Thunders at Corpus Christi speedway

BJ34

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off let me start by apologizing to Dan and Kandy for any undue heartache I may have caused them by taking the Thunders off the schedule. They did not tell me to take Thunders off but I was there when the drivers were told they were being canceled till the car count was increased, so I assumed taking them off would be the thing to do. As for the drivers, I appreciate your concern about your chosen class and commend those of you that are trying to do what is necessary to bring the car count up so they have a place to race, and for those of you that are acting like a 2 year old........ SHAME ON YOU! Just Saying!

Somebody needs to clarify something for me. What is going on? No more aluminium heads?

The class is done for the rest of the year unless they can get 8 or more cars to come out.

WOW CHEEZE YOU ARE QUICK THERE.

havent you noticed ..on the track to ....ouch ..

I called the number I have for Dan and left a message Have not had a repley going to try in few mins and see if he answers and will try to get back to you Cody I say yes but there are other people that might say no

how many cars are yall at right now?

I dont know No one post that they will be there or not does anyone know about Tommy has he got his car fixed or is he done till next year

The 81 said he had made other plans after he was told we were not racen paul has not worked on the 06 so I dont have a clue if he will be out

if half the people that are registered in this class would show there wouldnt be this problem it would be great to see all the people run in this class that still have cars but there pride will not let them i guess but i hope we can get the car count back up and put on a show i will do my best too get the two cars i have out there this weekend..

if half the people that are registered in this class would show there wouldnt be this problem it would be great to see all the people run in this class that still have cars but there pride will not let them i guess but i hope we can get the car count back up and put on a show i will do my best too get the two cars i have out there this weekend..

IF EVERYONE WOULD GET TOGETHER ..TALK THINGS OUT .PUT THE PAST BEHIND THEM ....THINGS MAY WORK OUT ..BUT UNTILL YAH DO THAT ..THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PROBLEMS .HOLDING THIS CLASS BACK .....TPS DRIVERS COMUNICATE ......NOT ALWAYS ON THE SAME PAGE BUT GET ALONG ALOT BETTER THAN ANY CLASS ANY WHERE ...AND IT ISNT JUST THE MANAGER THAT HOLDS THAT TO BE TRUE .THE DRIVERS HAVE TO WANT TOGET ALONG .AND THEY DO .....

Please allow me as a long time race fan to reply.The biggest problem with this class is the big disparity in speed between the cars. For years it has been 2 or 3 cars(usually1) head and shoulders above the rest.This has to be discouraging to the rest of the competitors.Granted those two or three should not be blamed for doing their homework but I feel this class should be a stepping stone class , not one to make a career out of.The best racing I have seen fom a mini class was at Texana Speedway in Edna where I think they have a 15 YO age limit.I have also heard of some folks spending some pretty good bucks on this class , something I think is not what this class should call for.Can this class be saved? Yes.If it becomes like Texana or what the new class sounds like it is going to be.Those who want to trick it up should join TIDA which is and has been a great group. Just thought I'd throw that out here and I mean no disrespect to any racer in this class.Anyone who puts out the effort to build , work on and race is to be applauded regardless of opinions and personal feelings.

i got no beef with any one at all even tho some might think that i can put the past out to pasture time to have fun and enjoy the sport we love and things do happen out there on the track but we should pull together and help each other than getting mad and trying to get even one day we may not have this to do any more so you should enjoy it while we still can remember rubbing is racing not wrecking

Let them run for the remainder of the year, just to save the class! I'm with Bruce, adopt the TPS rules for next year, if every thing goes well.

Fred I think this is the 2nd time within a year that you have agreed with me. Are you OK?

Archived