$1000 BUCK SHOOTOUT

abrungot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a few of you should venture outside of I37 to see how big money races are handled by teams, tracks, and how they draw cars from all directions with alot of different rules coming together. If you dont pull as many out of town cars as there are locals then its not put together good enough or fair enough for all parties. Always a way to figure it out!

For next year (Shoot Out) this year to late ,Jim should allow us I-37 pure stocks ,run thunder stock motor rules ,solve all problems,since their motor rules are more open.What you think?

You know i have been trying to keep my mouth zipped!!! Look these tracks are open to who ever wants to race there bottom line i dont care who wants to b===== about it.Its funny how people want to get a good car count and when something comes up the cry about.All they have to do is tell us what the rules are and if we can go by them we`ll be there if not then you guys wont have anything to worrie about. Like i said earlier my son raced dirt before in hes mini sprint so we have some dirt back ground. Lets all get along and have a great time and race.Its about going out meeting new friends and family and race!!! :ph34r:

Obviously Donnie the topic at hand does not apply to you or your son! If the car fits in with the rules bring it in out. The more the better. We have been turned away at tracks for not having the equipment that their track allows. Just saying the cars need to follow the same rules and not be making exceptions that create unfair advantages. An I stand by my opinion that someones first time out should not be at any big money race. We would not do that to someone and except the same respect back.

A lot of tracks that run a big year end special "open" up the rules to allow other cars......Look at Waco's Fall Classic, or Killeen's Spooktacular...both are using the same open rules....It's called 'working together' with other tracks to allow their cars to come race....I know strange concept.....No one knows who has prior experience on dirt, asphalt, straight-lining or baja off roading for that matter....For the most part track experience equals out any mechanical differences that may arise....

You want to talk about non-pure, Pure Stocks....just look at the Fall Classic rules.....

Big money must generate alot of cars to pay for it. 20 or so cars does get it done you must open the rules a bit to get the car count. Stop thinking of it being an i37 race. Its a race hosted by i37 that hopefully will bring the best count possible because of what their wills will be.

Couldn't have said it better! This is a race hosted at I-37 Raceway. As a matter of fact, they just hosted one of these a few races back. It wasn't for big money but it was for a lot of bragging rights. That was for one class so you can imagine if you do it for multiple classes.

If you're good, then a newb on the track shouldn't be a problem, get around em and get to the front. When there is points battles, its usually the track regulars that cause the wrecks at the big last race.

Amen brother get around em and get on with it i never seen so many grown men cryin at once!!!!!

Obviously Donnie the topic at hand does not apply to you or your son! If the car fits in with the rules bring it in out. The more the better. We have been turned away at tracks for not having the equipment that their track allows. Just saying the cars need to follow the same rules and not be making exceptions that create unfair advantages. An I stand by my opinion that someones first time out should not be at any big money race. We would not do that to someone and except the same respect back.

Wouldn't do what to someone with what respect? Show up and race even though it's your first time? Who cares? Its home town dirt racing, not the Nascar sprint cup series. Nascar has the big money races. Put cars in the class where they best fit with the rules and be done with it. Well guess what, if those "out of town" cars didnt show up to race, you wouldn't have no "Big" money race so think about that.

SOME OF OUR LLM. FIT SOME TRACKS HOBBY STOCK RULES. SO I AM SURE THAT THE TRACK WILL TECH THE CARS AND FIT THEM IN TO THE CLASS THAT THEY FIT IN COMPARED TO OUR RULES. SOME OUT OF TOWM PURE STOCKS MIGHT FIT IN TO "OUR" STREET STOCKS! WHO KNOWS UNTIL THEY GET HERE . SO ALL YOU SOUTH TEXAS RACERS AND CENTRAL TEXAS RACERS "COME ON DOWN" OR UP. :lol:

I would just like to get an answer on what tires the THR Thunderstocks are required to Run...

Personally making us run the Goodyear is STUPID if your worried about wrecks... cuzz 0 traction on wet track.

Will be a 3400 lb NON turning Sled!

Aaron...I have personally ran a race where the rules were ungrooved asphalt tires with unlocked rear ends.....and they were fast.....don't judge it till you try it....I bet when the track slicks off you will have an advantage

Once Dry Slick i agree AJ with Hoosier 970..

Good Years have a Stiffer Side wall & don't handle Low Air very well before they start to seperate.

#1 issue is What will track conditions be Fri vs. Sat

#2 How long will the tires last before they blow with low pressures (anything below 15 lbs Cold)

I am not asking for favors, only fair Decisons...

And how do you come up with thats fair?

When I37 cars come up to THR we let them bolt on our track tire... don't make you run Dirt tires..

I would think the fair decision would be run your tracks tires. If you are going to run your rules, then run them all, dont pick and choose.

just mt 2 cents. Probably aint even worth that.

Making a THR car run there tire is 100% unfair!,Dont think thats what owners/drivers in the class want...Let them run our tires....They do have a better cam by far, so add some weight on that puppy and lets welcome them..I think most welcome the comp,just dont want to be at a DISADVANTAGE, when the big show comes along...Or just wave the cam rule for ALL of us....I hope MANY cars come from ALL OVER,,Its why we travel, love the big shows.....Frank t

Archived