Texas Pro Sedans - Silly Season

ToryC

Each year, NASCAR has it's “silly season” when rumors and speculation abound concerning drivers and teams for the next year of racing.

I thought it might be fun if we start a “silly season” of our own for the Texas Pro Sedans!

Here we can speculate, contemplate, meditate and agitate over where we will all be four months from now.

Can Mike Knotts Racing field 5 Volswagens? Count 'em up. There's the #77, #48, #71, #78 and #94. If so, who will be in those seats? Mike Knotts for sure. Bruce Mabrito is a staple in that garage. That leaves 3 open seats! Will one go to Sterling Beck who drove the #78 all the way to the end at the last Corpus race? Or will Beck jump ship to Osburn racing, where it's rumored that a new car may be in the works? Could Adam “Pipsqueak” McCosh be back in the Knotts garage?

Osburn Racing has the #22, #23 and #24, most recently driven by Ozzy Osburn, JJ Osburn and Mike Meeks respectively. Will that be the returning line up? What about that speculated “new car” at Osburn? Truth? Rumor? :ph34r:

Meeks Motorsports driver John Miesen will likely be in the #55 Bug, but what's this I hear that Meeks Motorsports may be adding a Chevrolet? And what about Jason Krueger's future at Meeks?

Will the #01 Toyota be back or will there be a #01 and #10 in the Team Toyota garage? Will Adam “Flipsqueak” McCosh be back in a Toyota? VW? Ford? Chevy? Is there anything he can keep on all four wheels? :lol:

What of TPS 2011 Rookie Of The Year Richard Adams? Could he be in one of those Toyotas or will it be an Osburn Ford that he wheels in 2012? Maybe a Knotts V-Dub? :o

I suppose we all assume that Sergio Hexsel will remain a strong championship contender once again in the #20.

What of Mike Merrell and the #70? Could it be true that the #70 car may have a different driver for 2012? The return of a past champion perhaps?

Will Lalo Leal continue to dominate out of Corpus? What about Cody Limerick and Johnny Guerra? The Sandovals?

There's talk of Randy Larsen returning with at least one TPS car. But could there be two rolling out of the Larsen stable?

Did I hear the #3 might be “For Sale”? Will Bob Sherland hit the track in 2012? What about multi-champ Bill LaBarge? Rick Dawdy? Pete Wright?

Did Al Bushong sell the #16?

Where's Lanny Young?

And someone mentioned that Corpus Christi's Joshua McCain might be looking for a TPS ride?

Okay, guys and gals... speculate, contemplate, weigh in and let the TPS silly season rumors begin! B)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dad, I think if any old timer drove Lalo's car it definately wouldnt be you. I mean remember what you did in Jesse's car at THR? You wouldnt finish the first lap if he put an oldtimer, like you in it. lol He atleast makes it through the first lap without running anything over lol

Tory,

All I have to say is, I like probing rabbits, as my dad would call it after what happened at THR 2 years ago! :ph34r:

What about the Corpus bunch.... late start lineup??? Will we see Cody, Daniel and Nick hmmmmm inquiring minds wanna know. Sandovals, jesse and Lisa??? Will Smitty join us in the 6, How about Nellie in the 88??? Where's Gage in the 50 and how about hot rod himself Rico?? Will Cheese McCain join us or go play with the bombers??

A lot of questions, not many answers....

But if I can find cheap airfare to Texas over the winter I will have 5 cars ready for the first race next season. I can't guarantee that any will still be running for the second race....

And I will keep poking Tory with a stick until he gets his 01 Toyota ready for Adam to flip.

What about the Corpus bunch.... late start lineup??? Will we see Cody, Daniel and Nick hmmmmm inquiring minds wanna know. Sandovals, jesse and Lisa??? Will Smitty join us in the 6, How about Nellie in the 88??? Where's Gage in the 50 and how about hot rod himself Rico?? Will Cheese McCain join us or go play with the bombers??

joshua will be running a bomber ....but `who knows .we may put the old tps shark back together if enough parts show up to put her back out ...or stick him in one of your cars .ozzy..the boy can drive ..im sure the plan for the other two cars are to run em .with tps .

joshua will be running a bomber ....but `who knows .we may put the old tps shark back together if enough parts show up to put her back out ...or stick him in one of your cars .ozzy..the boy can drive ..im sure the plan for the other two cars are to run em .with tps .

Way to let the cat out of the bag Dad! I was just gunna leave it at the probing thing and leave them in suspense. Party pooper! :P

Way to let the cat out of the bag Dad! I was just gunna leave it at the probing thing and leave them in suspense. Party pooper! :P

look bud. your young ...i dont think you really understood the silly season thing ..the main headline here ....you cant believe everything you read ..lol ..

This silly rumor is correct,Larsen Aircooled Thunder Racing Engines will be back racing in 2012 with the Pro Sedans,currently working on one car,maybe two..................heres another rumor,Baytown Badboy Bill Stipe has even considered a return to come race with the Pro Sedans in 2012,he is currently restoring an old gasser drag bug,but misses the fever know as Circle Track Madness........for which there is no cure !!!!!!!....................stay tuned

This silly rumor is correct,Larsen Aircooled Thunder Racing Engines will be back racing in 2012 with the Pro Sedans,currently working on one car,maybe two..................heres another rumor,Baytown Badboy Bill Stipe has even considered a return to come race with the Pro Sedans in 2012,he is currently restoring an old gasser drag bug,but misses the fever know as Circle Track Madness........for which there is no cure !!!!!!!....................stay tuned

Randy, why you want to tell them people that? You know it isn't gonna happen.

But, if someone knows of a racing bug sitting in the weeds, looking for a new home, hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............That's why they call it the silly season.

281-635-3062

I will be at there for the TPS 2012 year! : ) looking forward to it .

See You Nellie 88

• 3 weeks later...
Rumor has it Bobby Burrows bought a new lighter than air chassis, and a 20,000 rpm ford motor. I also hear he is in negotiations for Nick Holts traction controll system. I also understand he's adding an accident avoidence system( them walls hurt). We shall see.....

I HEAR YOU HAVE A NEW ROD ..JUST NEEDS A DRIVER ...

Rumor has it Bobby Burrows bought a new lighter than air chassis, and a 20,000 rpm ford motor. I also hear he is in negotiations for Nick Holts traction controll system. I also understand he's adding an accident avoidence system( them walls hurt). We shall see.....

The only thing that car is lacking is shiny wheels and flames...

Oh, and I haven't got the $10,000 check from you yet for the down payment on the bargain basement price of only $100,000 for the 2012 Lighter Than Air Chassis.

And oh yeah. You know darn good and well that in the hands of a good driver the traction control system is totally unnecessary... Oh... wait... From what I hear you may want to consider the TC as an option... LOL

Nick

Don't worry Hi Tech I' ve added an anti spin out device to keep you from spinning me, it takes the forces you apply and transfers them to the car behind you. Nick the check is in the mail... this year is going to be funnnnn

I'll be waiting anxiously by the mail box, Bobby. ;)

Nick

Don't worry Hi Tech I' ve added an anti spin out device to keep you from spinning me, it takes the forces you apply and transfers them to the car behind you. Nick the check is in the mail... this year is going to be funnnnn

I'll be waiting anxiously by the mail box, Bobby. ;)

Nick

im sorry nick .but bobby sent the check to my house ..mail man problem again ...

Archived