better luck next time

Sry to hear bout the number 1 tommy ...I know its hard to beat the odds sometimes. Hope you get it ready for next weekend I know the feeling very well but wat can you do huh u need any help gimme a call cuz we've been n ur shoes before just roll with the punches bro

if its about being wrecked, he wasnt wrecked by anyone. he had no where to go. nothing about him wrecking had to do with intentionally taking him out. A car spun and he had no where to go

Well I wasn't implying that but....yeah that happens too everyone already knew that but that wasn't wat I was talking about

I HOPE HE MAKES IT BACK ..ASWELL AS THE 88 AND 3 .........MAY I SAY SOMETHING HERE WITH OUT YOU BEING MAD AT ME OVER WHAT IM ABOULT TO SAY .....I KNOW THIS IS YOUR THREAD ......... THIS CLASS NEEDS CARS ..THIS CLASS NEEDS TO HAVE A PRAYER SESSION... GET EVERYTHING OUT IN THE OPEN ....CIVIL.. I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE .AND HAS BEEN DONE ...THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SOME DRIVESR OTHER THAN WHAT YOU DONT LIKE .OR PERCEIVE AS......THE TRACK THE CREWS AND CAR OWNERS SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS MEETING ..ONLY THE DRIVERS PERIOD AND THAT WILL EXCLUDE ME TO ... ..ALOT OF CRAP COULD BE CLEARED UP IN TEN MINUTES ..THE FANS WANT TO SEE A SHOW ..YOUR OUT THERE TO PUT ON A SHOW AND HAVE FUN DOING IT ..I AGREE IT HASNT BEEN FUN FOR SOMETIME .ALL HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH NAGATIVE BS FOR SOMETIME NOW ..ITS TIME TO END IT ..IM GUILTY ......LETS MAKE IT RIGHT AND HAVE FUN AGAIN ..SO IF YOU DRIVERS AGREE ..JUST POST ONE WORD ........................AGREE ...

With all do respect I think its all lil too late for that it obvious some people have made their mind up abot how to treat others cuz its not just one class nor just drivers n pit

true ...but it starts with . the love of the sport ..thier were drivers i really didnt like when i was driveing and the feeling was mutual.. but we talked and agreed to race each other the way it should be done ..did not say we had to like each other but have a greater respect ........sorta funny years later you find you really happen to like that other driver ...drivers ...just never took the time to swallow your pride .........IVE SWALLOWED MINE BEFORE ..IT REALLY DOES NOT TASTE THAT BAD ...... ITS NEVER TO LATE ..

Well that a yes and no some have decided to take it too far as being respectful I would love to have all this go away but this is just something that the years gone by will have to determine JMO. Fairness n equality go a long way but there's really no use n goin back n forth. My reguards to theones who have had thelove of racing taken away from them without discussion. Hope everyone gets there cars back together for the next race peace out

well i gotta disagree, I think it is too late, Racing use to be fun, you use to show up with a smile, have a laugh or two, get in your car and put on one hell of a show then have a beer afterwards. Its not like that anymore, now its more like you show up to the track, and you gotta watch your back, scared your in trouble with someone, or people just act like they are the best thing in the world. thats not fun for anyone at a race track. Speaking for myself I try to respect everyone at any track if i know them or not. but to get respect you have to give respect. I mean look around, Some of you like, and hate Gb, but hes been doing this for a very long time and been threw it all, like you hightech, and alot of others he SOLD his car because its not fun anymore. Just like me I could fix my car anytime, but why? just to get tore up or have a bad time? nah.. its much more fun helping out teammates and having a good time JMO.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS ....NO FAULT IF YOU DONT THINK ITS WORTH A TRY ..SOMEOME OUT THERE WILL .. IF NOT IT WILL JUST KEEP ON KEEPING ON TILL ITS GONE ..THEN PROBLEM SOLVED ..WHEELMAN THANKS FOR LETTING ME JUMP YOUR THREAD ..

This isn't a new thing. I use to race at C.C. Speedway in the 90's. It was fun when I first started. But later on it got to be a big headache. Some people would wreck me when I would give them all the room in the world on the high side. I was accused of putting another driver in the wall after running with him door handle to door handle for about 4 to 5 laps. This other car was on the inside!! How could I have put him in the wall? We never touched. When pratice was over one night this car was sitting in the infield and drove across the track in front of me and I hit him. I was accused of it being my fault. It seemed like the last couple of years it was this same car that put all the dents and dings on my car. It no longer got to be fun when you was wondering each week what is going to happen tonight? So as you can see this is not a new thing going on. It's been going on as long as there has been racing. I agree with High Tech. You have to treat and race each other with respect. This one driver I was just talking about I have a lot of respect for him. Would I want to put another car together and race again? Most likely not. Just enjoy it while you can and race as clean as you can.

This isn't a new thing. I use to race at C.C. Speedway in the 90's. It was fun when I first started. But later on it got to be a big headache. Some people would wreck me when I would give them all the room in the world on the high side. I was accused of putting another driver in the wall after running with him door handle to door handle for about 4 to 5 laps. This other car was on the inside!! How could I have put him in the wall? We never touched. When pratice was over one night this car was sitting in the infield and drove across the track in front of me and I hit him. I was accused of it being my fault. It seemed like the last couple of years it was this same car that put all the dents and dings on my car. It no longer got to be fun when you was wondering each week what is going to happen tonight? So as you can see this is not a new thing going on. It's been going on as long as there has been racing. I agree with High Tech. You have to treat and race each other with respect. This one driver I was just talking about I have a lot of respect for him. Would I want to put another car together and race again? Most likely not. Just enjoy it while you can and race as clean as you can.
What happened to racing

What happened to racing

NO COMUNICATION AND LACK OF RESPECT ......SOMETHING YOU AND JOSHUA HAVE ...YOU AND HE ARE GOOD EXSAMPLES .

not to sure about that but sure there is truth to that. i stay solo and show respect on track. just kinda the only way i know. i understand its not the common way of this track sorry. i just like to keep to myself and acknowledge people with hi and bye. like to help other solo guys too

What this class needs is leadership.Someone who looks after each and everybodys intrest.Without it its like an army without a general.Leadership is the only thing that can save it.

THE LEADERSHIP THIS CLASS NEEDS ISNT GOING TO BE ONE PERSON SOLVING THE PROBLEM ...... THIS CLASS LEADERSHIP IS ALL DRIVERS WHO WANT TO STAY WITH THIS CLASS AND KEEP IT ALIVE GET TOGETHER FORGET THE PAST BS .THROW AWAY THE PRIDE FOR JUST A FEW MINUTES AND FIX THIS DARN THING ........... IT ISNT EVER GOING TO BE PERFECT . NO CLASS IS ..TPS HASNT ALWAYS BEEN PERFECT BUT HEY THEY ARE STILL AROUND ..THOSE GUYS WORK IT OUT .DONT THINK FOR A MINUTE IT WAS JUST ONE PERSON RUNNING THE SHOW FIXED ALL THAT ............ I HAVE PUT AWAY THE BS I HAVE THROWN OUT AND TAKEN AND STARTED OVER ..WE ARE FRIEND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED ...... YOU KNOW AFTER MY BROTHER ALMOST DIED IT HAS MADE ME THINK AND IT WONT BE EASY TO CHANGE / HE HAS A SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE .....HIS OUTLOOK IS SOMETHING I HAVENT SEEN IN ALONG TIME .THE SMILE HE HAS GOING THROUGH WHAT HE HAS GONE THROUGH AND STILL HAS TO GO THROUGH ..LONG UPHILL BATTLE ......AND HERE WE ARE ...GOING THROUGH BS THAT IS NO NEED ........YOU KNOW GB I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS WILL END UP .DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY ...ALL I KNOW IS IF YOU DONT GET OVER IT .I WILL BOTHER YOU FOR ALONG TIME ..IN TIRED OF IT BOTHERING ME ... I AM LOOKING AHEAD WITH GREAT EXSPECTATION......... IF YOU OR ANYONE DONT WANT TO JOIN IN THATS OK JUST DONT TRY AND KNOCK IT DOWN ANYMORE ..FRANKLY I AM ASHAIM OF MYSELF OVER THE YEARS PAST FOR THE BS I HAVE TOOK PART IN ...I WANT TO CHANGE THAT .......YOU SAID LEADERSHIP .. WELL IF IT HAS TO BE LEADERSHIP ..WHY NOT YOU AND I ..IT STARTS RIGHT HERE ...ANYONE ELSE WANT TO JOIN ..

The needed leadership will not come from racers,they have never been able to regulate themselves.It should come from the race director or a person appointed by the race director to head this field.2 good examples are Niel Upchurch and Owen Pitman.Both hahad and have racers that follow their lead.Both listened to issues but both made the final decisions.No voting crap.

Any organization is only as good as its boss.

Donnie Yocum would not have this problem.He would straighten everyone out.I miss him.

Im going to throw in my little word about the leadership thing. Back in the 80s when they had the south texas mini stock club. My dad was the vice president, and he said it was extremely difficult. I have always hated drivers meetings. They were mostly a waste of my time. Racers cant make rules because there is no way people that competitive can make the rules. Especially as divers as these cars are.

Im going to throw in my little word about the leadership thing. Back in the 80s when they had the south texas mini stock club. My dad was the vice president, and he said it was extremely difficult. I have always hated drivers meetings. They were mostly a waste of my time. Racers cant make rules because there is no way people that competitive can make the rules. Especially as divers as these cars are.

at the minimal if everyone was mature enough to be there own leader. and those that are part of their own teams. its a start

I AGREE WITH THUMPER 100% LEADERSHIP IS NEEDED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS NO INTREST OR PERSONAL FEELINGS TWORDS ANY OF THE DRIVERS AND RULES SHOULD APPLY TO EVERYONE THE SAME AND ALSO ON ANOTHER NOTE SINCE WHEN WAS DOING UR HOME WORK WRONG JUST BECAUSE UR FAST DOESNT MEAN YOUR CHEATING IT MEANS U HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO WORK AND FIND THINGS THAT WORK ON UR CAR AND THEIR ARE NOT RULES PROHIBITNG THAT AS FAR AS I KNOW.

I'll agree the class is in need of direction. though my car was outlawed by the rules I can say that many of the drivers need to spend allot more time on adjustments o their cars, I know that the alum head may have shaved off .25 of a second, the main improvements that I did were in the suspension steering and fuel and electrical systems. ball joints bushings tie rods fuel hose ect. that's the stuff that shaved the most time.

Lets not forget the person who petetioned the most to outlaw the alim.heads and cost us 3 cars does not even race this class.Cody,Daniel and possibly Johnny were outlawed because of that and it did not bring in any new cars.What bunk.But I know full well about special rules.

Dan is the only one in a position to fix this mess if he feels its worth it.Nobody else has the authority.It makes no sence to come up with solutions if they will not be headed.Sorry guys,I cant help anymore.But you do need to have a meeting with Dan,give him the OK to set things straight,then follow his lead.If you want a change after that,petetion for it,in writing singed by all parties.No more voting crap.Look at todays rules and you can see the broken up sentences and rules that dont make sence because they were modified rather than re-written.

Good luck with all that,it still makes sence to create a Thunder car class where a frontrunner can move up to,improve that car and be competetive.Right now Tommy and Jessie are those examples.Find out what THEY need to be fast and allow it.Its so simple to me its ridicolus.

These witch hunts like what happened to me,Cody,Daniel,and Johnny HAVE to stop.Guys like Tommy need a little help and constructive coaching to be a racer we can all admire.A few others could use a little help also.Prehaps a techinal commity to advise car setups.

We are all brothers and sisters so loke the muskiteers,all for one and one for all.Or die.

I put Tommy's car back together and he said he was going to race this next Saturday. It is starting to get pretty beat up. I told him he should see if he can find another Nissan 200SX for a body at least. If anybody knows of one around, please tell Tommy or reply to let me know.

Thats great news.The 200sx is getting hard to find but so is the SentraEspecially near the south because Mexico buys them all.Its a car of choice for Taxies.I will keep my eyes open.Tell him good luck Sat for me.Thanks.

Archived