Michelle Obama & Jill Biden "Grand Marshalls" for Homest

NickHolt

First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden To Serve As Grand Marshals At Homestead-Miami Speedway

Daytona Beach, Florida (November 11, 2011) - As part of their Joining Forces initiative, First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden will serve as Grand Marshals for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season-finale Ford 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday, November 20, 2011.

NASCAR, Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden will recognize service members and military families from the local community in pre-race ceremonies and at a special BBQ lunch. Mrs. Obama and Dr. Biden will also invite a military family to join them as they serve as Grand Marshals for the championship race to lead the pre-race ceremony and offer the most famous words in racing: “Gentlemen, start your engines.”

This should be interesting.

Almost makes me want to apply for press credentials just to have the ability to ask Ms. Obama a few questions about her patriotism, her views on what is appropriate behavior during the playing of the National Anthem, etc. But, since I am undoubtedly no longer welcome at major NASCAR events for the way I frequently spell "NA$CAR" in the LSS forums, I guess some other disabled veteran will have to ask her.

Nick

On a side note, why the charade? They don't like us (people with a concern for the longterm survival of America and it's traditional family and Christianity based values) and we don't like them (liberals) , everyone knows it so why?

FSAERacer Are you saying that "all" people who voted for Obama are liberals and are not concerned with the long term survival of America and that they are against family and Christian values. I thing you are assuming a lot when you make this statement. And I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic of Ms. Obama and Dr.Biden being grand marshalls at a racing event

On a side note, why the charade? They don't like us (people with a concern for the longterm survival of America and it's traditional family and Christianity based values) and we don't like them (liberals) , everyone knows it so why?

FSAERacer Are you saying that "all" people who voted for Obama are liberals and are not concerned with the long term survival of America and that they are against family and Christian values. I thing you are assuming a lot when you make this statement. And I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic of Ms. Obama and Dr.Biden being grand marshalls at a racing event

I think it's pretty clear what he said. To clarify...why would Michelle O, who represents a group that thinks you as a NASCAR supporter is a stupid redneck, be coming? To clarify further, the group she represents would be offended when someone like Nick says "in the name of Jesus Christ we pray", at a race event. The average NASCAR fan will say amen and put their hat back on.

This reminds me of a few years ago when Caroll Keeton Strayhorn was asked to be a Grand Marshall for one of the West races at Kyle. She went on raving about how she loved racing and motprsports.

Some of us remember when she was the swing vote that eliminated the boat races in Austin.

Now, this is not intended to start a politiocal discussion, but I have noticed a certain uncumbent Presidential Candidate seems to be trying to think out of the box in gaining new voter bases............

Politicians will change their tactics and beliefs on a dime if they can get new support.

Yea, I thought I was pretty clear? I guess I am partially wrong in saying that all people who voted for Obama are "liberals and are not concerned with the long term survival of America and that they are against family and Christian values"...I guess someone could have checked the wrong box?

To be serious, I know a few people who felt republicans where at fault for the direction the country was taking and that Obama would fix it and I guess I don't blame them...now anyone who supports him still I have no issue saying they are liberals and are not concerned with the long term survival of America and that they are against family and Christian values.

This is not to say the republicans are much better, but liberalism obviously isn't the fix. The relationship to the original post is that them being at a NASCAR race is about as fitting as Martin Luther King throwing out the first pitch at the annual neo-nazi national softball championship, it doesn't make sense!

Let put it this way, I don't believe they will be welcome and what are they going to do when the National Athem is played and the preacher says a prayer in Gods name, bet they don't stick around for the race, what ever they do this bunch in Washington has got to go or you guys will be racing electric cars.

Reb,

the guys that come play up in your area aren't there for you. Besides now that Snoop has his ranch up your way I'm sure they find him more interesting then you...

Now what I want to see is Mrs O & Dr B talking to lets say junior or maybe Elliott Sadler....

I wonder what happened to all the Obama drum thumpers! Maybe they have had a Perry moment and went Oops! Hey—we all make mistakes.

Im not sure calling Obama a mistake is quite accurate - more like an unatural disaster never before seen by humanity.

We better watch it or Nick is going to end up with a gaggle of black SUVs following him around everywhere he goes. He'll end up getting charged with actions detrimental to the country of America and placed on probation for 6 months.

I have removed a couple of posts that "went over the line," whatever that means....

But, not to worry. I'm already on our government's domestic terrorists watch list since I am:

1) a professing Christian

2) a US Veteran with service-connected disability

3) a white, straight, happily married male

4) a law abiding citizen who pays his bills and taxes

5) a registered weapon owner

Yes, it's true. That profile has been identified by the executive branch of our government as a group that needs watching since we are likely domestic terrorists. Just 25 years ago, that group would never have been labeled such...

Forty-five years ago I took an oath before God and my fellow soldiers to defend the Constitution of the United States of America from her enemies, both foreign and domestic. I have yet to renounce that oath and never will.

Nick

Archived