what is it

HiTech

ok racen season is about to start up .and a lot of travel will be involved ....so this will hurt you ......

One thing i have noticed and have heard a lot of talk about is fuel mileage .........What is it they are adding to our gas that is hurting performance ......could they be adding more ethanol than they say they are .....I have people come into the store wanting to tune their cars up ..and a ton of these cars are 1 .2 years old some with less than 30.000 ..and and getting only about half of what they should be getting ....I know my jeep only went 280 on a tank ..usually 340 plus ...my wife.s car went from 27 .to 19 .down to 17 now .....she drives 40 miles a day back and forth ... both of my cars run well ..now my son works for rudy.s and started buying their gas .and noticed his mileage went back up ....they dont sell e fuel .........even fuel additives are not working .....so what gives ..are we getting burned here .sure looks like it ..oh i buy 99 percent of my gas at exxon .but it does not make a different.s who i buy it from ... i am going to fill up at rudys this week and see what happens ....

We just had a guy in today with an '11 F-150 with 6k miles looking for better fuel mileage so you're not the only one. I can tell you right off the problem with late model Diesels is the JUNK DPF systems that where mandated without adequate research and instantly dropped fuel mileage 5 to 20%. Our federal government saving us for ourselves...

i cant speak for rudys but exxon gas around south texas is valero or citgo with there attives in them thats all. flint hills mainly goes to s.a. area.yes they ar putting ethinal in there.the funny thing is they pipeline gas from the refinery to the truckracks. they cant do that with the ethinal because it would be water before it got their so they have to truck it in .that means more diesel for regular gas.go figure.

We just had a guy in today with an '11 F-150 with 6k miles looking for better fuel mileage so you're not the only one. I can tell you right off the problem with late model Diesels is the JUNK DPF systems that where mandated without adequate research and instantly dropped fuel mileage 5 to 20%. Our federal government saving us for ourselves...

///// MY BROTHER HAS A 2011 FORD DIESEL..AND HE IS NOT HAPPY EITHER ...DOES NOT GET THE MILEAGE HE WAS TOLD IT WOULD .COULD OR SHOULD GET ....$.70.000 WORTH OF MORE STOPS AT YOUR LOCAL FUEL STATION..PLUS THE ADDED ON COST OF THE DPF ..SOMEONES MAKING MONEY ....I SUPPOSE YEAH DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR THAT SYSTEM YET ..MY BUDDY'S 94 DODGE DIESEL GETS BETTER MILEAGE AND ITS AN OLD DUALLY I KEEP THE VALVES ADJUSTED ON ..

///// MY BROTHER HAS A 2011 FORD DIESEL..AND HE IS NOT HAPPY EITHER ...DOES NOT GET THE MILEAGE HE WAS TOLD IT WOULD .COULD OR SHOULD GET ....$.70.000 WORTH OF MORE STOPS AT YOUR LOCAL FUEL STATION..PLUS THE ADDED ON COST OF THE DPF ..SOMEONES MAKING MONEY ....I SUPPOSE YEAH DON'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR THAT SYSTEM YET ..MY BUDDY'S 94 DODGE DIESEL GETS BETTER MILEAGE AND ITS AN OLD DUALLY I KEEP THE VALVES ADJUSTED ON ..

There are a few companies out there that will assist you in converting DPF diesels to OFF HIGHWAY ONLY trucks that are conpletly drivable, get great mileage and make more power then their DPF equipped counterparts. Quadzilla out of Fort Worth offers computer programmers you can buy then update to "race only" mode for right at $400 and after that all it takes is some 4" tubing.

I just chuckle when I see this because there are so many people who run out and spend 40 - 50K on a new truck that gets worse mileage than a 10 year old.

I love my ole truck. Paid for and still the same mileage as if it was new, if not better.

my brother kept his old 89 ford till it fell apart .20 years ..that old diesel was in good shape .but years and year of ranch work and contruction work .took its toll on the chassis ....he is very good at keeping his trucks up ..bought a new ford in 09 and that junk would not stay out of the shop.....so far the 2011 ford he has had for months has done well,,other than fuel mileage........

FSAERACER.....I WILL PASS THAT ON TO HIM ..THANKS .

There are a few companies out there that will assist you in converting DPF diesels to OFF HIGHWAY ONLY trucks that are conpletly drivable, get great mileage and make more power then their DPF equipped counterparts. Quadzilla out of Fort Worth offers computer programmers you can buy then update to "race only" mode for right at $400 and after that all it takes is some 4" tubing.

Funny you mentioned Quad. He friended me a while back on facebook. We haven't finished our pricing yet but plan to offer several forms of tuning. Canned tune which is no more than a plug n play tuner. Dyno tuning with chip or tuner option. And live tuning where we go data log your style of driving and tune around that. Each has it's own plus but ultimately live tuning is by far the best yet most expensive. My personal truck is on a canned tune (Since 2003) Superchips tri-mode tuner with one of our CCM "Pillboxes", AFE cold air intake, boost fooler and Bullydog 4" turboback exhaust with muffler inlet/outlet lifted. I make right at 300Hp to the ground but when dialed back and driven easy can get upwards of 20MPG. Turned up a few would get mad on here so I wont go there, but you can make that thing roll... On the Pillbox I can get 57Hp & 90 ft/lbs torq without touching cold air kit, overboost controller"boost fooler", wastegate or other trick. We get from 2 1/2 to 5 miles per gallon more. My plans are to change my truck over to the new SCT IPAD Bluetooth set-up. It allows for data logging and live tuning. This will be available on Chevy & Ford Gas & Diesel. We are also checking into EFI software for Dodge. There is always propane and water/meth for towing. I have heard of several running it around town with increased fuel economy but it gets expensive.

I am not trying to take anything away from Quad or a fellow sponsor.(FSAERacer) Quad is an awesome guy and I have not had the pleasure of meeting FSAE.

Our Dyno is available for baseline tunes or for tuning to any and all....

Funny you mentioned Quad. He friended me a while back on facebook. We haven't finished our pricing yet but plan to offer several forms of tuning. Canned tune which is no more than a plug n play tuner. Dyno tuning with chip or tuner option. And live tuning where we go data log your style of driving and tune around that. Each has it's own plus but ultimately live tuning is by far the best yet most expensive. My personal truck is on a canned tune (Since 2003) Superchips tri-mode tuner with one of our CCM "Pillboxes", AFE cold air intake, boost fooler and Bullydog 4" turboback exhaust with muffler inlet/outlet lifted. I make right at 300Hp to the ground but when dialed back and driven easy can get upwards of 20MPG. Turned up a few would get mad on here so I wont go there, but you can make that thing roll... On the Pillbox I can get 57Hp & 90 ft/lbs torq without touching cold air kit, overboost controller"boost fooler", wastegate or other trick. We get from 2 1/2 to 5 miles per gallon more. My plans are to change my truck over to the new SCT IPAD Bluetooth set-up. It allows for data logging and live tuning. This will be available on Chevy & Ford Gas & Diesel. We are also checking into EFI software for Dodge. There is always propane and water/meth for towing. I have heard of several running it around town with increased fuel economy but it gets expensive.

I am not trying to take anything away from Quad or a fellow sponsor.(FSAERacer) Quad is an awesome guy and I have not had the pleasure of meeting FSAE.

Our Dyno is available for baseline tunes or for tuning to any and all....

No problems! I have no affliation with Quad other then we've used it before and it's the cheapest stuff out there that works, carbs. are our thing and it will likely remain that way! I had plans to use another local shop for dyno work but knowing you have one we will likely end up at your shop instead!

Dang, I miss ethyl.... The bio products are indeed counterproductive and a scam indeed, unless you happen to farm that product that the government subsidizes to produce the ethanol or soy diesel.... We are actively using valuable farm land to produce a food product that feeds our vehicles instead of our hungry while we limit drilling for crude oil on land that happens to have some obscure species growing on it.... Dandy.

ok my son is picking up a 06 titan ..he tried to get a good deal on fords or chevy . did not happen ....so any one out there own one .and what chip or system yeah have installed to help her out ......plenty of power .but we know power equals low fuel mileage .......

ok my son is picking up a 06 titan ..he tried to get a good deal on fords or chevy . did not happen ....so any one out there own one .and what chip or system yeah have installed to help her out ......plenty of power .but we know power equals low fuel mileage .......

If you are looking for fuel milage I would stay away from a toyota They say Turd on the back for a reason. They suck gas so fast you would think theres a hole in the tank.

Also I can go on and on about gas milage. I almost invested in ethonal way back but after doing my own research didnt think it would last a year.(oops) I have an article( or rants) about ethonol on here somewhere, I also included some really boreing math to back it up. Also car companies are not required to use any blends or certain fuels when they do there milage study so of course they use the stuff that will give them more milage than you and I cant get. You will lose 10-15% for sure right off the bat from this alone.change the temp alt wind , etc. in fact Toyota is know for not using outside air and pumping thier own air mixture from a tank to optimize burn. Bottom line is ethonol is a scam. It pollutes and waste more oil through extra fuel burn due to manufactureing, shipping and energy conversion. Farms have to apply so much fertilizer to keep the fields producing corn (which is really harsh for stripping soil nutrients) that ground pollutants are destoying most of the potable ground water and wildlife in these areas. I grew up with a heritage of corn farmers from IL. They are all Dems up there becuse the Dems give them subsidies. The goverment is subsidzeing a wasteful product that is bad bad bad for our enviorment. please spread the word that these Goverment mandates for fuel additives are misguided by liers for profit.

Mike, Let me do some checking... I have a contact name and number for a guy out of Austin. I am trying to get him to tune my Fiat 500 *I want more than rated 38 MPG... ;)

I would search for a good cold air kit... I would get several cans of 44K and run a full can first go around on a full tank then skip a tank and run second tank.

The big misconception is that tuning by itself will increase fuel economy. Now stop, it does as long as the driver drives the same way he/she did prior to tuning. If you mash the go pedal now that you have increased power you have defeated everything.

I could go on and on but lets get back to fuel... :blink:

If you are looking for fuel milage I would stay away from a toyota They say Turd on the back for a reason. They suck gas so fast you would think theres a hole in the tank.

Also I can go on and on about gas milage. I almost invested in ethonal way back but after doing my own research didnt think it would last a year.(oops) I have an article( or rants) about ethonol on here somewhere, I also included some really boreing math to back it up. Also car companies are not required to use any blends or certain fuels when they do there milage study so of course they use the stuff that will give them more milage than you and I cant get. You will lose 10-15% for sure right off the bat from this alone.change the temp alt wind , etc. in fact Toyota is know for not using outside air and pumping thier own air mixture from a tank to optimize burn. Bottom line is ethonol is a scam. It pollutes and waste more oil through extra fuel burn due to manufactureing, shipping and energy conversion. Farms have to apply so much fertilizer to keep the fields producing corn (which is really harsh for stripping soil nutrients) that ground pollutants are destoying most of the potable ground water and wildlife in these areas. I grew up with a heritage of corn farmers from IL. They are all Dems up there becuse the Dems give them subsidies. The goverment is subsidzeing a wasteful product that is bad bad bad for our enviorment. please spread the word that these Goverment mandates for fuel additives are misguided by liers for profit.

Just FYI, the Titan is a Nisssan

The big misconception is that tuning by itself will increase fuel economy. Now stop, it does as long as the driver drives the same way he/she did prior to tuning. If you mash the go pedal now that you have increased power you have defeated everything.

I could go on and on but lets get back to fuel... :blink:

your right ...right foot has alot to do with mileage ..seeing it has power and he loves power .i dont think it will take long to figure out how to save fuel ..lol. lighten that right foot .seems to help a lot ...but anything that will help him when he figures that foot problem .is a plus.......................................big plus ..

I have a 2004.5 Dodge Dually 4x4 5.9 Cummins with a 120 HP Quadzilla programmer. I get 25+ on the open road and 21+ in the city. And for the record.....I am NOT gentle with the throttle!! I have found however, that I get better mileage using Texaco diesel purchased in Blanco than I do using diesel purchased at other local stations.

Archived