$1000 BUCK SHOOTOUT

abrungot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not trying to cause a dispute or call anyone out, but for the last two years I ve been takin out by one of the thr boys. I was actualy told when I asked a certain driver wat he was doing out there he said "Im just here to tear some s**t up. Sure enought, first lap he drove threw tthree of us. I fractured my wrist and had to rebuild my ftontend. If u cant drive dirt or just want to tear some stuff up please stay home. This is an important race for some of us. Please respect our track and equiptment. We wouldnt go to ur track with intentions of tearing up equiptment.

Thanx.

Mikey

Alright.. since New Drivers seem to not Be welcome at I-37 I will take my car & Susan G. Breast cancer fundraiser Elsewhere!

P.S. Body doesn't look too tore up for 4 years on the car either!

Sorry to the drivers that invited me down.. really enjoyed earlier in the year when we took the Sportmod down too...

post-3-1317348448.jpeg

Nope... took it exactly how you wrote it..

"If u cant drive dirt or just want to tear some stuff up please stay home."

Never personally Raced Dirt... but have had people trying to get me to for 3 yrs... (Always turn the wrenchs for Terry & D)

Guess my first time won't be at your track, and personally won't even make the trip to watch now...

Waco Fall Classic has always welcomed us... Even when the first time there we had a car stuffed in the wall Fri Night.. we still came back!

Take it however u like, pull wherever u like. Im just one opinion, man. I dont represent i37. Dont be childish. Ur car looks great. Watched u drive. Ur a good driver, so wat makes u think my statement was aimed at u?

I will be out there, I have never driven dirt and I don't care what others think if a wreck occurs because of my inexperience. Gotta start someplace and purestock is low class to learn. I won't purposely cause a wreck and I never have but racing happens. Good luck to the cars near me.

I-37 Raceway is adding a South Texas Modified Championship race to the scheduled South Texas Sport Mod Championship race that is scheduled for Saturday, October 1. There has been sponsor money added to our regular winning so we have decided to make it a double header. We will be paying $700.00 for 1st place and $500.00 for 2nd place with the remaining money to be announced if we receive more sponsor money.

There will be a Test and Tune on Friday night, September 30th running from 5:00-10:00 with admission of $25.00 for car and driver and $15.00 pit passes. No vehicles permitted on track after 10:00 as track prep will begin. The concession stand will be open with a limited menu of hotdogs, hamburgers, chips and sodas. Overnight camping is permitted.

Race day gates will open at 3:00 with admission for car and driver at $50.00 and pit passes $25.00.

This will be NONSANCTIONED RACE with minor changes from the IMCA rules permitted.

ADDITIONAL RULES ADDED:

1. MUST OBSERVE IMCA TIRE RULE WITH SIPING AND REGROOVE ORIGINAL GROOVES ALLOWED.

2. ROLLER MOTORS ARE ALLOWED BUT MUST WEIGH 2500 POUNDS WITH

50 POUNDS IN FRONT OF THE MOTOR PLATE.

3. BODY FINS AND MAXIMUM 5" SPOILER ALLOWED.

4. QUICK CHANGE REAR END ALLOWED WITH A PULL BAR (SPRING OR BISQUIT)

BUT NO LIFT BAR.

QUALIFICATION WILL BE DONE BY TIME TRIALS WITH STARTING POSTIONS DETERMINED BY A REDRAW.

THE NUMBER OF REDRAWS WILL BE BASED ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES.

THERE WILL BE HOT LAPS ALLOWED.

*This will also be a regular race night for I-37 so all of our regular classes will be racing if anyone from other tracks would like to join in the racing fun*If questions, please call Jim at 210-367-6090.

Anyone looking to Run this race with a THR Thunder Stock... Figure would run Pure Stock?

If so what are the tire Rules? What tires can we run & Anything thing else we would have to do to our cars?

I can't answer your questions about what you can run but i do know that i37 is always open to new drivers, i'm sure hippy's reply was just out of frustration.

Nope... took it exactly how you wrote it..

"If u cant drive dirt or just want to tear some stuff up please stay home."

Never personally Raced Dirt... but have had people trying to get me to for 3 yrs... (Always turn the wrenchs for Terry & D)

Guess my first time won't be at your track, and personally won't even make the trip to watch now...

Waco Fall Classic has always welcomed us... Even when the first time there we had a car stuffed in the wall Fri Night.. we still came back!

Aaron,

Would you mind PMing me your # again? Jim wants to call and talk with you. Thank you for wanting to travel to run at I-37...

Mark

O.k. As I said, I dont represent i37. There ARE great people @ i37. Its my home track

And if I pissed sum people off, I apoligize. I know they invite cars from other tracks, and im aware there is always gona be first time drivers. I was simply saying that if your intentions are just to come out for one race & wreck equiptment, please dont. No matter wat track your from. Even if your from i37, asphalt, dirt, wherever. Sory, didnt mean to start a negative post.

Mikey

WELL I CAN TELL YOU GUYS I WASNT COMING OUT TO WRECK ANYONE. WE ARE COMING OUT TO HAVE FUN AND RACE WITH SOME PRETTY COOL GUYS I ALSO WAS INVITED BY A BUNCH I-37 RACERS. MY SON HAS RACED DIRT FOR TWO YEARS IN A MINI SPRINT AND HAS RACED ON 5 TO 6 DIRT TRACKS AROUND TEXAS AND AT THE MINI SPRINT NATIONALS IN TULSA. AND I KNOW IT WAS A 750 POUND MINI SPRINT BUT HE WAS GOING A LOT FASTER THEN YOU GUYS RUN. HE WON MOST OF HIS RACES AT I-37! I CANT MAKE A PROMISE SOMETHING WOULDNT HAPPEN WRECKS ARE A PART OF RACING AND WE ARE NOT OUT THERE TO WRECK OR HURT ANYONE.HOPE TO RACE WITH YOU GUYS SHOULD BE FUN!!!! AND IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO MY SON IS HIS NAME IS HUNTER MONTGOMERY! OH AND ARRON I WOULD LOVE TO GET YOU ON SOME DIRT!!!! :ph34r:

$1000 buck shootout in all classes including pure stocks, good chance there is going to be wrecks from the i37 regulars racing for that much money. The cars from other areas will simply add to the fun. Dont be scared everyone get out there and rub some paint off, you got all winter long to repaint the thing!

Dont think any i37 regulars are scared,Just dont want to give an advantage they dont get.....Like when the Street Stocks did NOT want to run against the I Stocks.....Were they SCARED,Or just did not like the disadvantage........Frank t
I agree, frank. But its weird how someone can voice an opinion on this forum and it gets twisted.. But I would also like to invite anyone to come out and sling some dirt. Some of our best drivers come from thr. Mark Roy won the pure stock championship a yr ago. Come on out aaron. Youll love it. Ill buy you a beer. After the race of course.

Archived