NEW 3/8 MILE DIRT TRACK

Julie Irwin-Cotton and Danny Bennett have successfully formed Dart Racing LLC to bring dirt track racing to Central Texas. Located at Hwy 290 E and CR 202 in Paige Texas, the Julie Irwin-Cotton Bowl Speedway will feature a 3/8 mile high banked clay oval. The Speedway will host a number of classes including the Julie-Irwin "HOPE" program (Helping Others Pursue Education). This is a 12 school program competing in a front wheel drive class known as the Big 12 showdown. Participating students will be required to work on their schools cars and keep the cars race ready. Scholarships will be awarded to all schools at the end of the race season. We will take you back to grass roots racing with our rustic themed facility featuring cedar buildings, stands and sky-boxes. With good food at great prices we plan to compete with mama's kitchen. We will bring you an exciting show, with a southern country feel without breaking the bank. Get ready for flying dirt, good food, and fast cars. We want to welcome everyone, race fans or future race fans, to the new and exciting Cotton Bowl Speedway. "The Greatest Cotton Pickin' Show On Dirt" Important Future Dates: *November 12 2011 @ 10:00 a.m -Ceremonial Ground Breaking *March 30 2012 (1st race) -Grand Opening Gates open at 5:00 p.m Racing starts at 7:00 p.m

Hey Danny you told me and Robert several years back at Edna you were going to do this! By gum you certainly did. I want to wish you luck & success! Alittle birdie told me a couple days ago this annoucement was coming this week and I am happy to see it has... From what I was told this is going to be a first class professional facility that racers can be proud of.

Charlie,

It is northeast of Bastrop about 15-18 miles or so; Paige is the first wide spot on 21 heading towards Bryan/College Station. County Road 202 crosses Hwy 290 about half way to Giddings, and about 5-6 miles east of where 21 and 290 intersect..

This is awsome news!! Hopfully the staff will great all racers with a welcome!! I promise ill make the very first race no matter what the drive!GR31

Yea no doubt, sounds like a road trip to me, thinking really hard about running there next year.

Yea no doubt, sounds like a road trip to me, thinking really hard about running there next year.

2 hrs is a good drive, we've done it too. 3 seasons at Texana driving from Bastrop. All in all well worth the drive in the end. 2008 track championship.

Drivers open discussion will be on November 12, around 10:30 to 11:00 am at the track, immediately following the ground breaking ceremony. Bring your tracks rules, an open mind, and possibly a chair. Lets get a good turnout so we can come to a conclusion on classes. Im ready to work on my car.

Drivers open discussion will be on November 12, around 10:30 to 11:00 am at the track, immediately following the ground breaking ceremony. Bring your tracks rules, an open mind, and possibly a chair. Lets get a good turnout so we can come to a conclusion on classes. Im ready to work on my car.

Free FOOD, Free DRINKS, tented off area.

I've been hearing rumors about this track and when I read this I got goose bumps! Woo hoo that's awesome, a dirt track in my back yard! "smithville" I am currently building a dwarf car for 2012 season but still have my 76 nova sitting at my dads, ready for a heart and a little makeup. "engine, paint" think it's gonna find a home at the dirt track considering I spent my younger years blasting dirt into the atmosphere every chance I had at my dads 1/8 mile dirt track. Think I'm gonna go for a little drive down 290 and see what I can see, man hope it goes well! I will help spread the news.

Archived