2011 South Texas Street Stock Shootout

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Picking up steam by the hour. If you've followed dirt track racing, especially in Central Texas, the name Egbert is synonymous with dirt track racing. The series largest sponsor "Dynamic Race Craft" has secured two Egberts to pilot their Street Stock Entries. Trevor Egbert will pilot one entry and GW Egbert will pilot the other. This is exciting all the way around!!!

This is still only a scratch of the total package that is coming together. Lots more coming down the pipe so stay tuned.

I have to say - as a fan - that I'm going to find away to attend these shows. I won't get on my soapbox - I'll just say it's nice to see tracks working together for a change. It would be cool if something like this could be arranged for other divisions as well.

It sort of reminds me of my days in the Northeast when they used to run a very successful Tri-Track championship series (Flemington, NJ, Middletown, NY, Nazareth, PA) for the modifieds. They were 100 laps races and each track would shut down on the weekend another was having their event. The series happened once in the spring and again later in the fall. It was awesome.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Shady Oaks on the 23rd.

Ya know, I hate to be an a$$, but its clear the first two tracks are going to allow ANYBODY to drive this race. Any one that puts a so called (shoe) in thier car is obviously wanting and attempting to win all 3 races. Appears Jim at I 37 doesnt want that as it has been stated that I 37 is the only hold up. He either needs to decide not to let it happen at his track, or concede immediatly so all of us that have made plans for months can look for other options. I will admit we fell we have the car to win all 3 races. I will also admit we intend on useing Gregg Dinsmore to do it with. If no shoes are allowed we will be happy to use our normal rookie and normal driver if all the rest do. How could Jim expect ANY rookie or reguler driver that isnt WELL experianced to race against all of these so called shoes that are supposedly going to be running this class? Further more, it would not be unethical to let these so called shoe run two races in hopes to win it all and be told they cant run the last one.We need answers QUICK Jim. Co owner I37 street stock # 93, Jamie Fuller

First off....after seening greg try to attack stephan a few weeks ago...I sure hope you talk to him and make sure he is driving for the right reasons.....now....about drivers....there is no rules on who can drive in street stocks....and this is not enforceable.....I can't see any track making a new rule midseason....so I am sure he will retract his statement....I personnaly hope we get several ringers....always makes for a great show....and I am hoping the unbeatable torres gets a car......AJ

lmao are you kidding me i have never got on the track with anything like that in mind :angry: your a fool to say the least ;):blink: and to say i would do that even makes you more of a fool :lol::lol: and after what i saw on the track sat you should have drove over and hit the water truck thats the only thing i seen that you didnt hit lmao

First off....after seening greg try to attack stephan a few weeks ago...I sure hope you talk to him and make sure he is driving for the right reasons.....now....about drivers....there is no rules on who can drive in street stocks....and this is not enforceable.....I can't see any track making a new rule midseason....so I am sure he will retract his statement....I personnaly hope we get several ringers....always makes for a great show....and I am hoping the unbeatable torres gets a car......AJ

only from aj lmao

lmao are you kidding me i have never got on the track with anything like that in mind :angry: your a fool to say the least ;):blink: and to say i would do that even makes you more of a fool :lol::lol: and after what i saw on the track sat you should have drove over and hit the water truck thats the only thing i seen that you didnt hit lmao

I hit the water truck before the races....lol

I have deleted my post from last night with regard to my feelings on the "ringer" subject. My post contained my personal thinking in general about this class and was probably inappropriate. I apologize for my post and should not have posted my thoughts as I should remain focused on the series itself and not the "ringer" subject, but I slipped and did exactly what I stated we are not going to do in having an opinion about a track's decision. I apologize to all for that..... I-37 has established a good program this year which is very evident with the attendance numbers. We need to center back on the positives of that fact and the positives about this series that took off like wild fire. While I might have my own personal feelings on a final decision rendered by the track, I will respect whatever the decision is for I-37 and continue to do what I can to energize this incredible series.

Everyone, please help us in focusing on the positives of this series and support whatever decision I-37 renders. Also, please help us in keeping this thread on subject with with regard to the series.

Monty is hereby nominated as the newest Moderator for Lone Star Speedzone! Great job, Monty!

Keeping things as positive as possible around here has been the goal for several years. We all know that there are issues at EVERY race track in the country and with EVERY series in the country. And if it were our goal to expose all the boo-boos, bad calls, idiot moves by drivers, fist fights behind the concession stands, etc, we'd have one of the busiest sites in cyber land.

I think this cooperation among the four South Texas dirt tracks is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's bound to cause controversy and hurt feelings as tough decisions are made. Just keep in mind that our collective goal should be to help dirt track racing, help all the tracks and help all the series. Finger pointing and bashing those who see things differently doesn't belong on Lone Star Speedzone.

Thanks again to all involved in this "working together" effort. And a special thanks to Monty for keeping things civil around here!

Nick

A decision will be announced tonight one way or the other. Please note monty and myself have put alot of time and your money to create this. It can easilly be torn apart w comments and changes. If you want to bitch call me I understand. Personally I want to race kyle busch and everyone that falls under him but that is me and I have to remember there is a bigger picture and our future series and races depends on us being respectful to each other. Not an easy thing for me lol. Its possible we could lose drivers and sponsors based on todays decision but we hope not and will move fwd regardless.

How do the local cars feel about it?

What about the fans? What do you think they want to see?

As a fan first, I would love to get to see the best of the best from across the state take part in all three races regardless of their racing experience. As a product sponsor I want to see the best racing out of everyone that participates regardless of racing experience.

Racers as competitors always seem to want to be challeneged and want the best of the best out there with them as well.

If anyone thinks that anyone is racing this series for the money alone might need to get a little more familiar with racing. It's about the bragging rights for a year and/or a lifetime.

BTW this is a great 500th post...LOL

WERE ALL RACING FOR THE SAME REASON ,TO WIN ,I GO TO ALOT OF DIFFERENT TRACKS IN A YEAR WITH SOME OF THE BEST DRIVERS AND I LEARN FROM THEM ALL THE TIME ! IF U GET THE CHANCE TO RACE AGAINST SOME OF THE BEST DRIVERS IN TEXAS , U SHOULD WANT TO AND NO BETTER TIME THAN NOW! AND WHEN U OUT RUN THEM ITS EVEN BETTER ! JMO I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA AND SOME OF U WILL LEARN SO MUCH FROM THIS ,AND MAKE U A BETTER DRIVER! AND IM READY TO SEE SOME GOOD RACING , SO SUCK IT UP AND LETS GO RACING!

I agree I think that it will only help this little series if we can run the best. With the amount of sponsor money we have in this deal and the opportunity to have GW and Trevor in our cars will be really neat for us and if we get outrun then that's the way it is and like 147 says everyone can learn something and it may be one of them. But I'm pretty sure that there will be more than enough competition at the front

I am nervous about making this post here goes. I am doing it, because this is an important subject to me. I am respectul of opinions and hope mine is viewed as positive. I would not say anything to hurt the series or what my dad and Stephan have worked on. I have seen how many volunteeer hours my dad and Stephan have given to this series to make it a success and how excited my dad gets each time he hears of someone signing up to race the series or a sponsor coming along. He has told me stories about Stephan running TOBA and how great that was. He has also told me how exciting it was up in Dallas when he was a kid and a guy name Eldun Dotson (not sure on spelling) would come to a track and everyone would see if they could catch him, but most times theycouldn't

Right now I am the only registered female in this series. I turned 17 last month, so right now it looks like I am also the youngest. Youngest and the only female... hmmm. If anyone of all of us should be scared away by some big name drivers running in the series who are driving in modifieds or something else it should be me, right? But I will tell everyone it only motivates me. I doubt I can catch them, but I want to run with them. My dad and Randy Seals have both told me that if you want to be the best, you have to run against the best. I have not come close to winning a feature yet in my street stock, but I am learning with each race and inching my way to the front slowly but surely. Where I race, I have good drivers in front of me and I'm learning quicker because I am chasing fast cars with good drivers. When I started in mini's on my 13th birthday, I got lapped like 4 times in the feature. But before I got out of mini's i won some features. When I got in the street stock last year, I had a lot of things go wrong and got lapped a lot. This year, I am not getting lapped unless I mess up and I am slowly getting better and those men know I'm there. I am now starting to figure out where to pass cars and that is exciting. I am the really competitive one in our family and I want to win. So, how am I going to get better? I am going to have to race against good drivers, even if it means they are racing a limited this week and a street stock next week.

Like I said, I am respectful which my dad has told me I have to be if I post on here. So, like my dad has told me to, I will be respectful of any final decision. But I also want everyone to know that I want to race with the best there is so I can be the best too. If a 17 year old girl driver wants to run with them, surely everyone else does too. If I'm not scared, so why should anyone else be scared. I hope all who want to can run because we all have our rules for our cars.

I am lucky because my dad has me in a good and safe car. I am lucky to get to race and I thank my parents for that. I wanted my dad to race my car in the series, but he told me that I was doing good and there is no reason to pull me out of the car. So if I am in I want it to be a show and I want to race anyone who wants to race against me. Thank you Stephan for the series and for asking my dad to help you. Let everyone race and maybe a few can say they were beat by a girl. :lol:

Ok all you hotshoes and dreamchasers! Going to be hard to pull off a win on any 3 of the series races BUT if you can pull off 3 wins and pull a hat trick its worth $400 smackers in bonus money! Sponsorship is from DRC. I will be sure to introduce these guys and the rest of our sponsors at the first drivers meeting.

FYI... Monty will be out of state Sunday thru Thursday.. Back just in time for practice on Friday.. ;) ... If anyone needs to send a PM with questions or post a question, Stephan will reply, but please don't send PM's to me as I will not get them until Friday morning. Have a good week everyone and see you next Friday at SOS for practice.

$200 Sponsorship towards points fund finishers 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th.

Thankyou Stacy Family for sponsoring the series and welcome aboard. Their sponsorship will go towards (4) drivers that ran all 3 races at all 3 tracks that finished in the points championship positions 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th. $50 toward each position. If you finished in those 4 positions you must have raced in all 3 events to qualify.

Keep sending them in everyone. We recieved driver registerations for 4 drivers last night.

#5 Darrin Leonard - I37

#7 TBA - I37

#3 Mike Moseley - Texana Raceway Park

#1x Johnny Thomas - Texana Raceway Park

Welcome guys and good luck!

As of noon Sunday less then a week away from Race #1 we currently have 19 drivers registered and are paid. We have 31 entries total. Most likely not all of them will race all 3 events but we know of several other drivers that will be attending that are not currently listed. We will only add you to the list if you request it verbally or by messaging us. It is important you let us know prior to Wednesday this coming week. We are putting together a sponsor / drivers sheet that will be printed and handed out to all race fans at all 3 events. If you want to be listed as a driver on this handout then let us know now. Deadline for registration will be once qualifying starts at Race #1. Please pass along the word to those that do not have a computer.

Archived