2011 South Texas Street Stock Shootout

We have discussed with Owen about adding STS as a 4th race track for next years 2012 South Texas Street Stock Shootout! This years races are being held at Shady Oaks Speedway, Texana Raceway Park and I37 Raceway with the 1st race coming up July 23rd at Shady Oaks Speedway. The tracks will tech all drivers to their home track rules. There are differences and advantages to each set of rules but on the track they blend very well and create some great competition! Owen will be announcing letting the pure stocks off so those teams if decide too can compete and represent STS on July 23rd. Already a couple drivers have signed up and plan to race. History tells everyone STS has some great drivers but with your current rule package you have been bringing a knife to a gun fight. Your promoter Owen wants to see his drivers have good chance at not only racing but racing for a chance at winning. We are allowing STS registered cars the option of running the limited 500 tire for these 3 races. Its not manditory in any way to change or even compete. Its all optional, but our efforts is to bring all the area drivers together for some awesome races and not allow any particular track nor team have an unfair advantage. So even though the invite has already been extended it is now a real opportunity. We wish you guys luck and if you have any questions please direct them via pm to myself or Monty Chamberlain.

Here is the link to all information, race format, sponsors and listed drivers as to date.

http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/forums/in...showtopic=42779

The STS pure stocks will not be on the schedule for the July 23rd event, on that night I would like to extend an invitation to the Limited Late Models we would be willing to pay the same as I-37, we only put this out because I-37 is not racing that night and several drivers have called about running some nights

Good luck STS pure stocks.

Also we are for sure going to look at this street stock style race for our 2nd Annual South Texas Shootout in December

Also we are for sure going to look at this street stock style race for our 2nd Annual South Texas Shootout in December

Owen - That would be awesome. We had a very good time down in the valley last year doing the November event with our stock car (granted, I got in some serious trouble with Lauren for some damage on her car.. :( ...). STS is a much closer distance for us to drive and we'd try to come for all days of the event, including practice... I love racing on that track, so I'm gonna have to do some serious talking with the girl to let me run the car for that one... :blink: .... Hope you're able to add them. We'll keep our ears open and eyes peeled for information later down the road...

Archived