NickHolt

South Texas Shootout coming Dec 2 &3 at STS

Will be good to see you Jay. I am looking forward to this race, but I am thinking this might be my last race. Although I told Owen I would give him 5 more years. I am getting old. Too old to climb those steps. He has given me help this year. Someone carries my computer, etc up for me. I really like working for Owen, he is the greatest, so I will probably be around another 5 years. After he finishes the new back stretch, I am going to ask for an elevator to the scoring booth, don't think I will get, but what the hell I am going to ask.

Will be good to see you Jay. I am looking forward to this race, but I am thinking this might be my last race. Although I told Owen I would give him 5 more years. I am getting old. Too old to climb those steps. He has given me help this year. Someone carries my computer, etc up for me. I really like working for Owen, he is the greatest, so I will probably be around another 5 years. After he finishes the new back stretch, I am going to ask for an elevator to the scoring booth, don't think I will get, but what the hell I am going to ask.

Princess, I suspect Owen would heavily consider an elevator to keep you... Or, he would carry you up and down the bleachers each night if needed.... ;) ... Looking forward to our trip down there in December...

LOL @ Greg....We've talked before on another site and briefly at one of the TMS races....

Marcia you are a big asset to Owen and STS...I'm sure he'll do what he can to accommodate you....a can of Red Bull will give you wings....LOL

Street Stock Rules are as follows:

STS Street Stock Rules

I-37 Street Stock Rules

Edna Street Stock Rules

Goliad Street Stock Rules

Houston Area Hobby Rules

I think the CC Speedway Super Streets will fit into the I-37 Rules pretty well, just change tires and you should be elidgible for the most part.

If your car fits any of these rules it will be legal for the Shootout, we will tech to the rules you declare when you arrive.

Owen Pittman

maybe i need to find some tires and wheels

Bobby, I see intake, cam, and weight jacks with exerior mounted shocks.....oh and the sway bar mount being adjustable if you should decide to run one......I guess for this one race the CC Super Streets are invited.

Bobby, I see intake, cam, and weight jacks with exerior mounted shocks.....oh and the sway bar mount being adjustable if you should decide to run one......I guess for this one race the CC Super Streets are invited.

Greg, I think Bobby is refering to the I-37 Rules that are allowed for this race, only thing different is the intake.

Everyone will have to claim their track rules and we will tech to those rules for this race including the CC Speedway cars that choose to participate.

Owen

Very few I37 cars to full advantage of the full rules including myself. I am still running my SOS motor from year prior plus roller rockers. I also run stock mounted shocks. No rear weight jacks. So I am not saying there isnt cars with everything possible but the bulk of cars running their dont. Besides the g60 tires are a huge equalizer.

To avoid reading thru each tracks rules can someone tell me that would be in the know, Is a legal I-Stock eligible for this event?

To avoid reading thru each tracks rules can someone tell me that would be in the know, Is a legal I-Stock eligible for this event?

The last time a I-stock ran it had to run a 350 carb. That was Don out of Austin and Randy from SA.. Hope this helps

Just around the corner. We will not have the Pear Ratz, they will be replaced with bigger and better since they decided to cancel on us to go play for the same old crowd at Brewster Street. Not to worry there will be an awesome band playing on the 2nd.

We are less than 2 weeks out, wanted to clarify, at this point we are racing Limiteds and Street Stocks, we are considering Front Runners / Sport Compact race to help promote that class locally, if anyone is intested and has one please let me know.

Owen

Does the sport compack cars have to run under sts rules or can they run under there track rules