NASCAR Licenses

HMP Race Teams,

This Saturday at the HMP Awards Banquet, HMP will have hard copy NASCAR license applications on hand. Licenses are required for NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds, NASCAR BWFS 360 Trucks and NASCAR Stock Cars.

If you had a NASCAR license last year, the EASIEST way for Renewing Members is to go online to www.nascarmembers.com and click License Renewal on the right side of the page.

New members will need to complete a hard copy license application. You may also complete the form at your first race and race the same day but we would advise you to complete ahead of time to save time at the front gate.

Each registered car is required to have both a Driver and Crew Member to have a license. That is two licensed members per car. Multiple car teams will need a SEPARATE crew members for each car. The easiest way to describe it to take the number of race cars you have racing and multiply it times 2 and that is the number of total crew licenses you will need. In other words, two cars cannot list the same crew member as their licensed member.

NASCAR Fiesta Modified Drivers will need a Division One/Feature license. All others will need a Charger license. Also, please be sure to put Houston Motorsports Park as your home track. If you have any questions, please give me a call.

Sincerely,

John Mandabach

Vice President & General Manager

Houston Motorsports Park

11620 N Lake Houston Pkwy

Houston, TX 77044

Direct: 713-826-3313

www.houstonmotorsportspark.com

New members will need to complete a hard copy license application. You may also complete the form at your first race and race the same day but we would advise you to complete ahead of time to save time at the front gate.

Where are the applications available?

Each registered car is required to have both a Driver and Crew Member to have a license.

Are the applications different for the driver and the crewperson?

NASCAR Fiesta Modified Drivers will need a Division One/Feature license.

What are the costs of the license(s)?

thanks for any info

jay

Where are the applications available?

Each registered car is required to have both a Driver and Crew Member to have a license.

Are the applications different for the driver and the crewperson?

NASCAR Fiesta Modified Drivers will need a Division One/Feature license.

What are the costs of the license(s)?

thanks for any info

jay

Hard copy applications are available at the race track or at the banquet.

The applications are the same for crew and driver. Just a different box to check at the bottom of form. There is a seperate short form for renewing members but it is still easiest to renew online.

NASCAR Fiesta Modified License is $190. NASCAR BWFS 360 Truck & NASCAR Stock Car license is $95. Crew License is $95. All are Annual licenses and all come with $1,000,000 insurance policy.

Hard copy applications are available at the race track or at the banquet.

The applications are the same for crew and driver. Just a different box to check at the bottom of form. There is a seperate short form for renewing members but it is still easiest to renew online.

NASCAR Fiesta Modified License is $190. NASCAR BWFS 360 Truck & NASCAR Stock Car license is $95. Crew License is $95. All are Annual licenses and all come with $1,000,000 insurance policy.

That's a lot of insurance for the money given the risk. It's probably supplemental coverage but still a bargain. More and more personal insurance coverage is full of exclusions for dangerous activities.

No need to mail the applications, Chase Stapp said that he would pick some up for me at the track banquet.

195 plus 95 plus 50....are there any other upfront fees?

thanks

jay

I just want to get some clarification... Can you hold a crew licence and work with teams in two different classes? Also can the driver of a car in say Stockcars be considered a crew member on a Truck or Modified... Is that something that is only tracked during registration or is it tracked each race night? Just curious...

John, you have built a nice program at HMP. Your explanation of purchasing the license was pretty simple. Maybe its time to just require everyone who enters the pits to have one. Some people spend too much of your time policing a system that should be a no brainer. Your effort are appreciated.

John, you have built a nice program at HMP. Your explanation of purchasing the license was pretty simple. Maybe its time to just require everyone who enters the pits to have one. Some people spend too much of your time policing a system that should be a no brainer. Your effort are appreciated.

Im not going on a hypothetical... I helped 2 drivers this year Lynn Hardy in the trucks and Sonny Hunt in the Modifieds both guys are not high funded teams and had both help each other out along with another person who now owns and will drive a Pro Stock this year. Between the 2 of them last year you could only really call myself and the new Pro Stock Driver as crew for both cars and now his car makes 3. I guess what I am asking is do we need to find 2 more people to licence as crew for each weekend in each class or is there some other combination that works. Im not complaining just wanting to know how that works before the first race so that there is no surprises since it seems this is different than last year. Thanks...

Thunderhill Raceway will have the same NASCAR licensing policies as HMP. As John stated, any easy way to think about it is that each car/truck must have two licenses - one for a driver (can have more than one licensed driver per car, but each driver has to be licensed) and one for a unique crew member (cannot be a crew member already licensed for another team or car). You can get also some great extra insurance coverage by having the entire crew licensed!

Both of our tracks keep a similar log of all licenses issued or pending, and we verify the names and license numbers before we allow a car on the track in the NASCAR divisions. NASCAR sends us a combined list (HMP and THR) before each race so we can track HMP purchased licenses at THR and vice versa.

If you have specific questions or situations you wish to discuss regarding the Thunderhill Raceway NASCAR licensing procedures, please contact me, although I plan to give the same answers as John does for HMP.

The THR NASCAR license applications came in this week, and we will have them available at THR during our Open Test-n-Tune practice sessions during the Saturdays in February (from 12P-6P).

While there are complicated NASCAR licencing situations that may arise in the future, I feel certain that any specific scenarios about NASCAR licencing that pop up can be answered by a phone call to either Thunderhill Raceway or Houston Motorsports Park.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
I have the drivers form, the crewpersons form and the car/number form.

1. 195 plus 95 plus 50....are there any other upfront fees?

2. Can I write one check?

Only other fee would be if you want to race at Speedfest. Otherwise, the two licenses and the registration fee are all the upfront charges. Two checks. One check should be written to NASCAR and the registration fee should be written to HMP.

Archived