just got back

HiTech

thanks for the for the info.when i saw you last night i was in my car didnt get to ask you.

THATS OK .. I REALLY WASNT UP TO TALKING TO MUCH LAST NIGHT .TIRED AS HECK .AND BEING AT THE TRACK KNOWING HE COULD NOT BE THERE WAS LAYING HARD ON JOSHUA MY WIFE AND I .JOSHUA WANTED TO RACE FOR HIM ..TO WIN IF HE COULD ..HE DID WHAT HE SET OUT TO DO ..THE TROPHIE HE WON WILL END UP IN STEVES HANDS WHEN THEY LET HIM HAVE A ROOM WHERE IT IS OK ......... IT WAS A EMOTIONAL NIGHT TO SAY THE LEAST ...PEOPLE WERE DONATING THIER TIME OR MONEY TO HELP WITH HIS EXSPENCES AND NEEDS ... ....HAD ME CHOKED UP MOST OF THE NIGHT ...YOU NEVER KNOW HOW MANY FRIENDS YOU HAVE KNOWN AND UNKNOWN TILL SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS .... WE WILL NEVER FORGET ...........LIKE I SAID IT WAS OK ....ALOT OF POEPLE DIDNT GET TO TALK TO US ....THE MAIN THING IS YOU WERE THINKING OF HIM .....THAT MEANS ALOT ...

NOW AN UPDATE .........................HE WAS COMMUNICATING VERY WELL TODAY WITH MY SISTER ...JOKING AND ALL ..CANT SPEAK OFCOURSE .............AS OF HIS LUNG ..HE IS STILL NOT IMPROVING PERSAY ..BUT NOT GOING BACKWARDS EITHER ..SO THE CUP IS STILL HALF FULL ...AND THATS POSITIVE .... LOOKS LIKE IT MAY TAKE ANOTHER WEEK BEFORE HE CAN BE MOVED TO A PRIVATE ROOM ..AS TO HIS CONDITION WOULD IMPROVE JUST A HAIR MORE ... BUT MAYBE A FEW WEEKS BEFORE HE CAN COME HOME AS WE WERE TOLD ....

LATEST /////HE IS DOING ALOT BETTER CAN COMMUNICATE NOW WITHOUT A TUBE STUCK IN HIS MOUTH ...THROWS A JOKE OR TWO THOUGH NO VOICE RIGHT NOW .........BUT STILL HAS ALONG WAY TO GO ..ONE INCH OF IMPROVEMENT IS EQUAL TO A MILE ..STILL FIGHTING THAT LUNG .ITS THE BAD BOY ....

Mike

I think its the 5th floor at that hospital. Glad to hear he is doing better. You better get his bike fixed before he gets out or he will take you for a little trip to the 5th floor. :lol:

you know i can fix alot of things .but that bike is out of my hands ... ........ i got up at 4 am this morning .went on a four city tour taking care of things for him ..including seeing him ..in sa . 480 miles .. the bike tps 9 bobby and aboult 1500 gypsy buddies have the bike .. they are fixing it up for him ...i think they can do a better job on it than i ......be awhile before he could ride it again .but it will be ready ...besides i have my hands full . trying toget other things done ..still have to get his house ready for a wheel chair and such ..... as for the 5th floor .. if i could get some rest .. make my reservation for me please ...

well he was able to stand and move onto a shower chair to finaly get a shower ......so on the road to recovery ......still maybe a couple or so weeks before he may get out ............been up at the lake the last couple days trying to get his trailor built for a wheel chair which he will need for a short time..... lot of destruction and recontruction just to make it where he can get into the house ........gotta build a lift to get him up to the deck ..thats going to be a contraption ..lol home made elevator sort of ...man aint racecar builders inovative ...maybe cost just aboult 100 dallors to build .i get a pic when its done ............ if anyone has some steal plaite or channel iron .or just aboult anything my mind may think will work for the lift .im open .........also if some has a used washer and dryer cheap .we could use it ..dont care what they look like just need to work ..

• 2 weeks later...

SHOWED UP AT THE HOSPITAL THIS MORNING... HEARD A VOICE SAY COME AROUND TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CHAIR ...FIRST TIME IN NEARLY A MOUNTH I HEARD THAT VOICE .... SURE GLAD I CANT READ LIP TALKING VERY WELL ..THAT GOT OLD ....FAST . OTHER THAN HIS LEFT ARM IN PAIN .SOMETHING THEY HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND THE PROBLEM JUST YET ... HE IS IN GOOD SHAPE ALL THINGS CONSIDERED ..STILL HAS THAT TREAK OR WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT ..BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO PLUG IT SO HE CAN SPEAK....STILL HAS A WAY TO GO .BUT HE IS GETTING THERE ..THANKS TO EVERYONES PRAYERS .AND HIS WILL TO LIVE THINGS ARE LOOKING UP .. MAYBE ANOTHER TWO WEEKS AND HE CAN GO HOME ..

HE IS HOME ......

OUTSTANDING!!

Welcome Home, Steve!!

THANKS ROSIE AND WILL ,,THANK YOU ROSIE FOR THE HELP LAST WEEK ..YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH THAT HELPED ...GOOD THING IS I WONT HAVE TO DRIVE AS FAR ...NOW 140 MILES ROUND TRIP INSTEAD OF DOUBLE THAT ..SO GAS BILL AS YOU KNOW WAS VERY LARGE .IS NOW GOING TO BE CUT IN HALF ...DRIVEING TIME TOO .....STILL HAVE TO TRAVEL FOR A COUPLE OF MORE WEEKS BUT SEE AN END IN SIGHT .....PLUS HOPEFULLY I CAN TAKE A DAY OFF ..AS IT IS TO DATE .38 DAYS NON STOP ...THATS NOT COUNTING THE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS ..LOL THIS REMINDS ME OF MY OIL FIELD DAYS WHEN I WAS 28 YEARS YOUNGER ..24 .7 .....,, ONLY DIFFERENTS ..IS THAT 28 YEARS .....I FEEL IT ...EVEN MY HAIR IS STARTING TO POUND ON MY HEAD SAYING ENOUGH IS ENOUGH .......AND THEY ARE STARTING TO JUMP SHIP ..

Archived