Tires

So im a little slow and just finally checked my email reguarding Tires, Schedule and what not. So I was wondering, since we don't race in Kyle anymore(which required hoosiers?), why spend $128 a tire from thier guy up there and race them at CC. I was thinking, wouldn't it be a bit smart to switch to Goodyears and buy them from Dan at 1/2 the cost of the Hoosiers? I believe Dan sells em for $55 per tire. So running 8 races this year, you could buy a set for first 4 which will run you $220 for a full set, then another $220 for 2nd set for 2nd half of the season, totallying $440 for a whole years worth of tires. Hoosiers...$128x4=$512 for 1 set. Say you do the same 2sets for the year, thats $1024 worth of tires for 8 races.

Now I don't know the difference between the Hoosiers and Goodyears, I've heard the Hoosiers last a little longer but thats all. I just figured since every other class that runs slicks at CC SPWY runs Goodyears, why not put down the same rubber compound? I know its a bit late to be bringing this up, but its what popped into my head when I just now read those emails from David.

Anyways Im not here to step on anyones toes or cause any problems, just a simple observation I came across and thought id bring it up.

Can't wait to see everyone on/at the Track, cya soon!

Archived