big h

norman

i remember at big h they ran a class call texas supersprinters i recall dubby vinison racing in it and denny burton does any one have any photos and names of other drivers who ran in this class

A little help for you Norman.

There are a few pictures on a fotki site, Ricky Sinard Collection, Corpus Christie Area Racing. On page 7, the only ones I am sure of are the number 51 sedan body car of my friend George Larue and the number 28 of Richard Cooper. Also Roy Harling raced with the Texas Super Sprinters he had a yellow number 2. You can access the albums from any of txtom posts, just click on racing pics at lower left.

I hope this helps a little, thanks:Byron

I ran with them one year right before it desolved due to lack of tracks and races. However the group did run a long time with lots of good drivers. I learned alot and the experience inspired me to create the TOBA series. Kent Lewis both Sr. and Jr., Crazy Cooper, Glen Devore, Denny Burton, Jerry Cox, a Young preWOO driver Jason Johnson came over a couple times and tied it on with Denny Burton. Tons and tons more drivers ran in the class. They did make trips to Waco, Corpus, Edna, Goliad, San Antonio both asphalt and dirt, Beaumont, and several Louisiana trips.

thanks for the reply danielsen i remember kent sr when i was working on phil cronins late model at meyers in the mid 70s and cooper running in this class i wish some one had some photos of the cars thanks for the reply

I ran with them one year right before it desolved due to lack of tracks and races. However the group did run a long time with lots of good drivers. I learned alot and the experience inspired me to create the TOBA series. Kent Lewis both Sr. and Jr., Crazy Cooper, Glen Devore, Denny Burton, Jerry Cox, a Young preWOO driver Jason Johnson came over a couple times and tied it on with Denny Burton. Tons and tons more drivers ran in the class. They did make trips to Waco, Corpus, Edna, Goliad, San Antonio both asphalt and dirt, Beaumont, and several Louisiana trips.

Jason always went home with his tail between his legs...He was and still is a great competitor that gives it his all every race....I always enjoyed racing against him...

• 5 months later...

I don't remember everyone, but Mike Plowman drove the #47 Nance Super Sprinter for us in the early eighties while I drove our #44 Skinny Car at Big H. Sure wish I could find some video of the Supers and the Skinnys. I've asked Gil several times, but no luck yet.

David McKinney

post-3-1340979667.jpg

Here's a little something I put together dedicated to my friend and fellow racer, we bumped wheels more than once and still laugh about it today, watching cars We own and are too old to drive, do the same stuff we did 30+ years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

didn't Larry Bell, Wayne Brown, and Bubba McDonald run in the Big H super sprinters ?

Archived