2012 Schedule for Allgayer, Inc Street Stock Shootout of South Texas

We are excited to announce that the 2012 Allgayer, Inc. Street Stock Shootout of South Texas schedule is now available... For the dates noted, when you see an event scheduled the other four tracks have agreed to let the Street Stock Class off on that given event night at their particular track if they are running so that anyone who wants to run the series can do so without conflict, without worry of points loss at their home track, and we do not want to ever compete with a given track for their cars on the same night. If we ever saw that what we are doing is a detriment to track operations, we would not want to be doing this series. We are committed to this being a win-win as a boost for each track and a nice series for the teams. This schedule was developed in close communication with the five tracks so as to minimize to the greatest extent possible any overlap dates so that asking them to let the class off would be as minimal as possible. Thus if you see a date below at a given track and it is a race date at one of the other four tracks, rest assured they will be letting the street stock class off on a series event date. Also, the latter part of the series has three events somewhat close together, but given the focus to minimize overlaps, this worked out the best. A huge thank you to the five tracks for helping us iron out this schedule and agreeing to let the class off if they are running on a night when we have a series event else where.

Remember as was the case in 2011, if we have an event get canceled due to weather or some other reasons on the scheduled night, it is simply a drop and is not rescheduled. It is a logistical nightmare to try and reschedule. It is dropped, points are what they are and we move forward.

The 2012 Allgayer, Inc. Street Stock Shootout of South Texas schedule is as follows:

Race 1 - June 16th May 19th- I37 Raceway, Pleasanton

Race 2 - July 14th - Texana Raceway Park, Edna

Race 3 - Sept 1st - Shady Oaks Speedway, Goliad

Race 4 - Sept 22nd - Cottonbowl Speedway, Paige

Race 5 - Oct 6th - South Texas Speedway, Corpus Christi

Also, as a reminder, we have a very nice points fund goal for 2012. Registration for each driver in 2012 will be $40 for the entire series or $20 registration fee for a one night run in the series.

Also, as a reminder, each track has committed to to the following purse as a minimum:

1 $400.00

2 $200.00

3 $175.00

4 $150.00

5 $125.00

6 $100.00

7 $100.00

8 $100.00

9 thru 24 $75.00

*purse is for A-Main starters.. This is the minimum purse committed by all five tracks. If purse is increased, it is at the discretion of the host track. Special awards such as pole sitter, hard charger, etc will be our responsibility to pay based on sponsorships acquired for special awards.

Rules are the same as they were in 2011. You must pick a set of rules that work for you from either SOS Street Stocks, I37 Street Stocks, Texana Street Stocks, STS Street Stocks, Cottonbowl Street Stocks, or Houston Hobby Stocks and you will be teched against what you declare. As before, no mixing and matching and you just pick which one fits for you, even if you don't run any of the given sets routinely. Simply declare what you are from the six choices above and that is how you are teched for the series.

Stephan and I look forward to being your promoters again in 2012 for the 2012 Allgayer, Inc. Street Stock Shootout of South Texas. Please follow the thread on this forum where the sponsors are building and thank them along with our title sponsor for 2012. Let's go racing boys and girls!

Please see the edit to the original post above concerning event dates. In coordination with the I37 Raceway operators and TRP operators, we've changed the I37 event to May 19th due to other scheduling related items.

TRP had originally agreed to let there street stocks off on June 16th for the original I37 event, but have also agreed to change to let them off on May 19th. TRP will put the street stocks back on their schedule for June 16th. TRP will update their home website to reflect this also.

Should any further changes be necessary as we move along, we will post. We want to again thank each of the tracks for letting the street stocks off for shootout events and we appreciate TRP's flexibility for this adjustment that is a win-win for everyone.

This cooperation is gathering a LOT of attention around the dirt track racing community. I get comments all the time from all over the U.S. about it. Most of the time they want to know if I can start up a Speedzone in their part of the country because all their racing forums are filled with hate and bashing.

If I die tomorrow, I will die knowing that the original goal of LSS to help promote racing in Central and South Texas was at least partially fulfilled as I watch this Street Stock Shootout develop. If we can keep this deal working and growing, you will see folks from all over hauling to these four tracks to take part.

Of course, the real work is done by Mr. Stephan Danielson and Mr. Monty Chamberlain along with the owner/promoters at the four tracks. LSS is just a tiny part of the deal.

Nick

Thank you guys for not only the words but your interests as well! This is alot easier when you have promoters and owners working together and wanting to be apart of this. Can you believe we actually have cars being built this offseason for the street stock class because of the shootout series? Thats cool! We dont look to take on many more races then what we have however we are looking to make each of them bigger and better in every way we can. The biggest way to help this street stock series shootout is to support it with your attendance and bring friends. Help your local drivers with support and financially so they can be part of each one instead of sitting in the stands watching. If you have a company or race team step up with some type of sponsorship. We have race shirts being built and we have spots still available on the back for sponsorship. We have individual race sponsorships for each race such as pole sitter and hard charger awards. Alot of people stepped up with help last year and made the series take off. Not everyone contributed with cash sponsorships so many did it in their own unique ways. As Monty has said from the beginning this is a series for the racers by the racers. Plans for 2012 are about done and now we are simply trying to spread the word and solidify our sponsors/supporters. We currently have an established points fund for the top 15 drivers of 2012 but it can still get bigger and better. We are planning an end of the year drivers banquet for the series competitors, family members, friends, sponsors and supporters. We will continue releasing details as we firm them up. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Thanks for the nice comments. And as Stephan said, thanks to everyone for all of the interest in this series. I give all credit to Stephan for setting the vision for this series and launching it. We were very pleased with how 2011 worked out and very excited about 2012. The stands were packed and over 30 cars at each event in 2011. I suspect 2012 will be awesome. We are nothing without the tracks in operation and the track operators being so accomodating for us. It is our goal working together with the teams to bring incredible shows out again in 2012. Merry Christmas everyone and we'll be turning the corner into 2012 before we know it.

• 6 months later...

Archived