Why?

crash_76

arob,please dont be angry at Michael.He and Donna are very nice people and he would give the shirt off his back.Hes just frustrated at how things are right now just like a lot of us long time CC people are.Its not his fault hes upset.There are still so many wonderful people there that I call friend.Michael is one.Im just playing around with him as are most of us here.Its part of what makes this sport fun.I hope he got a good laugh.I wish he could fix whats wrong.

Im still going to hide behind my screen name so nobody knows who I am. :lol:

Don't worry G.B., no one knows it's you!! lol

at the beginning i tried to get the tracks to work together and run together for a collective corpus sportmod point system... i don't know why it never came up. lack of the will to work together on the part of both tracks. sure wish there was a way for us to work together still but i don't see that happening sadly.

i went back and forth for the first half of 09. had alot of fun over there. but when i moved to waco didn't have time to convert the car every weekend. hell one week i ran CCS on saturday and STS on sunday. looks like we're getting somewhere though. this could be the start of something good.

Mr. Carlock,

I grew up going to most of the tracks south of Waco and visited a few at some point in time. My father and I are both racing fans and of course grew up going to CC Speedway and spending most of my life out there. This isn't a dirt vs asphalt argument so no "fence" to be on. Every time I see my dad, especially at a race track we both lament how much we miss San Antonio Speedway and even Longhorn Speedway because of all the great times we had at those tracks. Quite honestly, I prefer asphalt tracks as a spectator the sad truth is that they are disappearing as there are only what 4 left in the state? I wish CC would get their car count back up but it just hasn't happened since Owen left. Not to say he was the cure or curse. I grew up a block away from the Carlucci's, my sister charmed the Nichols family and I don't know how many pictures I have of me sitting in various cars and 95% of the time they were in asphalt cars. I know how important your family is to CC Speedway and racing in Corpus and I know that you've driven both tracks. Cody, I'd love to see a cooperation between the two tracks in all classes. The four cylinders didn't go well at the dirt track either the last time they tried it either. Again for whatever reason they seem to be dying out. I just recently drove a car for the first time this past weekend and although I knew it was the slowest car out there it was a blast when a buddy let me hop in it. We've both been talking about taking it to CC as well sometime and if anything for the respect of the history of the track. I may be buying a bomber real soon and next year I'd like to take it to CC a few times depending on the finances. It's a nice option to have both tracks running and it can work and hopefully it does. My screen name is a few years old but I won't hide my identity either, best of luck to both tracks.

Jon Hutchinson

I don't remember you asking sport mod but we are game, same rules opposite weekends and Dan can pick the weekends he wants, no problem, I am more than willing to work with everyone. How about it Dan same rules in all classes let's move on this great for the fans.

My car sucks but hell I'm down as long as we could get 1 weekend a month off all season for some family time cause for next year that's what my kids need. Damn that means I really need to work on my dirt driving..... Maybe a car with some setup an not none will work better then how I ran the last time

It would be great if tracks could work together and have common rules.The reason IMCA is the most successful sanctioning body for short tracks in the USA is because of common rules.The success of modidieds and limiteds is because of that.

My main intrest is and always has been with 4 cyl cars.Mainly because thats what my profession has always been.I dont agree 4 cyls are dying out.On the contrary they are expanding everywhere.Im not only in Corpus but all over the country.Thunderhill,I37 and Houston Motorsports Park have a good field and good shows.Tracks that manage them properly are enjoying them.

I have raced 4 cyls at every level for many tracks under many promoters.Those that promote them and treat them as equals are where the cars are.I have also watched them desinigrate many times so I know how the deal works.Sadly most V8 guys do not understand the mini racer.These people largely will never race a V8 car for many different reasons usually because of resourses.A few go on to be successful in racing business but most quit when their program is over.So lets not be too quick to thown them under the bus.Around the world they thrive especiall on road courses.At the drag strip their being seen more often and really getting fast.Why are they missing at oval tracks?Racing is done by car lovers,not racing lovers.Racing lovers are fans but to build a car and race team you have to love CARS.The majority of 4 cyl car lovers,people who spend money and work to improve their cars dont have any represenitave on the ovals.A tuner car owner is just not intrested in a late model or modified.They might enjoy them but its not their intrest.

This brings me to my next point.I study rules from all over.Basically there are 2 types of minnies.Full blown race cars and totally stock.The race cars are dying out because of the cost.They are fast but expensive and the prize money usually goes to the big cars.Most racks like the stock types because they are inexpensive to make.They also take very little prize money although their pit passes cost the same.So in large numbers they suppliment prize money for big cars.They are fun to drive and easy to maintain.

Almost every track has some form of 4 cyl cars now.So the popularity is growing.Their success will depend on good leadership and promotions.When you see the hot rod acuras,Hondas,Mitsubushies,BMWs,and the likes in the pits parked together and racing something on the track,you found the 4 cyl car lovers.And builders.Thats the real challange.

Dan I am genuine in my offer to work together if we ran opposite weeks South Texas drivers and fans would benefit.

OWEN PITTMAN

Hope this turns out well. Working together without butting heads would be a good thing.

IF BOTH OF YOU ARE SERIOUS AND WANT A MEDIATOR, LET ME KNOW I WILL BE WILLING TO HELP OUT ON THIS.

IF BOTH OF YOU ARE SERIOUS AND WANT A MEDIATOR, LET ME KNOW I WILL BE WILLING TO HELP OUT ON THIS.

Don, Can you see if you can get in contact with Dan? I've been thinking about setting up a meeting between Dan & Owen. But I wasn't sure if I wanted to be the mediator haha. Thank you for stepping up.

Owen, way to step up to the plate!!

I have seen Owen, as well as MANY dirt track fans, racers, pit members at CCS during off weeks supporting that track.. I see no reason why the tracks cannot work together, and it appears the offer has been put on the table. It does appear that the drivers are for it. Same rules, equal enforcement of rules, run opposite weekends and run the points 3 ways (dirt points, asphalt points, and combo points), not all drivers can run every week, and not all would want to bounce back and forth so you have to allow for that. I would LOVE to see this happen!!!!

David Elliott

In defense of Mike, I have been there and I can see why he is frustrated. Hell I am frustrated as well and am guilty of being a big part of the "War of Words". I am just ready for this "War" as it has been called to be over. I'm sorry Mike if it looked like i was throwing you under the bus. That is not my intention. It just would benefit both tracks if we could work together.

WELL ITS BETTER TO GET THIS OUT .AND OVER WITH .......I READ SOME OF GB .S POST ..DANG I HAD TO AGREE ON ALOT OF HIS POINTS .....FIRST TIME .......BUT FOR THE BETTER OF RACEN AS A WHOLE ..THE BS NEEDS TO STOP . AS IT IS NOW STS HAS THE UPPER HAND IT DOES NOT HAVE TO EXTEND AN INVATATION TO WORK IT OUT WITH CC ..BUT THE INVITE IS THERE ..TAKE IT WORK IT OUT .....THE DRIVERS TRACKS NEED TO START ALL OVER. NEW FRESH START ..THOSE WHO CANT START OVER .DONT NEED TO BE INVOLVED WITH RACEN ......THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT NOW .DO THE DRIVERS .MANAGERS HAVE WHAT IT TAKES .....WE WILL SEE ..IVE THOUGHT THIS OVER ..CC NEEDS TO RUN EVERY OTHER WEEK .

HT,I just got up off the floor after reading your post.We agree on something????

Its amazing to me how a thread starting with Thunder cars can bring so much attention.1700 views and 55 posts.Looks like Thunder cars still have a huge influnce at least on computers. :lol:

Now let me understand.We agree thunder cars future is in jepordy.And the future for 4 cyls at CC lies in frontrunners.So whats the answer?Let the Thunders go,as a group they have a place to run a few blocks away if they want.Then put some serious effort into the frontrunner class at CC.That means you too.Hustle up more cars,intrested parties,sponsoe money and involvement.Dont just wait for something to happen,push it along like I have been doing for years with Thunders.Do you know how Thunders came to corpus? When Dan announced ministocks were going to be dropped in 2000,I brought him a set of Thunder rules straight from RGS where they had enjoyed great success.Rather than just do away with 4 clys,he agreed to give this a try.It was very similar to frontrunners but included RWD.Now because of whatever your at that crossroad again.Somebody needs to step up and LEAD this FR deal,its not going to do it by itself.Since your son is very involved,that means YOU step up.These cars are simple so get more friends involved.Talk to your Pro Sedan friends,get them to throw one together and play some.Anybody you know.Keep selling this thing.Try to get the track to put the Thunder car purse into FR cars too.Take charge.

Get people to quit fighting over a class nobody wants anymore.Its like getting jealous over an ex-wife.Put all that energy to promoting frontrunners and watch it grow.

Sometime threads that bring up controversial subjects, like this one, turn out well with better understanding among all parties acheived.

Sometimes not. And I am editing or deleting a few of the "pot stirring" posts above...

Frankly, I nearly deleted this whole thread, but there are enough positive comments sprinkled in among the negative ones that I have hope that this thread will turn into a valuable tool to build bridges between the two Corpus Christi tracks. I was most encouraged to see an sincere offer from one manager to work with the other. This is good.

Nick

I have stated multiple times in this thread that I would like to see both tracks do well. ...If either car we have would be legal/competitive at CCS, we would have run there a few times this year. Our bomber which is STS legal, is not legal at CCS, and would involve too much work to swap back and forth with the current rules in place. Our pure stock would not be competive in the super street class wither, and would just be getting in the way do to a difference in rule packages. If the rules were equal, I guarantee you we would run both tracks. ...As I said earlier I understand that your Dad built CCS, that is great, BUT if you are a true racer/race fan, you would support racing as whole. Remember, your Dad built CCS as a dirt track didn't he?? Dirt, ashpalt, oval, road course, it is all racing and if racing is actually in your blood then you should support it anyway possible. Regardless, not choosing sides, Owen from STS has put the offer on the table to work with CCS, and let them even have say so on the scheduling which I believe is a fair, sincere offer. The ball is now in CCS's court, specifically Dan Monroe as it is ultimately his call.

What a shame that some of the supporters of these two fine Corpus Christi tracks can't get along. Bitterness and hatred is destructive. Cooperation and good will is what's needed to keep both tracks healthy.

Nick

Archived