Jim Knudtson says inch of rain at I-37 "Perfect"

tqj3

Greg,

It's going to be interesting to see the video. It's hard not to see what the front wheels are doing on a modified. Since the sheetmetal damage on the 67J was from the firewall back, and he was a lap car, I'd say you had the track. If the video shows his front wheels turn right (which is what I thought I saw) he should not only have been black flagged, but should be banned from the track.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the video. What i saw was a car pushing like a dump truck bigger than you know what every lap. Everytime in the center of the corner. The leader chose to pass this car that was pushing terrible on the outside in the center of the corner. Turned out to be a bad judgement call by the leader. IE rr qtr into lf is what i saw but im going off a tape with 2 seconds of that action...

Doesnt look intentional to me.

The video was on cassie's fb or youtube. Pics i havent found. Usually my man jb has em but hasnt had a chance to upload them. Now i said with what i could see from the video which everyone said showed what happened it didnt look intentional. You see someone with your skill level of driving and the talent you have that comes natural to i would have figured that the first time you lapped that car you would have noticed how "out of control" he was. Therefore on the second time to lap him I would assume that a driver of your caliber would have taken extreme caution. But ill wait for the pics to say that I believe 100 Percent that it was an accident. Until then Ill stay about 95%. Always leave room for error. Thats that 5%.

For now NOT GUILTY

From the video I saw his right rear hit your lf area. Maybe wheel to wheel but Im not sure cause I wasnt there. I am uncertain as to how your bars got bent. I had thought just taking a guess here that they had bent when you went off the track over one and two. I missed the part of the tape where he drove straight into your lr.

Jamie if you had caught this accident on film Im sure it would be another awesome photo. Cause thats what you do put out some of the best pics in the biz.

I take the damn camera off you for a sec and see what happens. Who knew this would happen with a lap car... cause I didn't!

I just contacted the other photographer to see if he has any good pics of the accident.

and yes the video is on my facebook page and youtube... SassyCassie0914

Now answer me this. Im just thinking out loud here. If he hit you in the LR. Drove straight through you Wouldnt in most cases you spin to the left. I mean I have ran into someone lr before and done what you are claiming this guy did to you and he spun to the left. Now if your lf tire hit his rr tire I have seen where cause of the impact to tire to tire it will shoot a car to the right which is what I saw your car do. I am new to this stuff but I hate to see a man hung cause he made a mistake. I know your not to familiar with that word but us in the rest of the world it happens.

I DIDNT SAY IT WASNT A MISTAKE AND (FRONT DOOR )PILLAR WAS LAYING ON THE TRACK THE TIRE MARK WAS ON THE FRONT OF HIS RIGHT DOOR NO QUESTION HE HIT MY LR WITH HIS RIGHT FRONT IT BROKE THE J BAR MOUNT AND ALL (THE ONE YOU SEE IN THE PIC IS WHAT I USED TO LOAD IT IM SURE THE PEOPLE IN THE STANDS SAW THE SAME THING I FELT ;);) HOW CAN YOU GUESS WHAT WAY THE CAR IS GOING TO GO BY 2 SECONDS OF VID :lol:

YEH THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS I HIT HIM IN HIS RIGHT REAR AND TORE OFF HIS DOOR PILLAR AND RUB THE FRONT OF HIS DOOR TORE MY REAR END TO PIECES DROVE THE REAR END UP UNDER THE FRAME PLATES ALL SO I CAN HIT HIM IN HIS RIGHT REAR LMAO THATS FUNNY STUFFF :lol:

The bad thing is I had the second best view point and I didn't see what the hell happened, one minute G was in front of me and the next the red is out. I do know the lap car did have a bad push because I too was wondering how to pass it unscaved. I was glad to see G get out ok. Cassie, do a better job next time, you need two videos so you can get us both...

From my point of view, your lf was hit by his (67) rr / door area as you were passing him. You were clearly going to smoke by him on the high side with ease and alot of speed vs him (67). When contact was made it didnt take much for your left front (which was slightly turned to the right due to normal power slidding) to grab as you clearly tried to hit the brakes since he pushed big time up into your path you had picked. I was amazed your car didnt flip due to how violent of a right hand turn it was at that speed. That alone could have torn up all the rearend parts. Which by the way tore up parts suck and nobody needs.

Now slow down there little buddy. No need to get all excited like a chihuaha in heat. What I was saying is I have seen where a wheel to wheel impact on a cars front wheel has sent a car in the opposite direction real quick. And for the amount of damage with alllll your pics of evidence I would believe that you flew off the track backwards which is what I saw after spinning to the right and landed off the track hard on the lr. Causing all those bars to bend and push that far to the right. I have seen a lot of bent parts but never that much from a lapped car who mysteriously got the push out of his car after being lapped twice and ran you down in the center of the corner and drove through your lr. Unless you were parked there but I didnt see that either. Still sucks to be you but I dont think the driver was thinking the next time that car laps me im gonna drive through his lr.

Archived