Track Conditions

Taz Racing

You're right Gary, they have been doing a great job preparing the track. We've had anywhere from 50 to 90 cars racing not counting go-carts. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, things just don't work out the way you had hoped, but it's not from lack of effort. As far as you being senile- are you sure you have been putting that alchohol in the car. :lol:

A few weeks back we went to practice on a Thursday. Eric had just finished putting all the water he had on the track. BELIEVE ME, WE COULDNT PRACTICE. We ran in 3rd gear instead of second just to keep from spinning so much. If Thursday is the only day he can go water because of work or family issues then understandable. If more water is possible them I am willing to go out 1 evenng a week and do it myself to help out. Like I said earlier, if that track stays the way it was last week more cars will stay and more will show up. It was awesome.

I agree! Thats the fastest I have ever run I know that much!

Maybe rolling the top in after heat races with the big tires. Seen a few bad wrecks with cars hitting the loose stuff coming off four, and the track has rutted up like that before, but not all the time. Rolling the top in and getting rid of the ruts would make for some good 3 and 4 wide racing. Would be one heck of a show. And plus Erics an asphalt racer! He's new to the dirt and is doing a pretty good job in prepping the track.

just a thanks from the 28 crew, for all the work everybody does, i have no complaints at all for me the track was fast and keeping the dust down was great and jim said they took that first inch or so of sand off and that made a great surfacehad a great time and we appreciate the hard work waddy

just a thanks from the 28 crew, for all the work everybody does, i have no complaints at all for me the track was fast and keeping the dust down was great and jim said they took that first inch or so of sand off and that made a great surfacehad a great time and we appreciate the hard work waddy

Hey waddy...Awesoem run sat night!! we were trying to catch ya!! lolol.. car looked good.

Maybe rolling the top in after heat races with the big tires. Seen a few bad wrecks with cars hitting the loose stuff coming off four, and the track has rutted up like that before, but not all the time. Rolling the top in and getting rid of the ruts would make for some good 3 and 4 wide racing. Would be one heck of a show. And plus Erics an asphalt racer! He's new to the dirt and is doing a pretty good job in prepping the track.

I agree wade!! Hey also... you wanna be the next constestant on the Tribute Challenge??? lol... Car looks fast bro...

You're right Gary, they have been doing a great job preparing the track. We've had anywhere from 50 to 90 cars racing not counting go-carts. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, things just don't work out the way you had hoped, but it's not from lack of effort. As far as you being senile- are you sure you have been putting that alchohol in the car. :lol:

Now thats funny!!!!

I LIKE DRY

Dry slick is one thing but dusty is another. From what I'm putting together from these posts is the track had just enough moisture in it without tearing up any equipment. I would be willing to bet most fans would rather see a track like this past weekend than a dry or dusty track or a dry slick track. Sure a dry slick track puts more in the drivers hands but look at the Prelude to the Dream; professional drivers couldn't hardly handle those kinds of track conditions much less a regular working man that races.

Outside of the ruts, I don't think you could have asked for a much better racing surface for fans or drivers.

I hardly call those guys professional dirt track drivers. Some are questionable professional asphalt drivers! But you make a good point dry isnt an issue but dust and wind direction could be a huge issue. With the way the summer is going I expect it to get nothing but drier. Very little if any amount of water put on by a truck can hold up and soak into the track in this heat!

I hardly call those guys professional dirt track drivers. Some are questionable professional asphalt drivers! But you make a good point dry isnt an issue but dust and wind direction could be a huge issue. With the way the summer is going I expect it to get nothing but drier. Very little if any amount of water put on by a truck can hold up and soak into the track in this heat!

Professional in the respect that driving a race car is their primary job...LOL...I do agree with you though.

THEY ARE TRYING FOR SURE ...SOMETIMES THEY MISS ...BUT THAT DIRT TRACK PREP IS NOT A REAL SCIENCE .... :blink: ANYWAYS I ALWAYS LIKE A GOOD DRY SLICK TRCK AS LONG AS THERES MULTIPLE GROOVES ... :ph34r: AND SOMETIMES WITH THIS DIRT IT CAN GET TO SLICK AND CAUSES MANY CAUTIONS AND A START IN THE FRONT STAY IN THE FRONT RACE ...AND THE DUST SUCKS :blink: LOL ANYWAYS THEY GET MY AWARD FOR EFFORT ;)

i think packing the track is a judgment call as far as how long to pack for sure! i think all classes except frontrunners should pack but start w llm's for a few laps then bring all other classes for as many laps as necessary! track was def more fun for me cause there was options for traction even though i only ran 5-6 laps!damn right front got cut on start of race! people gotta look down sometimes

Archived