lots of great racing

Ford27

Wow! obviously spoken by a non car owner. I've watched that video twice and didn't see a single clean pass until late in the race when the 96 passed the 92. Every other pass involved some degree of bumping, rubbing or pushing. Not the kind of race that someone with money invested wants to be involved in.

Thats because its been put into everyones brain that rubbing is racing. And that just isnt so. I can see bumpin someone for blocking you, but moving them out of the way DOESNT take talent. A clean pass at a technical track like THR tales talent, finesse, and some patients. Three things that alot of drivers are lacking. To a degree, everyone has a flame out from time to time and drives in over their head. It happens. If you drive 98% of the time with your head on straight, your usually given the benefit of the doubt the other 2%. But if everytime you are behind someone you cave in the nose of your own car and beat the rear bumper to death of their car, your just asking to get stuffed in the wall as repayment.

I would lay down a bet that if the latemodels and mods and maybe even the pro lates at hmp went one race without anyone being allowed to touch another car, the race would be fast, exciting, more fun for the drivers, and cheaper for car owners. Its simple. you bang another car, your blackflagged for a pass thru. But thats just a pipe dream. :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure exactly what the point of using my picture on here. If it's a reference to the mud comments on here, then don't really care. I have no issues with that stuff. If it has to do with something else, let me know. And for the record, 3 cars got tangled up. The 3, 79, and the 07.

OK, folks. This thread (and this whole site for that matter) is not the place to voice disagreements with a call. It is not the place to make accusations, implied or otherwise, of favoritism, nepotism, etc. I have removed several posts that did just that to one degree or another.

If anyone feels the need to express their concerns about calls, etc, most tracks are more than willing to take calls and discuss issues with you. And I know Mary Ann always listens to concerns brought to her by teams, fans, sponsors, etc.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick

Again (and for the 100th time) ... Nick

Not to be argumentative but more accurately thst should be 138.569th time (there were a few strong inuendos that should count for something).

But hey who's counting.

Tracks should do what the "Monster Trucks" do. They have "Kill" switchs that are remotely controlled. If the powers to be see someone doing something like banging on the backside of a car orcoming back on track with mud or for what ever reason they can just hit a button and.........car no starty.

If the drivers cant show respect then let the tower show them how. The fans dont want to see someone win a race because the driver knows how to bump someone.

There is a go cart track in Phoenix that has the ability to shut down the go carts at will. If the operator deems it necessary. I was leading by quite a ways and he kept shutting me down so others could catch me. Made for a fun race.

Classic ------- if that had been THR the top 3 finishers would have wreaked each other and the 4th place car would have won. <_<

Rusty, I've seen some excellent racing at THR and I'm sure you have too. Just check out the Super Stocks, the Thunder Stocks and the Mini Stocks for example. It's not the track's fault that some competitors in the "Upper Divisions" seem to have lost sight of what it means to be a sportsman. Can't be much fun racing if you feel you have to wreck everyone else to get to the front.

From my perspective, Mary Ann has given us a great place to race and now it's up to us to race like Texas sportsmen. It's not up to the track to "make us behave," it's up to us to behave.

Nick

I feel bad for some the THR staff. It's just why in the world would a driver want to screw their high dollar car up when it could of been avoided? When i put my car on the trailer the way it came to the track, i'm happy even if i didn't do that great. That's always a good night for me.

Nick,

I didn't mean to paint all the classes with the same brush. SS's and trucks have been great over the years. Just to clarify, all my posts on this thread are in reference to TSRS and some of its drivers, not the track or its promoter.

Paint the frontend and fenders all white.

Then each car paints the rear and side quarters

a different color if your front end is not solid white

after the race then a dq for rough driving.

Maybe then they will respect each other

I feel bad for some the THR staff. It's just why in the world would a driver want to screw their high dollar car up when it could of been avoided? When i put my car on the trailer the way it came to the track, i'm happy even if i didn't do that great. That's always a good night for me.

You sir, are my new hero. Not too many, or not enough, folks have such a great attitude. Tip 'o the hat to ya!

This is not a new problem it has been going on for a while. Its not THR officials, but most of the TSRS drivers, that have no respect for their fellow racers. There are only a few of the drivers left that I care to even watch, most just go out and cause caution after caution and do not care. SOMEBODY will fix their car and it usually is not the person driving. It is the main reason I no longer race. Just my opinion but when you have such bad car count you may want to have more cars finishing the races and coming back for more. Wrecked and torn up races cars helps nobody. Other than a select few drivers there is a total lack of respect shown on and off the track by most of the TSRS drivers and this is just my opinion.

Have a great Memorial day and remeber what this holiday is for.

OK... I think we have identified the problem. Everyone, including Mary Ann, pretty much agrees that it's a matter of respect - or the lack of it - that is at the real issue here.

Frankly, it doesn't matter what set of rules a track comes up with, it all boils down to the guy/gal with their hands on that steering wheel. Yes, I know there are some who believe it is up to the track to baby sit, put on time out, scold, black flag, etc, drivers who register high on the track's "I-Did-That-On-Purpose" meter, but the fact remains that every driver out there has to decide whether to drive with respect or not - no matter what rules are in place.

But why do some classes - the Pro Trucks come to mind - seem to have respect for each other? To me, the answer is easy. It's because the folks at the top of that division have respect for each other. They run under the same rules as the other classes don't they?

To me the saddest part of this whole lack of respect thing is that the youngsters in the Bandos and Legacys are watching closely. If their heroes are knocking the crap out of each other, what might we reasonably expect them to do?

Nick

To me the saddest part of this whole lack of respect thing is that the youngsters in the Bandos and Legacys are watching closely. If their heroes are knocking the crap out of each other, what might we reasonably expect them to do?

the "youngsters" will drive the way they want despite the way tsrs drivers drive. the daddy's money kids will do what daddy says.....

You sir, are my new hero. Not too many, or not enough, folks have such a great attitude. Tip 'o the hat to ya!

I second!

If that ain't enough then you have to ask yourself "why am I doing this?".

If the answer is to shore up an ego and earn the same level of esteem as a professional race car driver (or the equivalent) - all I can say is the local track has been outgrown and it's time to follow your career leads.

Now if your answer is that your in it to either mindlessly spend gobs of money or to make money selling parts, setup and maintainence - then any other attitudes would be the profitable ones.

It's not THR fault but they can do something about it. Each driver comes to race on THR grounds and i'm pretty sure every driver got a copy of the 2011 rule book. If a track doesn't punish the out of control drivers, then it will continue. Make the punishment worse if they have been warned numerus times or put them on a "probation period" just like nascar does.

the "youngsters" will drive the way they want despite the way tsrs drivers drive. the daddy's money kids will do what daddy says.....

Not takiNg up for the "RICH KIDS" but i myself have been dumped, rubbed, wrecked by more of what people consider "veterans" than kids. Sometimes the guys who have been there forever feel like you should just get out of the way. Its a two way street dont get mad at the kid for doing exactly what you have done in the past.

Archived