Thunders at Corpus Christi speedway

BJ34

Crawfishing at it's best

lmao.....shark fishing to .......as much as i want to ramble on aboult the shows and no shows in this class for what ever reason ...i will step aside at this point .there is no point anyway in any more bs ....the drivers need to meet period ..get over the bs finger pointing and work something out ..see yah at the track

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry everone I guess I spent to much time on computer and not enough on car something is out on steering turns then locks dont want to hurt anyone or myself maybe in two weeks see you at the races

it's a shame...oh well...

wake up call ... we got one in 1989 from frank // FIX IT OR PARK IT ....... five cars left ... ..seems to have repeated itself ..back then everyone was pointing fingers .fighting .wrecking each other ..cheating ..cost was to high...so on so on looks like the same story today .. ..only differents now..we have internet ..word of mouth back then ...we thought it was the end ...until frank carpenter .steven carpenter and i .went to work ........today is no different ...

it's a shame...oh well...

wake up call ... we got one in 1989 from frank // FIX IT OR PARK IT ....... five cars left ... ..seems to have repeated itself ..back then everyone was pointing fingers .fighting .wrecking each other ..cheating ..cost was to high...so on so on looks like the same story today .. ..only differents now..we have internet ..word of mouth back then ...we thought it was the end ...until frank carpenter .steven carpenter and i .went to work ........today is no different ...

internet just makes it easier to argue and point fingers nowadays. What all racers/people involved in racing need to figure out is that the tracks rely on you being there to make a show, with no cars no show, no show no track.. Then you have a car you gotta drag 2 hours out of town to race. Corpus is lucky enough to have 2 tracks, whether you like them both or not, everyone needs to stick together to keep them both going.. Obviously the class appears to have been dropped from CC, STS offered to let mini stocks run the rest of the season, but yet certain individuals want to complain about that.. How is that possible, you are offered a place to race and want to complain about it?? I guess some people have enough $$$ to build a car for a yard decoration instead of using it for its purpose.. I'm not trying to sway anyone to or away from either track, as they are 2 different tracks, BUT: if all the people involved in racing do not put diffferences aside, and start to work together to better the racing community as a whole before long there wont be any racing.. I do not know the entire story about why the Thunders are shutdown, I have heard mixed things about it. If it is because cars are unsafe and not being allowed on track, that is a legitimate reason, if rules are being changes mid season and cars are no longer legal, thats a different story. Honestly I don't really care what the reason is, that is insignificant if the drivers do not intend to work together to make the class work..

Tracks rely on you being there to make a show ....more drivers need to work harder at getting along ..hard to do .but can be done ..and you dont have to like each other... alittle respect on the track goes along way .alittle give and take dont hurt either .. problem arises when all of those are not implemented ....

Thunder cars have gone by the way of the ministocks of pre 2000 and for the same reason.You cannot expect the racers to regulate themselves.I watched this program detoriate year after year always as a result of rules meetings and modifications.Now its exactly like Congress,nobody gets along and the president does not lead.By compairison imagine Obama firing the House and Senate because they are too much work to deal with.

When the ministocks were cancelled,there was an alternative.Thunder cars.Today there still is an alternative.Frontrunners.It means starting over but so did the original Thunder cars.So race a frontrunner or quit.The choice is yours.Thunders started with 4 cars after everyone quit.Did not like the new rules.The track stuck to its guns and eventually thunders became a great success.Until the drivers started to regulate themselves again.And here you are.

Get rid of all the negative words like BLAME<FAULT<CHEAT<ON PURPOSE<ETC<ETC> You cant build ANYTHING with hate.

I didn't read the whole thing but if 350 carb is needed i have one to loan or sell. Let me know I just wanted to see more cars there then were there last night. We broke 6 teeth in the ring gear of the rear end in the heat race and after looking at it decided to put it back together and just make the feature for car count. 350 carb available if needed.

Clare

This is really simple.The track dictates what classes it wants to run number one. Then the track sets the rules for those classes.Don't like the rules , don't race.The track should not change rules during the season either.Drivers cannot set rules as what has been going on is the result.Dan , if I were you I would run bomber , super street and modified and thats it.If you want to add a class then do a bomber , pure stock , super street and modified and be done with it.Seems like all you would lose is a headache.

Thunders,

Take your cars and throw on some Hoosiers and come run with the Pro Sedans. If you need some I have a few take offs. I'm sure Johnny and Lalo do too. you'll run 35 lap features. We are a great series to race with.

Ozzy

Thunders,

Take your cars and throw on some Hoosiers and come run with the Pro Sedans. If you need some I have a few take offs. I'm sure Johnny and Lalo do too. you'll run 35 lap features. We are a great series to race with.

Ozzy

JMO, Ozzy has a good point. If you have been in the sport as long as myself, hitech, CRT and Thumper and many others you should know that you will need to make changes to your car along the way. Rules DO change and that is usually for the best of the class. If you are not willing to make changes to your car to keep a class going then maybe you should go into an organized class....like Texas Pro Sedans. I moved into the Sport Mod class myself so that if did not like what happens at one track I have a car that will be legal at many other tracks, be it sactioned or outlawed.

Thunders,

Ozzy

ozzy you own so many cars .you dont have enough drivers ..so why not bring me or jesse one of em ..lol

Thunder cars have gone by the way of the ministocks of pre 2000 and for the same reason.You cannot expect the racers to regulate themselves.I watched this program detoriate year after year always as a result of rules meetings and modifications.

1990 through 92 .the drivers regulated themselfs .90 percent of the drivers loved the set up ..out of respect .i wont go into details here

..just need enough that meet the rules as they started the season with .... some spent the money to change for those rules ..so change the parts and join in ..or is that to hard ..costly .if you need parts .ask and someone may have what you need ...as for fighting for thier class .. where have those other cars been all year ..funny how they want to save the class now ..only if they can run what they brung ..i dont think that is right . and no its not of being afraid of getting beat ..it goes much deaper than that .......its aboult whats right ....good luck in the bombers and next week ..

The yellow cars were deemed illegal at the start of the year, Daneil quit, Cody got sport mod and I have my bomber. There for we had other priorities. I blew the motor in my bomber a few weeks back so ima gonna hop in our free spare car and try to help the thunders now. not much shame there. cya at the track.

..just need enough that meet the rules as they started the season with .... some spent the money to change for those rules ..so change the parts and join in ..or is that to hard ..costly .if you need parts .ask and someone may have what you need ...as for fighting for thier class .. where have those other cars been all year ..funny how they want to save the class now ..only if they can run what they brung ..i dont think that is right . and no its not of being afraid of getting beat ..it goes much deaper than that .......its aboult whats right ....good luck in the bombers and next week ..
seriously...... no ones spent any new money on anything throuout the class to change for those rules, the only ones looking at spending any money is the latestart team, the cost of building two new heads is just not worth it for a class that doesn't pay out much and that's coming from someone who does there own machine work (ie it is free minus bought parts if you own the machines) and this "doing what's right" in my opinion is looking for cars and options to save the class even if it takes "run what you brung". you say it's not because of of being scared of losing but I'd be willing to bet a serious challenge for the sandovol teams points race may have an influence in letting the class die...

seriously...... no ones spent any new money on anything throuout the class to change for those rules, tho only ones looking at spending any money is the latestart team, the cost of building two new heads is just not worth it for a class that doesn't pay out much and that's coming from someone who does there own machine work (ie it is free if you own the machines) and this doing what's right in my opinion is looking for cars and options to save the class even if it takes run what you brung. you say it's not because of of being scared of losing but I'd be willing to bet a serious challenge for the sandovol teams points race may have an influence in letting the class die...

well why dont you ask sandovals that very question .. why they voted no ..it may supprise you ..........and i can bet it has nothing to do with points .ill bet lunch on that ..

....NO one spent any money on anything .ARE you sure .Really sure aboult that. I BUILT THOSE MOTORS .SO I KNOW ALITTLE MORE THAN YOU THINK .... You dont know much aboult racen and rule changes i quess ...... here is a hent .. ..HE pulled a really high dollar head off for this class lets say over five thousand dallors worth ,,, alot more than you have to loose its.sitting sealed up ..i may add ,then built a stock head ..if i remember right .it didnt cost that much ..why for the class ..funny purse was never a thought or loss of money in what he already had .. saveing the class was more inline as ..too no shows ........you sound like a politiction.... it aint my fault if it goes bad . blame someone else ..sandovals looks to be your pick here ... you may look in the mirror here and puts some blame on yourself for not helping this class from the start of the season ...and now you want to be the savior and worried aboult this class dieing .... personaly daniel.. i dont have a problem with you .i think your a nice guy ..but the way you think here is one problem with this class ..obviously ..and here is a point to ponder ..what would you think it would have cost for new comers to build a fast car .with last years rules .verses what the rules that are in place this season .....ON HEAD RULES .

Archived