South Texas Shootout coming Dec 2 &3 at STS

NickHolt

Will be good to see you Jay. I am looking forward to this race, but I am thinking this might be my last race. Although I told Owen I would give him 5 more years. I am getting old. Too old to climb those steps. He has given me help this year. Someone carries my computer, etc up for me. I really like working for Owen, he is the greatest, so I will probably be around another 5 years. After he finishes the new back stretch, I am going to ask for an elevator to the scoring booth, don't think I will get, but what the hell I am going to ask.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will be good to see you Jay. I am looking forward to this race, but I am thinking this might be my last race. Although I told Owen I would give him 5 more years. I am getting old. Too old to climb those steps. He has given me help this year. Someone carries my computer, etc up for me. I really like working for Owen, he is the greatest, so I will probably be around another 5 years. After he finishes the new back stretch, I am going to ask for an elevator to the scoring booth, don't think I will get, but what the hell I am going to ask.

Princess, I suspect Owen would heavily consider an elevator to keep you... Or, he would carry you up and down the bleachers each night if needed.... ;) ... Looking forward to our trip down there in December...

Street Stock Rules are as follows:

STS Street Stock Rules

I-37 Street Stock Rules

Edna Street Stock Rules

Goliad Street Stock Rules

Houston Area Hobby Rules

I think the CC Speedway Super Streets will fit into the I-37 Rules pretty well, just change tires and you should be elidgible for the most part.

If your car fits any of these rules it will be legal for the Shootout, we will tech to the rules you declare when you arrive.

Owen Pittman

maybe i need to find some tires and wheels

Bobby, I see intake, cam, and weight jacks with exerior mounted shocks.....oh and the sway bar mount being adjustable if you should decide to run one......I guess for this one race the CC Super Streets are invited.

Greg, I think Bobby is refering to the I-37 Rules that are allowed for this race, only thing different is the intake.

Everyone will have to claim their track rules and we will tech to those rules for this race including the CC Speedway cars that choose to participate.

Owen

Very few I37 cars to full advantage of the full rules including myself. I am still running my SOS motor from year prior plus roller rockers. I also run stock mounted shocks. No rear weight jacks. So I am not saying there isnt cars with everything possible but the bulk of cars running their dont. Besides the g60 tires are a huge equalizer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived