Annual "Aaron Hudgeons Memorial" Date set

TRP

This year should be one of the biggest events of the year.

We will be posting more info as we get closer to this date.

Purses will be posted soon, looking forward to a large car count!!

We chose this date due to I37, STS and SOS being off this night. This will also be our night for the 3 track Street Stock Challenge!

I will keep yall updated!

Thanks

Wow, this should be an awesome night, and in the memory of such a beloved racer that passed way too early..

It will be exciting to have the TRP hosted Street Stock Shootout event along with the Limited Mods "2nd Annual Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race".

I know the streets will be doing time trials in lieu of heats to take the top 14 on time with the rest racing up thru a qualifier. Will you be doing time trials for the Limiteds also like last year? That was pretty cool.

Also, since the Shootout will bring in drivers from various tracks that the fans don't know, we were hoping to do out of car driver introductions for the Street Stock feature. Hope we can do that again for the Limiteds too. It was really pleasing for the TRP fans to see Limited shoes like Howard Willis, JohnO Whittington, Steve Whiteaker Jr., and others that they only hear about normally and a couple of facts about them.... Side note, I'm hoping Willis can make it again this year. When he was introduced, I mentioned that he had eclipsed the 500 mark on feature wins.. Since that time he has kept his winning ways, and as best I can calculate he is around or just passing the 550 mark... And, I hope John O can make it and have a more successful drive home than last years. Gotta break that drive home memory with a better one for him.

Yes sir Monty, we will be having the Limited Mods qualify by time trial this year at this event as well. And, I am with you on the driver intro's.

It's a great thing to have some well known drivers and some great drivers come to this event.

And Stephan, it will be great to see you race again at TRP. It's been a year, but you will get your chance at redemption. ;)

Last years show was great, but I believe this year will be even better.

I may not have a car but I will be there! This is an event that I hold dear to my heart, Aaron and his family are/were just great people and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

• 4 weeks later...

not much said here lately on this race ? its one of the best races of the year !!! and for a great cause !!! lets start getting this one pumped up ! its only a little over a month away, lets see if we can beat last years car count! WHOS COMING ??? ALL CORPUS , HOUSTON, SAN ANTONIO, EVERYWHERE . GUYS LET US KNOW !!! GREAT PAY , GREAT CAUSE , AND LOTS OF FUN !!! LETS HEAR IT !!!

Want to thank Ken B for doing this on a weekend we can go..Aaron was a 1st class young man,His folks are 1st class...We look foreward to this race and seeing many friends we dont get to see often...See you guys and gals at this race.....Frank t,and Johnny.....

The "Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race" Aaron Hudgeons scholarship fund will be selling sponsorships for business's and personal ads to be placed on shirts to be sold to raise money for the scholarship for 2011-2012 school year . The cost for business ad will be $50.00 this is for name and phone number to be placed on shirts, personal ad will cost $25.00 for name.Three scholarships were given this past school year to Victoria Hudgeons,Mason Palasek,Jacob Burnett. Shirts will be sold at races in Edna on August 27,2011 to raise money for scholarship. Sponsorship money can be taken to Hudgeons Body Shop and given to Kurt or Sandie, phone number (361-275-6772) or mailed to P.O.Box 1054 Cuero,Texas 77954, or contact James Boehm (361-564-7056)or Carlton Albrecht at (361-571-1246) also any students that will be graduating in 2012 the 2011-2012 school year and any college student enrolled in class can apply for scholarship send a resume to this P.O.Box next year 2012--starting in march ending on May 11,2012 to be considered for scholarship. Any one wanting to donate money can also donate to this by sending money to P.O. Box 1054 Cuero Texas 77954 We would like to thank you in advance for any and everything everyone has done the first year to get this scholarship fund started we hope this continues for many years to come also this is a good way to keep Aarons name active in the racing community and give some students money to continue their education on the behalf of Aaron and his ability to touch so many people in his short life he had here on earth with us.

If anyone knows they will purchase a shirt can call and give us a shirt size so we can be sure to have sizes available we have had lots of people asking about shirts this year thanks again...

*********** we will need to have sponsors names in by august 20 in order to get shirts printed in time for race ************

Thanks Bruce and Donna for letting us come back this year to sell shirts...

It is an absolute that August 27th will be one of the biggest things of the year at any track in Texas. We are already hearing of the real deal names who will be coming in for this. Some big name drivers will be coming in who have tremendous respect for the reason behind this Limited Mod race, tremendous respect for the friend that Aaron was to them, and true appreciation for the establishment of the scholarship fund..... It will be an absolute home run night for TRP with two major events on the same night, and I sincerely hope the scholarship fund will continue to grow in success as it did for the 2011 graduates.

You can count us in for one of the $50 building blocks to the scholarship fund. What a great thing that y'all initiated. I will get by the shop between now and early August and give Sandra our money...

This type of event is where the family of racers is personified as they come together for a common focus. This will need the local Limited Modified drivers to shake the trees to draw in their racing friends across the state and keep this topic at the forefront all in memory of their friend that passed way too soon.

Going to be a ton of cars for only 2 classes. Who's going to have the most, Street Stocks or Limiteds?

I'd like to say that street stocks will have more cars, but I think it is going to be very close. We shall see. After the bicycle give away this weekend, it will be interesting to see the energy start building and folks coming to the table to lay money down to make it a huge draw for some who have to travel from far.

I'm extremely excited for this night, as I'm sure many racers and fans alike also are. This will be my first time to attend Aaron Hudgeon's Memorial race, as I was not able go last year. Being apart of this event not only as a fan of Aaron, his family, or all they have done for racing through out the years but also as a competition in the Street Stock Shootout at my home track will defiantly be one for the memory books.

I've heard word that Howard Willis is planning to run this one again, Paul White, and John O. I would suspect and hope Lawrence and Steve Jr a well, along with a lot of other STS and I-37 drivers in addition to Johnny T. Hoping to see several of the Houston area guys also and will be calling Downey and Seals to see if they can make it. Hoping to see the chassis builder for Louisiana head over also.

I believe that this is going to turn out to be bigger than last year. I know that the Hudgeons family are so thankful to each one of you that help to make this event a success. They enjoy seeing all of Aaron's friends and competitors come in his honor! I myself, am very proud to be a part and to be able to host this event at our track is such an honor.

All I have to say is "Kurt,you did one hell of a job. You raised a great human being, who touched way more people and gained their respect in such a relatively short time than most people do in 70 years. The apple didnt fall far from the tree." Most could only dream of feeling as proud as you must feel.

I hope everything works out so that I can get a ride and run at least one lap in memory of a great racer, and donate any winnings back to the scholarship fund.

Victor

Be prepared to get a little misty eyed when you see this year's Aaron Hudgeons Memorial Race" graphic that will be used for the flyer and the Texana website. My wife showed me the draft she prepared earlier today. It will be up on Texana's website soon and after July 23rd, we'll fix up a flyer for Ken and crew. We'll post the flyer here on LSSZ so you can download, print and hand out to many people and the track will be able to send to their print shop and do the same.

-Monty

I THINK ITS TIME TO GET THIS BALL ROLLIN!!! IM GONNA GET ON THE BALL AND START WITH THE LOCAL BUSINESSES AND SEE WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO DO FOR THIS AWESOME RACE!!!! AND GREAT CAUSE !!!! GW HESSONG

thanks gw any help in that area will be greatly appreciated hard for us to make it to edna with our schedule

Archived