drag racing

supertx

Hey Zoom lets see you get behind the wheel of a 6,000 horsepower funny car and leave the line pulling more g's than the space shuttle taking off, and then keeping it straight for a 1/4 mile and then stopping it. Last time I checked that took a lot of skill. I watched a in car camera view of Cruz Pedregon the other day and he was sawing more on the wheel than a sprint car driver.

it's fun-done it myself-on asphalt and water-might even do it again-my best friends a sportsman drag racer and makes a living at it-he doesnt have a regular job-just drag racing-you know who i'm talking about supertx-and I dont know of any of my friends making a living circle track racing-

amen supertex and a big diesel pusher motorhome winnebago gives you free every year so you can stay cool and rest between rounds. lol :D:P be nice to have the deal he has-every racers dream-

A good friend of mine (now in his 50's) has been circle trackin' all his life, but did some straight linein' years ago. We went to the ProMod shootout in Houston a couple years ago. His brother is big in NHRA so he knows Sonny Leonard, Kenny Benso and all those guys. He was really giving them a hard time about exactly what most the comments are on this thread, so Leonard says "Ok big man, why don't you just make a pass...I'm sure Kenny wouldn't mind you using his car". He couldn't back out!!

To make a long story short, he made a 7.3 sec pass, popped the shute, exited the track and stopped. When we got to the car, he still couldn't talk and he couldn't get out of the car and stand up because his knees were still too weak. He said when the car came out of the whole it felt like a bomb had gone off - the next thing he remembers is the shift lite on, then a shift and another bomb. That's with a pass that was a second slower than the car will go.

I'LL JUST STICK TO BEING THE CAR OWNER AND CREW CHIEF ON A CIRCLE TRACK CAR AND LET YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT HOW BORING DRAG RACING IS!

Archived