Dinsmore, Swenson, Votion, Lyon, Okruhlik, Gaither win @ I-37 8/20/11

REB... When I saw my name in your write up I felt like I was cool!! And when I had my first win and saw your write up I saved it because you made me feel like a champ on top of winning.. So we need you to keep all of those that cant come to the track up to date nightly and for those you do interview it makes us feel good. Its important to everyone what you do even if someone doesnt agree with what you write because they dont know that your told what is goin on and that you dont make it up out of your perception. You do one helluva job.. Plus I like the Long hair... its a good look!! LMAO..

I agree with Matt.. I think to keep the car count up for the last three races and since points arent that important behind me and maybe with a small weight penalty or something to allow craig to run with us... I wouldnt be apposed as long as everyone in our class agrees to the penalty and as long as craig agrees to it.. Its just an idea I had to keep the fans watching a good field of cars...Craig is a great guy...With that being said I dont want anyone thinking im condoning anyone to jump the rules and not saying craig did it purposly, but this late in the season it turns to a show for the fans... We know the track is TECHING.. thats a plus.. Noone can say they arent.. But there is a bigger picture I think for the rest of the season.. and its the fans....If Im wrong please.. dont hit me.. Im fragile!!!! JK.

Well thank you for all the positive feedback....perhaps I jumped the gun....and should even expect criticism to a point...I commited to I-37/Eric for the remainder of the year with the exception of one or two big shows....and I try to be a man of my word....

Frank, you're right and I feel like I'm letting other tracks down at times....and maybe that played into my comment...unfortunately with the overlapping schedules it's not possible for me to be in as many places as I'd like to be.....Despite having a split personality....But I always respected you on comments made offline...

Ray/George....there was no intent/fault placed on either of your cars....I'll look to choose my words more wisely in the future....

Stephan/Woodway(Moore's)....Yes, winning helps get me to your pits after the races...Occasionally I do pick up a runner-up quote if I happen to speak to someone on my way to a winners pits....Usually some 'off the cuff' comment that sticks with me overnight...

As far as the Dancer/Jones incident....That's the way I saw it(and even way before it happened I knew it)...So I'll stick to my story on that....

For those interested, on Sept 17th I'll be at Texas Motor Speedway for the US Dirt Track Championships....If anyone would like to take a shot on writing that weekend....Step right up!...I can get you the unofficial RRW notebook and pencil starter kit....The laptop and recorder will be up to you as mine will be in Ft Worth that weekend....

It's been a long, hot summer for all of us(poor excuse, but true in some respects)....Between all the sites I post on/read there's just so much negativity being posted....More than in past years and not just on my stories, but other peoples results/write ups too....I know what it takes(work/timewise) to do all this.....and trust me it ain't as easy as you think....I don't begrudge anyone their opinions/comments....although if they're going to be negative, degrading, argumentative, etc., it would be nice if you just started your own thread to voice them...But I guess if you're commenting, it means you're actually taking the time to read it, even as long and wordy as it can be.

Soooooo...My apologies for going off like I did....

At risk of giving the boy a fatter head.........I admit that I also look forward to Reb's race write-ups......... And, dang it, even most of whatever else he writes. I probably need therapy.

Archived