hard start alcohol MOD

Speedracer99

usually when a box goes bad they quit all together so i don't really think its that. from the sound of it it may be getting too much fuel. a flooded engine will be hard to start to the point of not even trying to start and when it does run it'll run like shit. things to check would be the spark making sure you are getting and if it is hot enough to ignite the fuel ( a simple plug to header test is sufficient) as well as amount of fuel supplied at idle conditions. if your carb is a holley, the first place that i would start is to get the engine running and at idle look down the ventures and see if you can see fuel being dropped from the feed nozzles (the hoop things in the middle. it'll look like a dripping faucet) if you do, you have a problem with the ventilation system (blow out the air bleeds). also verify the float level ( it can contribute to bad metering of the fuel as well). Does it die when given throttle or run better choked?

one thing that would make it hard too start is the timing and as 4cylfordz said it could be the carb. but i think the timming is off bad it will let it spit fuel out the carb n ive seen on some alchol motors thy use gas too help start it the first time thn it will start easy after it warm

Archived