CAPTAIN!

I'm still trying to figure out why GB ended up not winning this one after looking at the video.

By the way, to see the video of this race

Unless I'm really missing something, the video clearly shows that GB did not race in the grass at the start or any other time during the race, except to accept his "stop-and-go" penalty for racing in the grass. Furthermore, the same video shows that when he rejoined after the stop-and-go he was at the tail end of the lead lap.

A lap or two later there was a yellow which allowed him to get back up behind the leaders. Then he blazed by on the inside to take the lead and never look back.

Like I said, I certainly have no old dogs in this fight, but I gotta admit that I'm scratching my head over this one a bit....

Nick

I'm still trying to figure out why GB ended up not winning this one after looking at the video.

By the way, to see the video of this race

Unless I'm really missing something, the video clearly shows that GB did not race in the grass at the start or any other time during the race, except to accept his "stop-and-go" penalty for racing in the grass. Furthermore, the same video shows that when he rejoined after the stop-and-go he was at the tail end of the lead lap.

A lap or two later there was a yellow which allowed him to get back up behind the leaders. Then he blazed by on the inside to take the lead and never look back.

Like I said, I certainly have no old dogs in this fight, but I gotta admit that I'm scratching my head over this one a bit....

Nick

thanks nick was affraid i was missing something ha ha video dont much lie

ok here is how i see it . g b did pass on the grass thats clear . however the score keepers stop scoring a car thats been blacked flaged after 2 laps. g b toke 3 black flags . so how i see it the score keepers still had him a lap down . not on the lead lap i could be wrong but thats how i see it

I saw a black flag. Doesn't a black flag mean get off the track, your done? And if he was black flagged to get out, why didn't they continue to give him the flag? If they weren't going to score him why did they let him continue? If it was a stop and go penalty flag how do you tell the difference?

This is really bothering me,

1st. GB took off when the green flag dropped, did his left side kick up some dust? Yes, did he pass in the grass No.

2nd. GB and the pole sitter are the only ones that really took off when the green flag dropped.

3rd GB really didn't "pass" anyone untill halfway down the straight, the only car he was racing at the time.

I gather this conclusion from watching the video over & over frame by frame, I wasn't even there. Unless there is another video that shows something different, then I have to say I don't agree with the call. This is my opinion and I am not bashing the CCS staff in any way, I just don't agree.

Donna, Can you post the general rules to the CCS websight, it seems those are the only rules not posted. TY

This is really bothering me,

1st. GB took off when the green flag dropped, did his left side kick up some dust? Yes, did he pass in the grass No.

2nd. GB and the pole sitter are the only ones that really took off when the green flag dropped.

3rd GB really didn't "pass" anyone untill halfway down the straight, the only car he was racing at the time.

I gather this conclusion from watching the video over & over frame by frame, I wasn't even there. Unless there is another video that shows something different, then I have to say I don't agree with the call. This is my opinion and I am not bashing the CCS staff in any way, I just don't agree.

Donna, Can you post the general rules to the CCS websight, it seems those are the only rules not posted. TY

Believe you hit that right on money. i am new at the track but i was told you have 3 laps to obey black flag. also man green flag drops and no one go's we dont know how to lift. ha gotta go to win.. just opinion also

Archived