middle of track at the flag stand and each car has the option on inside or outside lane when he goes by the cone. Example: first 3 cars take the inside and the 4th car takes the outside and becomes outside pole. gives the cars in the middle or back of pack a chance to move up. It makes for some good racing.

I thought the racing at I37 was already good to excellent with lots of passing...Last i checked, the Champions in all the classes started way in the rear every race and still won MORE then the ones who started up front...Maybe we should draw for who will win this week..(lol)....Frank T

Do like we do in TPS, you have your double file for the start, if you cannot have your act together after

that you go single file. Remember fans get tired of continuous restarts, or do like the IMCA nationals

start 3 wide you spin you're out.

As a spectator and a fan I would like to see double file restarts but I can understand why a driver/owner doesn't. It would also make for better photo ops...LOL You want to be in a good picture; be fast, in the middle of the action and have a good looking car. That's what catches my eye and what I want to convey to the audience that looks at the pictures.

No one said you have to tear the cars up in order to do it. I like what the South Texas Street Stock Shootout did with waiting until coming out of 2 to start advancing your position, at least that way every car has a better shot of making through the first two corners without being torn up. You could apply that rule to every restart.

The drivers SHOULD have racecievers so getting the lineup correct SHOULDN'T be a problem. Give the head scorer access to communicate with the drivers and put them in order. Listen to the audio on the videos coming out of Las Cruces; that's how they do it.

this is robby.. i understand that there might be more wrecks, it does suck when i have to find a way to pay for my car to be ready for the next race when it gets torn up but i would still prefer the delaware restarts.. are we racing for money or for fun i know that no one racing dirt at our track is making money racing, and its more exciting for driver and fan..

Robbie,I watched Johnny start 10, 11th or 12 every regular week end last year...Finished in the top 4 all but one week end at I37,(dropped out) for a hooked bumper...Replaced 0 front bumpers!!!..Baytown is wider by far...Two times at Killeen, we came back with torn up rear bumper once, front and rear next time due to brake check....If a car starts towards the front, does it need more help, and like i said before, last years champs started IN THE BACK more the any one, and they won the most races....I am talking in ALL the classes....Many drivers should be HAPPY that I37 does not start by where you finish the heat, cause then many would NEVER have a shot at a MAIN EVENT win........Frank t

Archived