SAS Schedule Question?

SASPEEDRACER24

Just curious if anyone knows, but, I have seen now two different sched now for the week after Easter. One shows that the Mexican Trucks will be there the other shows it's a regular night of racing. The sources that I have seen that the Mexican Trucks are the sched on here that I was given, the SAS website, and today I saw it mentioned in Mr. Haag's column in the paper. The sorce of the competing sched. ones that I have seen printed like a Missions or Spurs sched, and through some of the drivers that compete at SAS. Anyone that can give input please feel free!

I hope that I can clear this subject up.

San Antonio Speedway released its first schedule in January in time for the awards banquet. This schedule was posted on the track website and released to the press.

In the later part of February the truck series from Mexico had competition issues with a new engine program and was forced to revise thier schedule.

We issued new a new schedule on March 1, 2003 all sent it to the media, posted it on our website, etc. but unfortunately many people did not notice the changes.

The correct schedule is the one that is posted on our website, printed in the weekly program, and distributed as a business card handout.

We have sent new schedules to all of the local media .

On Saturday April 26, 2003, San Antonio Speedway and the United States Air Force will present the Premier Minerals Late Models, Sportsman, Road Runners, Texas Pro Sedans (first visit for 2003) and the Texas Demo Derby Series. The #21 United States Air Force Winston Cup Car driven by Ricky Rudd will be on display and will be making some laps. Also the Air Force Recruiters will be available for all of you wanting to serve our country. ALL active duty members of the Armed Services attending this event will recieve a special admission price of Buy 1 get 1 Free.

Mike Sepich

General Manager

San Antonio Speedway

Mike,

I hate to point this out, but the front page of the SAS website clearly shows the "Mexico Trucks" are scheduled for April 26th. And when you click on the "click here to view entire schedule" link, you see that the the MasterCard Truck Series Mexico is still listed for April 26th.

However, I think it's safe to assume that the information that you provided in an earlier post in this thread is correct.

By the way, earlier today I received an email from Mike Haag, the Express-News motorsports writer, saying that he had obtained his schedule information from the SAS website and that he has not yet received an updated schedule from SAS. He apologized for having the incorrect information in the paper this past Thursday and that the Express-News will have the correct information in the paper next Thursday.

Kind of confusing, but I hope it's all straightened out now.

Nick Holt

Archived