Rules Meeting for New Class of Eceonomy Limited

This Wednesday at 7:00pm we will be having a meeting to discuss the new class for 2012. This class will be an economy style limited Modified. Basically will be a Limited Modified chassis with Street tires, stock motors, turbo 350 transmissions, stock exhaust, 2bbl 4412 carb, 2500lbs, rear percentage rule, strict affordable shock rules, etc......

Not everyone will be allowed to race this class, current front running limited modified drivers will not be allowed. If someone feels uncompetetive in the Limitreds and wants to back down that will have to be approved by STS officials. Brand new manufactured chassis will be frowned upon, we would prefer older cars be recycled and rebuilt for this class.

This will be a new class for 2012 at STS, hope to have all the rules completed at this meeting so we can post them and anyone wanting to start putting a car together can do so.

Owen

This should be an excellent class if you want to move into a limited style car, or if you are bringing a youngster up from the Go-Kart ranks this will be a good class to start. The cars will have plenty of adjustability within the suspension, yet be affordable from a motor aspect.

Come out and offer your 2 cents on Wednesday night.

Owen

This is way cool to hear. I like your approach to push the used cars, approving who can move down, street tires, stock motors, etc. It almost seems like turning the clock back 12 or so years to where the vision of limiteds seemed to originally emerge back then. We really enjoy the talent in the limiteds today, but what an cool approach to recycling cars and having something the tighter budget racer can get into. How awesome that someone could race a limited mod style car but do it with an economy approach in mind. Seems like a very smart approach to launch

Well interesting meeting last night, looks like we have about 8 driver committed to getting this off the ground.

Here are some high level rules that show where we are headed with this.

No Spoiler

70 Series Street Tires only

4412 2bbl only

Stock Exhaust manifolds into a 2" pipe minimum 36" of pipe

Turbo 350 Transmissions only

Max rear Gear allowed 2.41

170 lbs of compression

15" of Vacuum at 1000rpm

The valley has about 5 that i can think of off the top of my head. Had some real tanks down there

Can you find out year an makes please an give me a call or text with prices I'm 6,3 170 pounds if that might help narrow it down here's my number 3618762033

A simular class like this tried to start up in the houston area a few years ago. Rules sound very simular with the exception of the stock manifolds and they were topless to make them look differnt from the regular limiteds.

I hope this class has great sucess.

A simular class like this tried to start up in the houston area a few years ago. Rules sound very simular with the exception of the stock manifolds and they were topless to make them look differnt from the regular limiteds.

Yessir that is correct! Topless saves $ for sheetmetal. Wish luck with this class.

Will they allow Vortec Heads B)

THEY RUN THEM AT SPEEDARAMA & ARK-LA-TEX ON PULL-OFF'S . SOME GOOD RACING .

Archived